Trip Report: Tokyo Disneyland Resort & Tour of Parts of Japan 2024

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
  • I'm a bit surprised that the Imagineers designing various attractions at Tokyo Disneyland parks are not concerned about hiding or camouflaging the attraction buildings that could easily be seen from the monorail. Riding the Disney resort line, one can clearly see the back of many of the park buildings plainly exposed, something that they try to hide or camouflage in DL and WDW
Late to the party but have you not seen the new welcome in Orlando to the most attended theme park in the world? The utilitarian backside of the Tron gravity building.

Catching up on your posts now. Similar to our plans in a few years and yes we’re thinking about it already.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

Today is our last full day here in Kyoto. Tomorrow we fly back to Narita and will spend the night at a hotel near the airport before flying back to LAX.

I think I want to visit the Samurai museum today and then take it easy for the rest of the day as I try to pack my luggage. We will be sending one of our luggage ahead to the Hilton near Narita airport. It will save us from extra luggage charges on the budget airline that we will take from Kansai airport and Narita.

Can't believe our 3 1/2-week trip is almost over!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
And oh, I woke up this morning reading news report regarding the opening of Fantasy Springs at Tokyo's Disney Sea. While we did not make it to the new land after it opened, we felt lucky to have had experience the preview on the first day that we were at Disney Sea. We got to ride two of the new rides and got to see the themed land.

I will post more pictures of this after we get back.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Having a samurai experience at the samurai museum
IMG_2988.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_3003.jpeg

ZapperZ

Original Poster
A final good morning from Kyoto.

It's a bit of a rainy day today. Hopefully, it will not affect our flight to Tokyo. We had one of our luggage sent to our next hotel in the Narita airport area where we will be staying overnight tonight.

Several of our friends who were on this trip had already reached home. We have a couple more friends here, all leaving today, but I think we will be the last one to reach home since we also will be spending the night at LAX before flying into O'Hare.

Needless to say, this has been an amazing trip, first trip to Japan for all members of our group. We are already discussing on when we will come back and what we would like to do.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
A wet and foggy morning here in Narita, our last day in Japan. We are going to have bfast and then get ready to check out to the airport. Our flight is late today, so we have plenty of time to explore the airport.
IMG_3062.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom