News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

That's not the point?

In Shanghai, the whole area is designed for you to be able to see the canopy. It's not like that at the Magic Kingdom. It doesn't matter how much light it puts out if it's blocked from view by other buildings (other than potentially seeing some kind of glow in the sky).
I wouldn’t be surprised if you can see the light from a number of places but I’d describe it more as light pollution than a feature.

ToTBellHop

In 2019, we were there Dec 4-8. Rise opened December 5, making it impossible for us to ride. This year, we will be there November 13-19 and based on updates, I have a feeling Tron will not open until at least the first week of December (Similar date of Rise opening) - also making it impossible to ride. Sigh. Reallllly hoping for an Oct 1st opening so we have a slight chance of doing this one!
I can't wait to see this at night.

Tron_Full_48511.jpg
It should really shine at night.

raymusiccity

Yes but you need to remember that Ratatouille was ready to open while attendance was reduced on purpose and foreigners couldn’t visit USA anyway… no point opening a ride when there were so many restrictions and you would miss out on all that potential… it was like wasting a new ride for nothing.

USA only opened in November 2021 to foreigners.. just a month after Ratatouille.

Now quicker they open something quicker they (re)attract visitors.
It would still be interesting to see a side by side set of time-line photos of Shanghai vs. Magic Kingdom construction progress. It's probably similar to time lapse photos of a loading dock in Japan, vs. a loading dock in the USA! We all know of the Covid delays, but, we can still compare apples to apples. 😄

DoleWhipDrea

I for one am eager for this to open. I enjoy the TRON aesthetic and think it will bring some much-needed life to Tomorrowland (though a lot more needs to be done.) These giant box buildings are unfortunate but at least the canopy is going to be really lovely.

Is it possible that the WDWRR will open a little before the coaster does, or should we expect them to open essentially at the same time?

still, they haven’t started any work in the tunnel for the tracks..

I think now that the plaza in front of the canopy is surrounded by walls, they use the access via fantasyland to bring véhicules in. Which could means they won’t connect fantasyland station to the tunnel until the whole plaza is finished…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom