Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest TRON photos

Tron_Full_48523.jpg

dreday3

Latest TRON photos

Tron_Full_48523.jpg

The view is going to be so awesome from the Speedway, especially at night! I finally rode Speedway last year for the first time since 1983 - loved it! Went on it 3 times. 😂

I'm sure Tron will be a lot of fun, but I'm actually more excited for the views of the lighting package at night.

StantonZ

I can't wait to see this at night.
If it's anything like what I saw in Shanghai (and it should be), then it will be spectacular; you can see it all the way across the water from the DL hotel (and the ride is at the back of the park). I'm not sure folks realize the canopy changes colors as well. I would go so far as to say: this may be one of the best additions to the MK (night-time) skyline in decades.

UNCgolf

If it's anything like what I saw in Shanghai (and it should be), then it will be spectacular; you can see it all the way across the water from the DL hotel (and the ride is at the back of the park). I'm not sure folks realize the canopy changes colors as well. I would go so far as to say: this may be one of the best additions to the MK (night-time) skyline in decades.

It probably won't be like it is at Shanghai because of the location. The canopy is hidden even from a significant part of Tomorrowland itself.

People may be able to see a portion of the top of it from the MK resorts, though -- not really sure.

Bocabear

well except for the giant box next to it...lol The unfortunate thing about the ride is that it is ridiculously and unsatisfyingly short... much like 7 Dwarfs... It just gets going and it is over.

StantonZ

It probably won't be like it is at Shanghai because of the location. The canopy is hidden even from a significant part of Tomorrowland itself.

People may be able to see a portion of the top of it from the MK resorts, though -- not really sure.
You can't appreciate it until you have seen it; the light thrown-off by this thing is tremendous.
Only a few short weeks before we see it in all it's glory.

UNCgolf

You can't appreciate it until you have seen it; the light thrown-off by this thing is tremendous.
Only a few short weeks before we see it in all it's glory.

That's not the point?

In Shanghai, the whole area is designed for you to be able to see the canopy. It's not like that at the Magic Kingdom. It doesn't matter how much light it puts out if it's blocked from view by other buildings (other than potentially seeing some kind of glow in the sky).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom