News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

celluloid

Funny but true story:

My nephew for the past years: cant believe the train at magic kingdom isnt in operation!

last week we went to Disneyland Paris

me: do you want to go on the train?
My nephew: no its stupid. Just a train that goes around the park…😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

They reach those states or "joyous" ages where trains at theme parks are stupid, they don't want to be in photos at all, or they are too cool to admit something might be fun enough to do.

cranbiz

The lines would be horrendous…
Why would you think they would be horrendous? The train would still go from Main Street to Fantasy Land. Sure you will have some people on for a longer time but some will be on it for a shorter time. It will even out on average.

ToTBellHop

Why would you think they would be horrendous? The train would still go from Main Street to Fantasy Land. Sure you will have some people on for a longer time but some will be on it for a shorter time. It will even out on average.
It’s one train instead of 3 or 4 when you run shuttle mode, so it would take at least half an hour to return to Main Street after leaving. Probably more like 40 min. You’d have lines down to the Hub during that 40 min and people at the end would need to wait at least 2 cycles.

Absolute nightmare.

celluloid

It’s one train instead of 3 or 4 when you run shuttle mode, so it would take at least half an hour to return to Main Street after leaving. Probably more like 40 min. You’d have lines down to the Hub during that 40 min and people at the end would need to wait at least 2 cycles.

Absolute nightmare.

That is hyperbole of course.

Shorter trip in shuttle mode, while not the most efficient, it has a huge capacity. People knowing it would only take them to Fantasyland or to MSUA from Fantasyland would not wait until the hub. Even if some did not know, most would know that is for the train and that is all it is going to and would give up waiting far beyond that point.

If Disney is not worried about not running the train around the park at all, I don't think efficiency of attraction crowd patterns and capacity is their top concern. And they are capping attendance and have had park hopping rules into effect for supposedly to assist with that kind of reason.

It is more that they that they are not wanting to staff it and deal with an operational cost that does not provide much income, so they can take their time on this very long project that turned into a longer one. A mix of Tron's slow construction and Parking Tram logic.

ToTBellHop

That is hyperbole of course.

Shorter trip in shuttle mode, while not the most efficient, it has a huge capacity. People knowing it would only take them to Fantasyland or to MSUA from Fantasyland would not wait until the hub. Even if some did not know, most would know that is for the train and that is all it is going to and would give up waiting far beyond that point.

If Disney is not worried about not running the train around the park at all, I don't think efficiency of attraction crowd patterns and capacity is their top concern. And they are capping attendance and have had park hopping rules into effect for supposedly to assist with that kind of reason.

It is more that they that they are not wanting to staff it and deal with an operational cost that does not provide much income, so they can take their time on this very long project that turned into a longer one. A mix of Tron and Parking Trams.
I do not observe the same guests as you do. I observe guests waiting an hour for popcorn and then *itching about it on Facebook. And I do not think a 30 min cycle is hyperbolic. Trains normally come every 5 to 10 min. Stretching that to 30 (or even 25, which is the minimum; the trip alone is about 10 min each way).

Also, why wouldn’t they stop in Frontierland? People would be very confused and angry if not allowed off.

This simply doesn’t work in 2021.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This I can buy. However, the WDW of today has no concept of what Good Show is anymore.

If memory serves me, didn't they run shuttle mode for a bit some time ago?
Indeed. That was confirmed here...

Insiders have said there's an issue with sightlines going the opposite way which previous Disney was willing to risk, but current Disney isn't.

celluloid

I do not observe the same guests as you do. I observe guests waiting an hour for popcorn and then *itching about it on Facebook. And I do not think a 30 min cycle is hyperbolic. Trains normally come every 5 to 10 min. Stretching that to 30 (or even 25, which is the minimum; the trip alone is about 10 min each way).

Also, why wouldn’t they stop in Frontierland? People would be very confused and angry if not allowed off.

This simply doesn’t work in 2021.

If you want to play the insult guests or clueless guests that is your choice. Yes, there are some that will wait rather than realizing they could have walked a shorter distance in a shorter amount of time. The majority/enough will decide for themselves it is reasonable or not. One large train could handle it, it would actually ease up operation on other accessible attractions as another offering in the park. The train's appeal lowers when it is not known to be in full operation and is something that eats people even with one train operation.

You act like Disney has always run each train.

Disney has shown they don't care about the guest wait times being not as efficient.

ToTBellHop

If you want to play the insult guests or clueless guests that is your choice. Yes, there are some that will wait rather than realizing they could have walked a shorter distance in a shorter amount of time. The majority/enough will decide for themselves it is reasonable or not. One large train could handle it, it would actually ease up operation on other accessible attractions as another offering in the park. The train's appeal lowers when it is not known to be in full operation and is something that eats people even with one train operation.

You act like Disney has always run each train.

Disney has shown they don't care about the guest wait times being not as efficient.
I’m done with this nonsense. I think they made the right call here.

They just need to hurry up and finish the outside of TRON.

celluloid

I’m done with this nonsense. I think they made the right call here.

They just need to hurry up and finish the outside of TRON.

That is fine. Whether you think they made the right call or not, it would seem that the line to the hub for the train would seem Hyperbolic, at least once people realize the line is for the shuttling train. But maybe you have more access to that insight of operations than I I currently do.

Either way, calling a conversation with someone "nonsense" is not the best tact.

I think anyone would agree with your second point, and clear that they have not cared about rushing that either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom