News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I do love the look of this Tomorrowland. It reminds me of places you'd see in Star Trek or Xandar in Guardians.

It is gorgeous. Look at this shiny Tomorrowland sign! I hope that some of these design elements make it into our Tomorrowland here.

IMG_4745.JPG

The park looks so empty.

It was very empty the days we were there, with most rides being walk-ons most of the day. We were there at a good time I guess.

_caleb

I will be interested to see how the different grading/elevation at MK’s Tomorrowland affects the visibility of the show building. I know @lazyboy97o and others have reminded us that this version of TRON will be identical to the one in Shanghai, but from the construction photos, this one seems to be situated on a bit of a hill. Maybe this, combined with the angular placement of the attraction relative to guest areas, could make the canopy a bit more effective in hiding the unthemed, box-shaped ride building (at least the top of it).

lazyboy97o

I will be interested to see how the different grading/elevation at MK’s Tomorrowland affects the visibility of the show building. I know @lazyboy97o and others have reminded us that this version of TRON will be identical to the one in Shanghai, but from the construction photos, this one seems to be situated on a bit of a hill. Maybe this, combined with the angular placement of the attraction relative to guest areas, could make the canopy a bit more effective in hiding the unthemed, box-shaped ride building (at least the top of it).
It’s not being placed on a hill, but at grade (with an itty bitty basement) adjacent to Space Mountain. In Fantasyland you’ll be closer to its ground level while elevated in Tomorrowland. The Walt Disney World Railroad starts its slow climb up to Main Street Station from Storybook Circus but it is still a little bit lower than most of Tomorrowland.

_caleb

It’s not being placed on a hill, but at grade (with an itty bitty basement) adjacent to Space Mountain. In Fantasyland you’ll be closer to its ground level while elevated in Tomorrowland. The Walt Disney World Railroad starts its slow climb up to Main Street Station from Storybook Circus but it is still a little bit lower than most of Tomorrowland.
Thanks. This is helpful. So the ride box might be somewhat obscured from guest view in Tomorrowland, but definitely not from Fantasyland- a view that will not have the benefit of the canopy. And obviously the view from the Contemporary/Monorail will be “nuthin’ but box.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom