• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

azox

I’m going to be disappointed that DL might get a unique version of Tron. MK has the space to have made a longer version of the ride. SHAME
Unique doesn't always mean better. Who knows, maybe they will get a budget version of Tron coaster with out a canopy? Really though if they do get it, I would be shocked to see it differ much from the original since it's so costly do design this stuff.

GlacierGlacier

Minus the building.
Minus the cue.
What do you mean about the building? The gravity building for RnRc was built after the track - and if you're talking about the gravity and launch being far apart from each other - I guess. But the gravity building for Tron and the launch/load&unload are the same building. All built after the track is installed.

Bocabear

So what is the plan for the Speedway once Tron opens?
The old Imagineers would have used this opportunity to switch the cars out for electic cars with futuristic lighting similar to the lightcycles...they would have also routed it through the TRON show building so that even the youngsters not big enough for tron would get a feel for being in the environment...it would also add another kinetic element to the "Players Grid" Show room... but instead it will be a slightly smaller track and a little less interesting...and a 50 year old vehicle system...yay.

DisDan

The old Imagineers would have used this opportunity to switch the cars out for electic cars with futuristic lighting similar to the lightcycles...they would have also routed it through the TRON show building so that even the youngsters not big enough for tron would get a feel for being in the environment...it would also add another kinetic element to the "Players Grid" Show room... but instead it will be a slightly smaller track and a little less interesting...and a 50 year old vehicle system...yay.
I don't know where I got the notion that there would be a re-work of the Speedway after tron, to something like the light cycles to match the theme of Tomorrowland a little better. I guess that just makes so much sense that I assumed it would happen. But you're saying they have no such plan for the Speedway.... bummer.

GlacierGlacier

I don't know where I got the notion that there would be a re-work of the Speedway after tron, to something like the light cycles to match the theme of Tomorrowland a little better. I guess that just makes so much sense that I assumed it would happen. But you're saying they have no such plan for the Speedway.... bummer.
There’s a proposal to overlay the speedway with Tron theming pre fall 2021. But no indoor areas as far as I know.

Edit. Beaten to it by my own rumour!
Tada 🎉

rioriz

[/QUOTE]
It's a comparatively simple build as Disney goes.
It's not housed in a building like RnR or Space Mountain, and it's not going to have all of the effects like Guardians.
Actually, TRON is the guinea pig for Guardians effect wise. Some effects are directly linked to Guardians. See Soarin >> FoP.

Kman101

I’m going to be disappointed that DL might get a unique version of Tron. MK has the space to have made a longer version of the ride. SHAME
Sorry for missing this but where was this talked about? Isn't the point of cloning so they can save on making it unique? I imagine the "unique" talk is DL fans hoping for it to be different but I need to understand the context ...

Incomudro

Actually, TRON is the guinea pig for Guardians effect wise. Some effects are directly linked to Guardians. See Soarin >> FoP.
[/QUOTE]

There are going to be far more effects in Guardians than Tron though.
Guardians has the whole cue, which will have AA's, and the ride building itself will have screens.

GlacierGlacier

Guardians has the whole cue, which will have AA's, and the ride building itself will have screens.
Sorry, I've seen you make this oops a few times. "Cue" refers to the implement used in pool or something used to trigger something else (e.g. "That's my cue"). "Queue" is a line, where the first item in is the first item out. This is what you experience in theme parks (for the most part).

MickeyMario

New imagineers would do this too.
They aren't in charge of these decisions tho

Take Tokyo, where they actually get big budgets for everything, imagineers removed the entire speedway and built a brand new E-ticket dark ride, an enclosed theater and a whole new mini land.

So they obviously have amazing plans, they're just not being approved in the american parks

Last edited:

Flynnwriter

Everyone relax. Tron is an amazing ride and wdw is getting the exact one from Shanghai. The queue is incredible and the art direction is stellar. Will is ruin space mountain’s iconic presence on the horizon? big time, but with space mountain’s ancient tracks, it will be out of commission for at least 18 months.

The bigger question is, how do you justify and polluting, noisy, ugly and dated Autopia and the setting for Tron? That should be what everyone should focus on.

Last edited:

rreading

Premium Member
I get what your saying here but fail to understand how any of this matters when we are talking specifically about ticketed gated parks.

Yes, WDW has many more (paid) options but the value you receive for admission to the parks in Disneyland vs. the the value you receive in WDW isn't even close. To me, them spreading the same attractions across 4 different parks and charging 4 different admissions is a bad thing for consumers.

I mean what? People get to pay more and walk more for the same thing in a state where the cost of doing business is lower?

I agree with you a lot of the time on a lot of things but I agree with the other guy here: There should be way more rides across 4 individually paid ticketed gates than 2 and the fact that it's almost the same says something. I don't see how there is any way of looking at it and saying that particular something is good.

Yes, WDW parks have more shows but do we really want to bring up things like the horribly dated Little Mermaid and B&TB or the Disney/Pixar Animation Festival in Epcot... along with whatever you want to call that thing they just opened across the former Animation Courtyard and talk about them as WDW advantages?

Sorry but it feels like a real stretch, to me.
I assume that you've visited both resorts. To me, I feel that I get more of my money's worth at WDW and, while it's busy, DL has seemed more crowded to me. And we do enjoy the other offerings at WDW. Were we in it for just thrill rides, we would go to Six Flags. The experience of the resort (including things like Impressions de France) is what keeps us coming back to WDW even though we are DVC members of the Grand Californian.

lazyboy97o

New imagineers would do this too.
They aren't in charge of these decisions tho

Take Tokyo, where they actually get big budgets for everything, imagineers removed the entire speedway and built a brand new E-ticket dark ride, an enclosed theater and a whole new mini land.

So they obviously have amazing plans, they're just not being approved in the american parks
Walt Disney Imagineering gets big budgets for the domestic parks. The amount of money made available is not a limiting factor.

GlacierGlacier

... The cue is incredible ...
🙃
Sorry, I've seen you make this oops a few times. "Cue" refers to the implement used in pool or something used to trigger something else (e.g. "That's my cue"). "Queue" is a line, where the first item in is the first item out. This is what you experience in theme parks (for the most part).

Top Bottom