News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

tribbleorlfl

I'm really excited for the Tron coaster, but I was hoping that even if the coaster itself was a clone, they'd remove the outside canopy portion and do a better job with the queue to set the story and theme.

From videos I've seen on Shanghai, there's no real word to digital world transition and no clear story reason why we're hopping on light cycles. The outside portion, while a visual weanie to the attraction, further confuses that point.

Bocabear

I'm really excited for the Tron coaster, but I was hoping that even if the coaster itself was a clone, they'd remove the outside canopy portion and do a better job with the queue to set the story and theme.

From videos I've seen on Shanghai, there's no real word to digital world transition and no clear story reason why we're hopping on light cycles. The outside portion, while a visual weanie to the attraction, further confuses that point.
It would also have been nice to get an expanded version...the current Shanghai version is about 90 seconds long...WAY too short. it will take longer to load than you will even be on the ride...

Jordanaous

Depending on loading it can be 50-odd seconds from launch to final brakes.

And I thought Kali River Rapids felt short.... Obviously knew this would be shorter, but that's 30 seconds shorter than RNRC, and would be the shortest ride on resort, no?

The closest I could find was Barnstormer (which is painfully short) and is still 13 seconds longer than Tron...

Bairstow

Space Mountain, as it currently exists at WDW, is no different. You walk into the building, down the stairs, and before you know it you're on a space station in orbit. This never jived with the peoplemover narration that called it a "spaceport". I think the old context for your riding was that you were delivering things for FedEx, though there's less context now. Nothing wrong with that, really- the whole Space Mountain experience is still pretty cool, even with all the missing pieces from various refurbs.

From what I've seen of Tron, it fits a similar mold; the guest accepts being in a different place as she gets deeper into the queue building.

Last edited:

Bairstow

It would also have been nice to get an expanded version...the current Shanghai version is about 90 seconds long...WAY too short. it will take longer to load than you will even be on the ride...

Not to be negative, but isn't it unlikely that Disney would alter the ride to make it more expensive to build? The fact that they don't have to spend a lot in development costs by cloning an existing project is probably one of the major reasons this was greenlit in the first place.

DznyRktekt

Metallic rocks, Carousel of Progress sign, Tron expansion... blue and cool, stainless steel, white...
Thinking the multicolored lighting of the land may be simplified/upgraded as well as the paint colors of the existing buildings. I'd love to see less doodads like the red Flight of The Navigator pod and stage haphazardly placed, and more futurism with additional trees and water integrated as well.

The_Jobu

Wow... almost 4 years for 1 ride that's a clone? Why bother making an announcement now? We've seen entire lands get built faster......:confused:

Not complaining, so glad some life is getting breathed into the parks, I'm just confused.

I'm guessing it could be completed much faster, but they probably want a "new" e-ticket for the 50th and they dont want to pay for one in the next year or two and then have to pay for another e-ticket to be opened in 2021.

peter11435

Wow... almost 4 years for 1 ride that's a clone? Why bother making an announcement now? We've seen entire lands get built faster......:confused:

Not complaining, so glad some life is getting breathed into the parks, I'm just confused.
Actual construction time will be the standard approximately 2.5-3 years like seen with those entire lands and other major attractions. It will just take a lot of site prep before construction can actually begin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom