News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

jpinkc

At Disney speed GotG will be fall or winter 22 and Tron will be 23. They have no will or desire to get things done. This has been there MO when building anything. It will take 3 times what Disney promises. Look at building Avatar and SWL. Those were whole lands and each was way behind schedule.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Guardians is supposed to open first? If that is true then Guardians will open before spring 2022?

See here from @Magic Feather -

Guardians is first half of 2022. TRON is second half. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see those dates hit around Memorial Day and October 1st, but that part is merely conjecture.

If Disney had attached a season to it, they would have likely said summer. Perhaps they are holding off to see if they can change that month to be spring.

Disney Analyst

So they are basically swapping Tron and GotG? I guess the net impact is nil and I can understand triaging Epcot ahead of MK. It desperately needs it.

It also reveals to us just how willing Disney is to hold back finished rides. Yuck.

I am wondering if GotG is hitting the same timeline, late 2022, and Tron is pushed back to 2023? I think Tron was impacted more by the shutdown then GotG.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What's the closest time that Disney has opened two rides (not including rides intended to be together as part of a new themed land)? Originally, I would have said at least 6 months between Tron and GotG, but then again, didn't MMRR and Rise open like 3 months apart?

ToTBellHop

What's the closest time that Disney has opened two rides (not including rides intended to be together as part of a new themed land)? Originally, I would have said at least 6 months between Tron and GotG, but then again, didn't MMRR and Rise open like 3 months apart?
They did. I think they will want TRON during some part of the 50th and they need Wonders of Xandar (WoX?) ASAP. So the issue is being forced.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

They did. I think they will want TRON during some part of the 50th and they need Wonders of Xandar (WoX?) ASAP. So the issue is being forced.
I agree that they could be pushing to get SOMETHING open up there. I hated all the construction walls in EPCOT over Spring Break. It felt depressing and oddly crowded since in some areas you walked quite a bit before you could see anything OTHER than walls. Probably not good for the guest feedback during the 50th and with TWDC anticipating/hoping for larger crowds and pricing out a larger segment of the population (or at least people having to decide to take fewer trips because of budgets), they'd better be sure they provide something ppl WANT to come back to. Had this last trip been our first to EPCOT, I would have absolutely no desire to come back any time soon.

ToTBellHop

I agree that they could be pushing to get SOMETHING open up there. I hated all the construction walls in EPCOT over Spring Break. It felt depressing and oddly crowded since in some areas you walked quite a bit before you could see anything OTHER than walls. Probably not good for the guest feedback during the 50th and with TWDC anticipating/hoping for larger crowds and pricing out a larger segment of the population (or at least people having to decide to take fewer trips because of budgets), they'd better be sure they provide something ppl WANT to come back to. Had this last trip been our first to EPCOT, I would have absolutely no desire to come back any time soon.
They will also want the ride to sell Genie+ there, I’m sure. MK sells itself.

JoeCamel

I think the US build screwed up. If you look to China you can see the netting was green, here blue
Must be the reason for the delay......

EricsBiscuit

From yesterday. Threw one in of the castle for fun!
B39A5A4C-FACF-4164-A0B0-D33DBF69A215.jpeg
174169A9-A6C4-4C39-9F72-D07E506E50D3.jpeg
C2130FF8-B861-4E38-AAC1-C1EF29EE1ED8.jpeg
31577081-E328-4213-8538-F83DD0853A52.jpeg
651AE36A-8E8A-401A-BE23-83B9A1D37542.jpeg

Giss Neric

How can the new ride which is supposedly one of the longest indoor rollercoaster open before a ride that is a clone of an existing ride and it's not even a long coaster. This is now very obvious that they are not really a priority cause these rides are not even dark rides with complicated ride systems. They are just well themed rollercoasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom