News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Animaniac93-98

Is there some reason why they can't/won't simply theme the Tron showbuilding all around?

$$$

Not just in terms of materials, but coming up with a new design.

Remember, Tron is not a franchise Disney cares about. The ONLY reason MK is getting it is that it's already designed and tested thanks to SDL. Just plopping the Shanghai ride into the park with almost no changes makes it the easiest/cheapest E-ticket MK has ever built.

Gone are the days when Disney would alter the design of rides like Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain or Pirates to better fit one park.

Josh Hendy

Is there some reason why they can't/won't simply theme the Tron showbuilding all around? Seems like it would be fairly easy to do some circuitry or even just use the same type of covering as Space Mountain.
I thought Tron Shanghai is just a coaster wrapped in a stretchy, kevlar tent or shell like they use on bandstands and expo type show buildings and Olympic venues. I wouldn't have thought adding more tent would be a big issue.

Will be interesting to compare Epcot and MK internal and external sightlines after the completion of GotG and Tron respectively.

lazyboy97o

$$$

Not just in terms of materials, but coming up with a new design.

Remember, Tron is not a franchise Disney cares about. The ONLY reason MK is getting it is that it's already designed and tested thanks to SDL. Just plopping the Shanghai ride into the park with almost no changes makes it the easiest/cheapest E-ticket MK has ever built.

Gone are the days when Disney would alter the design of rides like Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain or Pirates to better fit one park.
And the part it makes easier accounts for at most the first 25% of the design process.

I thought Tron Shanghai is just a coaster wrapped in a stretchy, kevlar tent or shell like they use on bandstands and expo type show buildings and Olympic venues. I wouldn't have thought adding more tent would be a big issue.

Will be interesting to compare Epcot and MK internal and external sightlines after the completion of GotG and Tron respectively.
The canopy is only at the front and is very expensive. It is not a tensile fabric structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom