News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

I’ve never been to SDL and likely won’t ever go, but from what you all describe, it would not fit into our Adventureland, near Jungle Cruise and the Tiki Room. If we want the ride system in MK, it would belong in the northwestern expansion.

At DHS, I’d welcome it (although I’d prefer something unique; that ride system with Indiana Jones would be wild).

I'd love to see them use it at DHS with Indiana Jones.

Smiley/OCD

5 minutes ago at the Frontierland station…castmenbers on board!!

Attachments

• 7421013E-C943-43CC-9908-6B56BE5AD78D.jpeg
    7421013E-C943-43CC-9908-6B56BE5AD78D.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 94

ToTBellHop

you know what i find funny? I've been going to WDW since 1971 and not once have i ever cared about the train. I mean i love hearing the whistle and seeing it drive around but i dont think ive ever been on it.......

Glad its going to be back but who cares
Refined people care. While you are enjoying peanuts and lager on Dumbo, we will be savoring quail eggs and caviar on WDWRR like
1671128552062.gif

Smiley/OCD

you know what i find funny? I've been going to WDW since 1971 and not once have i ever cared about the train. I mean i love hearing the whistle and seeing it drive around but i dont think ive ever been on it.......

I guess you never had a train set as a kid…☹️

fgmnt

My favorite part of Disney trips as a kid were the monorail and train. Different strokes and all that.

James Alucobond

Even more landscaping in today, including mid-sized plantings to accompany the tree on the Speedway side of the dividing wall. The mid-path islands on the way up to the Speedway service building also looked freshly mulched, and the others planters in the plaza looked complete. They also seemed like they might be prepping the dirt areas down near Space Mountain, but I can't actually remember if those areas are supposed to be landscaped. The only naggingly incomplete thing continues to be the unpoured patch of concrete on the left side of the courtyard.

celluloid

That is how most people feel about the intellectual property of Tron.

yensidtlaw1969

Mkay. Lol

There is no universe where anyone can say the WDW pirates is better than Shanghai’s. That’s the point, and that’s what you said.
I would contend that the WDW is a better holistic experience than Shanghai Pirates.

Shanghai never overcomes the stylistic deviation that digital projection screens always seem to introduce in attractions, and that the flooded showbuilding meets right up to the projection domes is such a dumb flaw that kills any illusion by ending the screen uncerimoniously right in the guest's line of sight. Those projections simply do not convince. That you're moving gently to the side while watching them is immaterial, since that motion is often not tied to any motion implied by in the projections - you might as well be parked in front of them, even if you aren't literally, which I think was UNCgolf's point earlier. The physical sentation of the boat's movement is too often not related to the "motion" on the projection domes.

WDW's Pirates is obviously the runt of the litter in terms of the classic Pirates attractions. It absolutely got the shorter end of the stick. But the elements it does include - the dramatic queue, the massive, detailed sets, the swaths of classic animatronics in their instantly-legible and genuinely funny vignettes - all live up to the gold standard. And of course the theme song is iconic. WDW's Pirates maintains a high-quality and consistent language throughout (poorly-revised Auction dialogue notwithstanding). The loss of the caverns is meaningful, but the meat of the ride is still there - it's worth noting WDW's Pirates has basically just as many Animatronics as DL, TDL, and DLP do. Shanghai's Pirates does of course have more flash than WDW's Pirates, but it also has less substance. And it still kills me that they only have 4 Animatronics. 4. In a Disney Pirates ride? That's shameful.

If you put both rides side by side in the same park I would of course gladly ride them both. Probably several times each, since they both have strengths worth visiting. Shanghai's Pirates does some cool stuff, but it's not the be-all end-all it's made out to be. There are some very real flaws and it's not just sour grapes.

Buried20KLeague

I would contend that the WDW is a better holistic experience than Shanghai Pirates.

Shanghai never overcomes the stylistic deviation that digital projection screens always seem to introduce in attractions, and that the flooded showbuilding meets right up to the projection domes is such a dumb flaw that kills any illusion by ending the screen uncerimoniously right in the guest's line of sight. Those projections simply do not convince. That you're moving gently to the side while watching them is immaterial, since that motion is often not tied to any motion implied by in the projections - you might as well be parked in front of them, even if you aren't literally, which I think was UNCgolf's point earlier. The physical sentation of the boat's movement is too often not related to the "motion" on the projection domes.

WDW's Pirates is obviously the runt of the litter in terms of the classic Pirates attractions. It absolutely got the shorter end of the stick. But the elements it does include - the dramatic queue, the massive, detailed sets, the swaths of classic animatronics in their instantly-legible and genuinely funny vignettes - all live up to the gold standard. And of course the theme song is iconic. WDW's Pirates maintains a high-quality and consistent language throughout (poorly-revised Auction dialogue notwithstanding). The loss of the caverns is meaningful, but the meat of the ride is still there - it's worth noting WDW's Pirates has basically just as many Animatronics as DL, TDL, and DLP do. Shanghai's Pirates does of course have more flash than WDW's Pirates, but it also has less substance. And it still kills me that they only have 4 Animatronics. 4. In a Disney Pirates ride? That's shameful.

If you put both rides side by side in the same park I would of course gladly ride them both. Probably several times each, since they both have strengths worth visiting. Shanghai's Pirates does some cool stuff, but it's not the be-all end-all it's made out to be. There are some very real flaws and it's not just sour grapes.

Working in your favor would be if the two were next to each other, the WDW one would be a walk on. So there’s that.

Shanghai is, as a whole, a far more entertaining, exciting, and moving attraction.

Even if the screens meet the water lines.

Which I’m sure you realize less than 5% of the public notices or cares about.

That doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter…. It does…. But only to people like us. It’s the definition of picking knits. Or however you spell it. Lol

TwilightZone

Also, no one should form an official opinion of a ride before riding it for themselves.
I do agree with this to an extent, I believe that theres a lot missing when you don't actually physically ride it. However, a lot of rides no longer exist or are too expensive for the average joe to travel to. That's where videos are useful.

I once showed someone Martin's "Journey into Imagination" videos and he loved those videos compared to other footage of the ride because they were so high quality compared to the fan vids he originally found. The only way he could have experienced the attraction was from fan videos. To him, originally JII was a terrible ride because the low quality footage made it seem like a lower quality attraction than it was originally.

That's the power of videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom