News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

jaxonp

As someone who hasn't ridden Guardians but has ridden Tron, it sounds like, from reviews, that Epcot finally has a "knock your socks off" headliner attraction, but I can assure you, Tron won't deliver that when it comes to Magic Kingdom, and that's a shame.

Each park has a modern headliner (from my point of view)
  • Flight of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rise of the Resistance (Hollywood Studios)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (Epcot)
But Magic Kingdom doesn't. I realize Magic Kingdom doesn't need more draws, but I feel that each Disney park around the world needs one showstopper attraction that makes people think "wow, that alone made this whole trip worth it."

Tron is a solid ride, but far from a headliner. Would I take it over, Everest? Probably not.

Agreed, Tron is meh. It’s a visually stunning building, especially at night with its lighting package. That said, I don’t know if this will be positioned as well as the one at Shanghai.

TheMaxRebo

I don't think you're going to be able to see it that well. It seems like it's going to be hidden from view from almost everywhere (which is one of the biggest reasons the placement doesn't make much sense).

It will add to the overall atmosphere in Tomorrowland, but yeah views of it from a distance won't be great - even in much of Tomorrowland the People Mover Track will block the view some

curry767

Would they really want to open it just before the Holiday season which will already be very busy and not need an additional draw? I don't know if they would wish to deal with new ride teething problems on top of an already busy period.

It would make more sense to open in February and have some time before spring break to work out any operational kinks.

Whilst your logic may be sound, I will give you one and only one counter:

$$$$$$

ILL and/or Genie+ revenue to be more specific.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
blue.png

Yo, listen up here's a story
About a little guy
That lives in a blue world
And all day and all night
And everything he sees is just blue
Like him inside and outside
Blue his house
With a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
Cause he ain't got nobody to listen to
I'm blue
Da ba dee da ba di...

Imagineering's default lighting.

UNCgolf

It will add to the overall atmosphere in Tomorrowland, but yeah views of it from a distance won't be great - even in much of Tomorrowland the People Mover Track will block the view some

I don't think you'll be able to see it even in Tomorrowland until you're next to or past Astro Orbiters.

Seems like the best view will be from on the Speedway.

Casper Gutman

I don't think you'll be able to see it even in Tomorrowland until you're next to or past Astro Orbiters.

Seems like the best view will be from on the Speedway.
The view from onboard the Peoplemover will fairly briefly show the canopy, but it will also show a great big portion of the ugly warehouse. Basically, they added an attraction whose primary selling point is its striking canopy and positioned it so that that visual element can really only be enjoyed from the state-of-the-art, certainly-shouldn't-have-been-ripped-out-decades-ago Speedway.

UNCgolf

It should look great on approach after passing under the PeopleMover just past Space Mtn, but I really hope they do something about the awful view from Barnstormer.

It's been 4 years and they haven't bothered fixing any of the bad views on Slinky Dog Dash, so...

I do think they'll at least plant some trees there, though, if nothing else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 645676

Yo, listen up here's a story
About a little guy
That lives in a blue world
And all day and all night
And everything he sees is just blue
Like him inside and outside
Blue his house
With a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
Cause he ain't got nobody to listen to
I'm blue
Da ba dee da ba di...

Imagineering's default lighting.

And since you mentioned, 'blue'....

Screenshot 2022-05-05 161230.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom