News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

Reboot of the land with separate elements.

Let me reiterate at this time TLF, Buzz, Space and Astro are not included.

That's a shame they aren't being changed. But with the "separate elements" part it seems an excuse for them to keep them. Someday ....

So a Buzz replacement is off the table? Or not included in the overall reboot but still replaced?

brb1006

Reboot of the land with separate elements.

Let me reiterate at this time TLF, Buzz, Space and Astro are not included. Did they even fix Astro’s neon over the last few months or just give up?
Now that I think about it, when was the last time the Astro Orbiter used to spin and not be motionless?

tomorrowland-astro-orbiter-5-9.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Mind the gap(s) Along with a new spiel and presumably paint; will the PeopleMover actually get scene additions? IP centric? (Alamo still attached post update?)

Cameron1529

Mind the gap(s) Along with a new spiel and presumably paint; will the PeopleMover actually get scene additions? IP centric? (Alamo still attached post update?)

I would presume it would. If they are going to undertake a major tomorrowland refurbishment surely that would be on the agenda.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I should say the D23 art shows it being shortened.

Here's the permit showing that it will need to be shortened (or modified, if you like) to accommodate for extra path

View attachment 258671
Don’t go off that piece of art. That’s a vague artist publicity piece. Nor those plans. The scope, detail and design of what may - or may not happen - hasn’t been put in the public domain yet.

Of course they may just stick a carousel in a field with race cars on it.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some of us ancient fossils actually like the smell from the Speedway. And I truly don't understand all the hate for the Speedway in general. Remember - Not all rides are meant for adults. Some old dead guy built a park around that philosophy...

Space needs to have the complete refurb that was originally planned 10+ years ago but was scrapped. (Let that sink in for a bit...) Love for Space Mountain is not nostalgic, unless you consider a smooth ride to be nostalgia these days. :cautious:

TiggerDad

Space and the Speedway are probably two of the top 3 rides (with BTMRR) in the MK for my DDs. They love being able to drive the cars. I agree they need a refurb but hope we can time a visit to not have them down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom