News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

FullSailDan

Following the “immersive” style of Rise of the Resistance, the Tomorrowland Speedway will be transformed into the “Rental Car of the Future Experience Presented by Enterprise.” To accommodate this attraction, the current queue structure will be turned into a personalized pre-show, where parties will work one on one with an hourly cast member pretending to be a “Rental Representative” to determine the ride experience right for their family. Throughout this 10 minute pre-show experience, guests will have the option to experience upcharges to prevent them from liabilities and enhance their ride. After this experience, guests will be given a small card detailing the location of their car and an RFID-enabled “key” to start the vehicle. Guests will then be sent out into a large parking lot that overtook most of the former track to find the only car that works with their key (finding you car is half the fun, as 80% of the cars are props). Once you found your car, wind through the parking lot without hitting your fellow guests until you reach the poorly marked exit, where another 5 minute interaction with a cast member will occur as you wait to take to the road. Once you finally exit, follow a gentle curve out to a left turn through oncoming traffic (prop cars) occurs. A viable window to turn only appears every minute, often causing backups. Once you make it through the harrowing turn, be greeted by aggravated cast members asking you not to back up over the spikes and pull into their lane. After one more 3 minute interaction, guests’ experience have concluded, as they weave their way back towards the entrance, where they are greeted by a survey representative for a “brief” 15 minute survey.
This is officially Walt Disney World’s longest attraction clocking in at over 1 hr. Here is a leaked Layout courtesy of our friend @marni1971 :
You missed out on key features of the attraction:
  • A guaranteed "pickup" time (fastpass) with a potential window of 8am and 5:30pm, but only opens for 5 minutes, and they wont text or call you, so you'll just have to guess when it's ready.
  • The art of haggling over rates that should be standardized from your travel package but mysteriously arent, and dont show up in your reservation.
  • Learning all about car types such as the Honda Fit being a luxury sedan, jeeps are convertibles, and Kia Sols are full-size SUVs.
  • Imagineers have cooked up some really amazing cars that magically dent all by themselves as soon as you drive off.
  • And dont forget "Reward" points that are completely useless and attached to a number you'll never remember and cant lookup!

gorillaball

For someone knowledgeable on the timeline or that followed along Shanghai’s construction, roughly what season should we start to see the canopy getting constructed?

tirian

For someone knowledgeable on the timeline or that followed along Shanghai’s construction, roughly what season should we start to see the canopy getting constructed?
If you believe the last episode of “Imagineering” on Disney+, it’ll go up four months before opening because the Chinese don’t know how to run a marathon, but they know how to sprint. And that’s not racist at all.

I also love how the show sidesteps the park’s constructions issues by blaming the culture’s sense of time instead of having to rebuild some of the structures. Someone thought a stereotype about Communist China would be a safer narrative decision! :D

ToTBellHop

If you believe the last episode of “Imagineering” on Disney+, it’ll go up four months before opening because the Chinese don’t know how to run a marathon, but they know how to sprint. And that’s not racist at all.

I also love how the show sidesteps the park’s constructions issues by blaming the culture’s sense of time instead of having to rebuild some of the structures. Someone thought a stereotype about Communist China would be a safer narrative decision! :D
Thankfully the Chinese don’t want rides anyway. A topiary is just as good.

ThatMouse

Good synergy of Enterprise with resort parking fees. And living within driving distance I will never need a rental car, but will always have to pay those parking fees.

justintheharris

I know I have asked at least five times and probably got an answer five times but I keep forgetting: Will Tron Lightcycle Run operate in the rain or adverse weather?

Sorry I keep forgetting. And if it doesn't operate in rain, I would be incredibly disappointed given that more attractions in Magic Kingdom go down for rain than attractions that go down for rain in the other three parks combined. In Epcot, only Test Track. In Hollywood Studios, Slinky and Swirling Saucers. In Animal Kingdom, Everest and Triceratops Spin and Safari. In Magic Kingdom, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Dumbo, Magic Carpets, Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Speedway. Magic Kingdom really needs another big indoor ride.

ToTBellHop

Does it? I though it was open for rain but closed for lightning. I wasn't certain though.
Well I’ve been on tea cups...I assume it’s the same. Stupidly, I’ve seen A S S close during downpours because the roof isn’t large enough to keep water out. Who are these fools? It takes them three years to build a toilet. Surely they experience at least one summer downpour and are like, “poop. Forgot we left California!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom