News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

bhg469

Some of us ancient fossils actually like the smell from the Speedway. And I truly don't understand all the hate for the Speedway in general. Remember - Not all rides are meant for adults. Some old dead guy built a park around that philosophy...

Space needs to have the complete refurb that was originally planned 10+ years ago but was scrapped. (Let that sink in for a bit...) Love for Space Mountain is not nostalgic, unless you consider a smooth ride to be nostalgia these days. :cautious:
IMO, most of the hate comes from the really bad break in theme. Noise and smell just amplify the absurdity of lawnmower engine powered cars in the "future". A retheme would be great, but use electric cars with some brushless motors.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
IMO, most of the hate comes from the really bad break in theme. Noise and smell just amplify the absurdity of lawnmower engine powered cars in the "future". A retheme would be great, but use electric cars with some brushless motors.

If the current cars were to go away, electric cars would be the way to go. There's an indoor go-kart track at Smaaaash! at the Mall of America that has them, and they seem to have a good amount of "giddee-yup". :) I think there may be some logistical issues to address with them, though. For example, I'm not sure how well they'd handle rain.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the current cars were to go away, electric cars would be the way to go. There's an indoor go-kart track at Smaaaash! at the Mall of America that has them, and they seem to have a good amount of "giddee-yup". :) I think there may be some logistical issues to address with them, though. For example, I'm not sure how well they'd handle rain.
Paris went hybrid and HKDL was electric and seemed fine.

bhg469

Electric motors are exceptionally torquey. That makes them really great go karts

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Forgive me if I overlooked (only skimmed through previous Tomorrowland threads) it but was the budget for Tomorrowland's overhaul ever mentioned?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom