• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

I know the difference, I think we tend to blow things out of proportion, this being one of those times. Will it be viable? Probably. Will it change the way you perceive Magic Kingdom as a whole? Probably not.

Does Rock'in Roller Coaster ruin DHS for you?
Agreed.
Some things need complete theming.
FoP wouldn't work in Pandora for instance as an unthemed show building.
But seeing part of a building in Tommorowland?
Doesn't bother me any more than RnR like you said.

TJ Vazquez

Advertisement
The Rock'n Roller Coaster gravity building was designed to be a 'soundstage' in a park meant to be a studio full of 'soundstages.'

MK is not supposed to be a park full of warehouses.
Just my humble option, but I feel it was just nice convenience to "design" it as a soundstage.

TJ Vazquez

I won't disagree that it was convenient. But it worked. We can't say for sure what they would have done had the soundstage option not been fitting.

In the case of tron they didn't even try.
Well, at least they themed the Flight of Passage and Nav'i buildings, that could have been a disaster.

larryz

Disneyphilus Smirkatious
Premium Member
The Rock'n Roller Coaster gravity building was designed to be a 'soundstage' in a park meant to be a studio full of 'soundstages.'

MK is not supposed to be a park full of warehouses.
Well, they could paint it to look like an Intel CPU retail box, which would (a) fit the Tron "man in the machine" theme, and (b) entice Intel to throw some sponsorship money at the ride.

clemmo

I know this is sort of out of place but what is happening to the speedway? While it may not be immediately impacted it’s sure to look out of place

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know this is sort of out of place but what is happening to the speedway? While it may not be immediately impacted it’s sure to look out of place
Last we heard...

• Maybe a Tron theme for Speedway by 2021? [Here] and [Here]

IMDREW

I think we don’t have to worry too much about the giant blue warehouse being seen (from tomorrowland that is). Most pictures of Shanghai Tron are taken from the upper level of tomorrowland. In MK guest will never come that high, so their sightlines will be much better in this regard. I can tell from personal experience that the tron ride looked AMAZING from shanghai Tomorrowlands lower level. And from that angle you couldn’t see the showbuilding because the little part you would have seen (behind the dip in the middle of the canopy) was themed with those white waves to hide it.

In MK they won’t do the upper level as shown in the concept art. They’ll go with the escalators. Too bad the US parks never do the different levels in a land anymore because I think thats what makes parks like tokyo Disneysea so beautiful. But people here don’t like stairs, so I’ll just have to let that one go.

It’s true that the showbuilding was visible from the higher level in Shanghai, but those different levels made Tomorrowland just soo beautiful over there.

smile

Thanks! Now... the big one... will the cars be electric or gas?
while i'm not privy to the latest, a preliminary proposal was a water engine...
but, of course, TDO didn't want to spend twelve million dollars and hire a dozen technicians to keep it running :rolleyes:

Top Bottom