News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DCBaker

Premium Member
Couple more photos from today -

IMG_4856.jpg
IMG_4909.jpg

Gran Fiesta

I would imagine it will be. They seem to be rushing this to completion.
Do you think it will be open when I go the first week of December? I know it will be awfully close, but I would love to experience guardians and Tron both. While I'm at it, do you think Journey of Water will be open by then? I already know that PLAY! won't be since there is radio silence on that.

ToTBellHop

Do you think it will be open when I go the first week of December? I know it will be awfully close, but I would love to experience guardians and Tron both. While I'm at it, do you think Journey of Water will be open by then? I already know that PLAY! won't be since there is radio silence on that.
I think TRON could open by then but don’t know that it will.

Not expecting Moana this year, personally. Epcot Spine projects and Play should open in 2023.

Gran Fiesta

I think TRON could open by then but don’t know that it will.

Not expecting Moana this year, personally. Epcot Spine projects and Play should open in 2023.
From what I understand, the goal is Q1 (Oct 1). No idea where the 2023 stuff came from re: Tron. Maybe fiscal 2023. They want this attraction open.
Honestly, I wish they would go ahead and announce an opening season like Fall 2022 or Winter 2022. Just something. But I guess they are waiting until Guardians is open to do that?

ctrlaltdel

Honestly, I wish they would go ahead and announce an opening season like Fall 2022 or Winter 2022. Just something. But I guess they are waiting until Guardians is open to do that?
My guess (no source) is that if it is opening Fall/Winter, they will announce that an opening date relatively soon after Guardians officially opens. Guardians was announced for Summer 2022 6 months before opening (Nov 2021), but that was after Rat had opened. That being said, if it really is opening Oct 1, I would have to think the season announcement would be no later than early July? That would only be 3 months out. We knew Guardians opening date (officially) a little under 2 months out.

ToTBellHop

Well, this guy thinks it'll be open by October. ;)
Somehow it kept getting later before moving up…

Remember when they were going to seal it up “indefinitely“ and then unsealed it like 6 months later? It’s almost as though there is no concrete planning for the parks. Unless the plan is: ”fly by the seat of our pants.” Take everything at Epcot as another example.

Touchdown

Honestly, I think bookings are soft for fall/winter 2022. There looks to still be a lot of resort openings still if you search. You know they’re desperate if a promo gets released.

Gran Fiesta

Yeah, one thing at a time for sure. They announced Guardians only a few weeks ago, so I would expect a Tron announcement this summer.
I'm assuming that's so they can make more money so that people that want to experience guardians are going to go in early June and then those same people will have to come back in October/November/December to experience Tron instead of just not going in June and going in the Fall to experience both?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Honestly, I think bookings are soft for fall/winter 2022. There looks to still be a lot of resort openings still if you search. You know they’re desperate if a promo gets released.
I’ll believe it when I see it. For years I’ve been hearing on these boards about decreases in demand and I get my hopes up that the crowds won’t be insane when I get there and then I arrive…..and it looks the same or worse than normal. The only exception was August 2021 during the delta wave Covid slow down and 6 weeks before the 50th started. That was the only time I was pleasantly surprised at the extremely low crowd levels. I’m not saying the booking aren’t down but I wouldn’t count on it either.

Touchdown

I’ll believe it when I see it. For years I’ve been hearing on these boards about decreases in demand and I get my hopes up that the crowds won’t be insane when I get there and then I arrive…..and it looks the same or worse than normal. The only exception was August 2021 during the delta wave Covid slow down and 6 weeks before the 50th started. That was the only time I was pleasantly surprised at the extremely low crowd levels. I’m not saying the booking aren’t down but I wouldn’t count on it either.
I only mentioned it because I might be able to extend my Dec trip by a few days, the Garden Wing of the Contemporary was still available. That’s not normal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I only mentioned it because I might be able to extend my Dec trip by a few days, the Garden Wing of the Contemporary was still available. That’s not normal.
Fair enough and it very well may be a sign of soft demand. I’m just saying I’ve been bitten by that “false hope” before so I’ll believe it when I see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom