News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Clamman73

View attachment 596152
Little construction update on the "mystery" building constructed next to the canopy.

Is it for a TRON exhibit experience like in Shanghai but this time sponsored by Enterprise Car Rentals, would be weird but then again it gets their logo within the park?

View attachment 596153
I would like it to be a combo Flynns arcade/End of Line rooftop bar.

Movielover

They just did it with the monorail…
I assume you mean Epcot? The monorail is above the area of construction and the cars are completely enclosed, thus no real risk to the riders. The trains are open to the environment and would run right through the construction with areas of danger to both sides and above the train.

lazyboy97o

I assume you mean Epcot? The monorail is above the area of construction and the cars are completely enclosed, thus no real risk to the riders. The trains are open to the environment and would run right through the construction with areas of danger to both sides and above the train.
The Polynesian Village station was completely demolished and rebuilt, including overhead work, while both the Express and Resort monorail loops remained operational. The monorail bodies are not so strong that they would really protect against something like a falling steel beam.

JoeCamel

The Polynesian Village station was completely demolished and rebuilt, including overhead work, while both the Express and Resort monorail loops remained operational. The monorail bodies are not so strong that they would really protect against something like a falling steel beam.
I know when they built the GF DVC the monorail service was disrupted for quite a while. Was it the same at Poly?

JoeCamel

The stop at the Polynesian was eliminated for the majority of the construction, but monorail service otherwise continued as normal with the monorail simply running straight through the gutted station.
That is impressive for the considerations @lazyboy97o stated. All they were doing at GF was running materials under the beam (well hopefully) and I think there were a couple lifted over the beam.

matt9112

I'm confused why anyone thinks they would/should allow the train through a hard hat area? It definitely can't come back until release to operations.

I think its more so a why? Why build it there? Why take a lifetime to build it? Why ? The train is legitimately missing the 50th....because some hyper intelligent person decided out of all the 4 parks the MK needs this.

lazyboy97o

This response only make sense if you ignore the fact that the monorail and the WDW Railroad train are entirely different structurally speaking.
Neither one is going to do well if a steel beam falls onto it. The Walt Disney World Railroad is also supposed to go through a tunnel that could provide protection not to mention the possibility of providing temporary protection.

Movielover

I had somehow completely forgot about that project. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom