Trip Report Trip Report

Day One...

The night was sultry. Bags were packed. Gas tank was full. Wife was asleep. I sipped on an ice cold seltzer while pondering how @lostpro9het would judge me for not drinking a donut chocolate stout, but moreso I pondered an appropriate time to leave in the morning and head to Orlando.

Several hours later we were on the road.

Screenshot_20210324-150447.png

Pit stop in Gainesville at Maple Street Biscuit.

Screenshot_20210324-150529.png

We left Maple Street and we're getting quite amped up to be arriving at WDW soon and C decided to crank some tunes. @Zipitidoda aptly pointed out our music choice in my PTR. We'll done, ma'am.

Screenshot_20210324-151025.png

Fun fact. C got a little too "turnt" and turned the radio up quickly and the speakers in the truck sounded as if they had blown. It's a new truck and warranty would cover it so we weren't worried but it still sucked. Kid N Play is our jam. Either way, we were in good spirits because shortly after, this was the view.

Screenshot_20210324-150912.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipadeelady

What the heck is a zoomie??

I don't think it makes you seem like a not-so-nice person...who ISN'T annoyed by someone calling them Sugar, or like..."baby" or something that should be reserved for parents talking to their young children or something? Terms of endearment are fine within families, but outside of that, it comes across as condescending.

My pet peeve is people saying Disneyland when they mean Disneyworld....or vice versa.
@PacNWTigger is exactly right on Zoomies.....who came up with this definition?

And yes Baby is right in there with Hon, Sugar, Sweetie. Drives me nuts, especially when its a 20 year old at a fast food restaurant or gas station.

I was at a Dairy Queen drive through and after reading me back my order I was called Hon and was given my total. I said "my name is Teresa not Hon" he stammered a reply then when I went to pay at the window there was a girl there. Never saw the culprit. I think he was a bit embarrassed. That is usually my response when being called something. Either that or I come back with "Thank you so much sweetness" or something absurd. I do need to state that I'm never rude just a bit dramatic. :)

And @MickeyCB right on with Kiddos

Last edited:

BwlrBry212

It's not specifically a Disney related pet peeve, but I work at Home Depot and we are required to have our names on our aprons. I can't stand it when people insist on using my name to talk to me because 9 times out of 10 they are trying to get something for nothing or to get me to do something I can't do for them. Like "Bryan, there is a small dent in this can of paint. Can you discount that for me?"

I also agree with all of the other pet peeves mentioned so far.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day One ctd....

Before I continue I'd like to thank everyone for sharing their pet peeves. Keep em coming as they pop into your minds. I'll be sharing a few others as this report progresses. And for anybody lurking, feel free to chime in. Don't be shy!

Dinner reservations were at The Edison.
I'll start by saying it was GREAT! We started off with the crowd favorite, Hanging Bacon.

Screenshot_20210326-140905.png

This was EXCELLENT! A very interesting twist from normal bacon. The jelly dip it comes with it was a surprising flavor that we both liked.

For drinks, I ordered the Patented Old Fashion (I think). And C ordered the Strawberry Fields Forever. Both were awesome and VERY strong.

Screenshot_20210326-140940.png

We also ordered the spinach dip. Very good.

C ordered their specialty grilled cheese and soup and I got the Edison Burger. I already posted pics of them in the PTR but here's a slightly better pic of the grilled cheese, which we would definitely order again.

Screenshot_20210326-141034.png

Pardon the crappy pictures. My phone was damaged. But C got plenty of pics after day one with her phone, so don't worry, it will get better. And also pics you didn't see in the live report.

I ordered the Tesla for round two. Even stronger than the first drink. And a side of mayo.

Screenshot_20210326-141438.png

We got the chocolate cake for dessert. Had a few bites and saved the rest for the room later. It was very good.

Screenshot_20210326-141457.png

The Edison was great for us. The service was outstanding. Food and drinks were great. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the girl playing piano and taking requests put on a great show. We can't wait to go back. And we will, since we just planned our next trip! Details on that soon. @Darstarr , you hush!!

Songbird76

@PacNWTigger is exactly right on Zoomies.....who came up with this definition?

And yes Baby is right in there with Hon, Sugar, Sweetie. Drives me nuts, especially when its a 20 year old at a fast food restaurant or gas station.

I was at a Dairy Queen drive through and after reading me back my order I was called Hon and was given my total. I said "my name is Teresa not Hon" he stammered a reply then when I went to pay at the window there was a girl there. Never saw the culprit. I think he was a bit embarrassed. That is usually my response when being called something. Either that or I come back with "Thank you so much sweetness" or something absurd. I do need to state that I'm never rude just a bit dramatic. :)

And @MickeyCB right on with Kiddos
My husband and I call each other "sweetie" sometimes, but if someone outside of the family tried that, I'd think they were being condescending. My ex and I used to use terms of endearment and it drove my mother nuts. She told me that I needed to tell him to stop. I told her that was between him and myself and she didn't get a vote. I think it's really up to the people in the relationship. But calling someone you don't know "Hon" or "Babe" or whatever is completely inappropriate.

I don't mind "kiddos". But I wouldn't ask someone, for example, if they have kiddos. I'd ask if they have kids, or children.

Songbird76

Day One ctd....

Before I continue I'd like to thank everyone for sharing their pet peeves. Keep em coming as they pop into your minds. I'll be sharing a few others as this report progresses. And for anybody lurking, feel free to chime in. Don't be shy!

I'll start by saying it was GREAT! We started off with the crowd favorite, Hanging Bacon.

View attachment 542596

This was EXCELLENT! A very interesting twist from normal bacon. The jelly dip it comes with it was a surprising flavor that we both liked.

For drinks, I ordered the Patented Old Fashion (I think). And C ordered the Strawberry Fields Forever. Both were awesome and VERY strong.

View attachment 542597

C ordered their specialty grilled cheese and soup and I got the Edison Burger. I already posted pics of them in the PTR but here's a slightly better pic of the grilled cheese, which we would definitely order again.

View attachment 542598

Pardon the crappy pictures. My phone was damaged. But C got plenty of pics after day one with her phone, so don't worry, it will get better. And also pics you didn't see in the live report.

I ordered the Tesla for round two. Even stronger than the first drink. And a side of mayo.

View attachment 542599

We got the chocolate cake for dessert. Had a few bites and saved the rest for the room later. It was very good.

View attachment 542600

The Edison was great for us. The service was outstanding. Food and drinks were great. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the girl playing piano and taking requests put on a great show. We can't wait to go back. And we will, since we just planned our next trip! Details on that soon. @Darstarr , you hush!!
Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but...you ordered mayo...to go with your drinks??? Um.....why?

BrerWayne

Day One ctd....

View attachment 542596

View attachment 542597

View attachment 542598

View attachment 542599

View attachment 542600

My pet peeve is when someone sends me a text saying K instead of OK. Is the O really that much of a labor to type? I mean you just sent me a 50 word text but now typing O is too much to ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom