News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

montyz81

I was completely reminded of old MK and Epcot this past weekend watching the first Star Trek movie
PDVD_042.jpg

Mainahman

Has there been anymore construction related work for the tron coaster? I know someone posted that there were a few walls up a while back. Is there anything else started? is anything blocked off from the train?
also interested in this. I love following new attractions, and will be at the world in 51 long days. What can i expect?

trainplane3

The next big IP for Disney to acquire... Imagine Star Wars and Star Trek being in the same company. I am going to get shot for this, but I'd rather go on a ST ride then SW. Just my preference.
I'd be a fan of a Riker ride. Picture a Star Tours experience but with Rikers adventures like "What will he play on the trombone?", "What will he Captain Morgan on next?", "Will the ship he's in the captain chair of, blow up again?" or a personal favorite, "Which woman will he sleep with? (the answer is all of them)".

The Worf ride would be everyone telling him "Thanks Worf but no".

smile

I'd be a fan of a Riker ride. Picture a Star Tours experience but with Rikers adventures like "What will he play on the trombone?", "What will he Captain Morgan on next?", "Will the ship he's in the captain chair of, blow up again?" or a personal favorite, "Which woman will he sleep with? (the answer is all of them)".

transformation of Tom Sawyer Island to Riker's Island confirmed
:D

Princess Leia

The Worf ride would be everyone telling him "Thanks Worf but no".
This is how you have to sit down on the Riker ride:

Of course, there would be people who would say things like this around the park- “I’m going to go ride Riker, wanna come?”

trainplane3

transformation of Tom Sawyer Island to Riker's Island confirmed
:D
Well, Discovery Island was originally Riles Island before the name change. Simply drop the L for a K and you're golden. They could sell those idols there too...
This is how you have to sit down on the Riker ride:

That's actually how I got on FoP...

c-one

That makes me think/hope they might go with a look and feel similar to the aesthetic of Xandar from GotG or the Tomorrowland film. White metal and/or glass eco-friendly (looking) buildings with clean, sleek, smooth lines and curves accented by blues, grays, and silvers surrounded by energy-efficient landscaping.
Feel like Epcot kept trying to move in this direction but kept tripping over itself.

Unsolicited opinion is that I like that as the Epcot Future World aesthetic, with Tomorrowland as the cartoony retro-sci-fi aesthetic. At least in Orlando. When I was younger in the halcyon days of the early 90s, I never quite got what the difference between Tomorrowland and FW was meant to be.

trainplane3

But if the Riker ride involves VR headsets from Risa, be warned!
Disney has no problems with adding strobe lights so there'd be no problem there.
Does Disney get the Orville in the Fox deal? Because that show is pretty similar to Star Trek (minus some of the humor)
It's like the show constantly forgets its a Fox show. You have a good show then they have to jam in a bad joke. Aside from that the show is TNG, which is a good thing!
-Serious scene, adding plot direction
-Remembers it was pitched as a comedy
-Poop joke
-Why

Princess Leia

Disney has no problems with adding strobe lights so there'd be no problem there.

It's like the show constantly forgets its a Fox show. You have a good show then they have to jam in a bad joke. Aside from that the show is TNG, which is a good thing!
-Poop joke
-Why
I’m pretty curious about Season 2, it sounds like they want to make it even more ‘sci-fi’y

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

-Poop joke
-Why
Thanks so much for this reference... I had no idea this show was even on. I find it hilarious.

trainplane3

I’m pretty curious about Season 2, it sounds like they want to make it even more ‘sci-fi’y
The sci-fi bits were very well done, the jokes were just cheap. They have some very good characters, plots are decent if straight ST rip-offs, the set designs are a bit bland. If the jokes stay, I'd like some more "witty", thought out jokes and less "poop". It helps that Seth is a big Trekkie ( and ) and isn't afraid to show it. Regardless, I enjoy the show a lot!
Thanks so much for this reference... I had no idea this show was even on. I find it hilarious.
No problem. The show snuck by a lot of people. I saw Seth was in charge and instantly wrote it off. I didn't watch it until episode 4 after hearing good things about it. I'm glad I didn't miss out.

Edit: Huh, just pasting a Youtube link will auto embed the video. Didn't real want it embedded but no big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom