News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The Rock'n Roller Coaster gravity building was designed to be a 'soundstage' in a park meant to be a studio full of 'soundstages.'

MK is not supposed to be a park full of warehouses.
Well, they could paint it to look like an Intel CPU retail box, which would (a) fit the Tron "man in the machine" theme, and (b) entice Intel to throw some sponsorship money at the ride.

clemmo

I know this is sort of out of place but what is happening to the speedway? While it may not be immediately impacted it’s sure to look out of place

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know this is sort of out of place but what is happening to the speedway? While it may not be immediately impacted it’s sure to look out of place

Last we heard...

• Maybe a Tron theme for Speedway by 2021? [Here] and [Here]

britain

So, in the concept art, there's what looks like a service access bridge between Tron and Space Mountain. (Not a bridge FROM Tron to Space Mountain just to be clear)

upload_2017-11-21_14-37-45.png

But after reviewing the permit, it looks like that has been moved north, much closer to the Fantasyland train station.

upload_2017-11-21_14-39-47.png

Am I reading correctly?

IMDREW

I think we don’t have to worry too much about the giant blue warehouse being seen (from tomorrowland that is). Most pictures of Shanghai Tron are taken from the upper level of tomorrowland. In MK guest will never come that high, so their sightlines will be much better in this regard. I can tell from personal experience that the tron ride looked AMAZING from shanghai Tomorrowlands lower level. And from that angle you couldn’t see the showbuilding because the little part you would have seen (behind the dip in the middle of the canopy) was themed with those white waves to hide it.

In MK they won’t do the upper level as shown in the concept art. They’ll go with the escalators. Too bad the US parks never do the different levels in a land anymore because I think thats what makes parks like tokyo Disneysea so beautiful. But people here don’t like stairs, so I’ll just have to let that one go.

It’s true that the showbuilding was visible from the higher level in Shanghai, but those different levels made Tomorrowland just soo beautiful over there.

lazyboy97o

I think we don’t have to worry too much about the giant blue warehouse being seen (from tomorrowland that is). Most pictures of Shanghai Tron are taken from the upper level of tomorrowland. In MK guest will never come that high, so their sightlines will be much better in this regard. I can tell from personal experience that the tron ride looked AMAZING from shanghai Tomorrowlands lower level. And from that angle you couldn’t see the showbuilding because the little part you would have seen (behind the dip in the middle of the canopy) was themed with those white waves to hide it.

In MK they won’t do the upper level as shown in the concept art. They’ll go with the escalators. Too bad the US parks never do the different levels in a land anymore because I think thats what makes parks like tokyo Disneysea so beautiful. But people here don’t like stairs, so I’ll just have to let that one go.

It’s true that the showbuilding was visible from the higher level in Shanghai, but those different levels made Tomorrowland just soo beautiful over there.
The showbuilding is visible from more than just the upper level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom