News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
still, they haven’t started any work in the tunnel for the tracks..

I think now that the plaza in front of the canopy is surrounded by walls, they use the access via fantasyland to bring véhicules in. Which could means they won’t connect fantasyland station to the tunnel until the whole plaza is finished…

The track work in the tunnel is well underway...

1661599825590.png

JusticeDisney

I’m not annoyed by any of the buildings or what little things can or can’t be seen. I don’t walk around the parks with that kind of critical eye. Instead, I just walk around the parks with my family and have the best time riding fun attractions, eating some good treats, taking in what I find to be some really beautiful scenery, and making life long memories with my family. But hey, that’s just me.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I’m not annoyed by any of the buildings or what little things can or can’t be seen. I don’t walk around the parks with that kind of critical eye. Instead, I just walk around the parks with my family and have the best time riding fun attractions, eating some good treats, taking in what I find to be some really beautiful scenery, and making life long memories with my family. But hey, that’s just me.
I never even knew I was supposed to be annoyed until I joined a few Disney forums. 🤷🏼‍♀️

optjay

And for $100 less a day, per person, I can do exactly the same thing at Six Flags.
I pay more because we expect the critical details, and immersion. The thing that makes (made) Disney different from the places Walt disliked. But hey, that's just me.

celluloid

still, they haven’t started any work in the tunnel for the tracks..

I think now that the plaza in front of the canopy is surrounded by walls, they use the access via fantasyland to bring véhicules in. Which could means they won’t connect fantasyland station to the tunnel until the whole plaza is finished…

No one said the train construction was going to be finished extremely soon, it just tells you how far the Tron opening still really is. :)

techgeek

The track work in the tunnel is well underway...

View attachment 662711

I'm sorry for the negativity but I just look at this picture and see as a huge missed opportunity. This was a part of a half a billion dollar expansion project at the #1 theme park in the world, is a part of the show for multiple attractions and the entire future-themed land itself, and it looks like... a contemporary concrete tunnel.

celluloid

I'm sorry for the negativity but I just look at this picture and see as a huge missed opportunity. This was a part of a half a billion dollar expansion project at the #1 theme park in the world, is a part of the show for multiple attractions and the entire future-themed land itself, and it looks like... a contemporary concrete tunnel.

That is pretty even keel more than negative. It is also the multiyear factor of the train being completely closed with more that could have been done as well.

Even if you think Tron is a fun coaster in the dark, it is no half billion worthy, even by current Disney standards. People going in expecting anything as sharp as Guardians are likely to be dissapointed.

Jrb1979

LMAO at the thought that there is a Six Flags anywhere in the country that even comes close to rivaling WDW! But hey, feel free to save your $100 and enjoy all the Six Flags you want! One less person in line ahead of me and my family at WDW! Works for me!
There is parks out there that are almost as good.
Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, Knott's Berry farm and Cedar Point are in that list.

J4546

There is parks out there that are almost as good.
Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, Knott's Berry farm and Cedar Point are in that list

those are all great parks (havent been to cedar point) but they still dont come close to Disney imo. But I am really looking forward to that new super long coaster coming to Dollywood, looks like a chill not too aggressive and super long flowing coaster

also in terms of great parks, lets add Busch Gardens Va and Hershey Park

Touchdown

those are all great parks (havent been to cedar point) but they still dont come close to Disney imo. But I am really looking forward to that new super long coaster coming to Dollywood, looks like a chill not too aggressive and super long flowing coaster

also in terms of great parks, lets add Busch Gardens Va and Hershey Park
And Kings Island and IOA.

SplashJacket

Not caring about the corner of a building peaking through is minor compared to the true massive differences between Six Flags and Disney.

Six Flags parks (that I enjoy visiting) are dirty, poorly maintained, run by incompetent and clueless staff, and have agonizingly abysmal operations. These are issues before you consider ride, food, and show quality. Most Six Flags parks have no more thought put into ride placement than "does this physically fit this space?"

Theming and "the little things" are a spectrum. If Six Flags is 0 and Disney at its best is a 100, this is a 90. The gap between present Disney and Six Flags is insane. The current CEO of Six Flags went as far as to say their parks "became a cheap daycare center for teenagers."

Complaining when Disney starts glossing over the small things is perfectly fine, but the differences between Disney and Six Flags are being greatly understated.

yensidtlaw1969

Anway, back to TRON - it's shocking how much the showbuilding is visble, from both the out of the way spots and also the prime viewing angles of the canopy. You have to be basically right up under it to get a picture of the ride without the show building visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom