Trip Report: Tokyo Disneyland Resort & Tour of Parts of Japan 2024

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning.

I am declaring that I have encountered THE WORST HOTEL BED THAT I HAVE EVER SLEPT ON. And no, this is not your traditional Japanese hotel room with the mattress on the tatami mat.

The bed appears to be nothing more than a board with just a thin layer of padding on top. That's it! It was so hard on my back that I even had to sleep on top of the duvet cover just to add another layer of padding. I did not have a good night sleep, my back is sore, and my lower back hurts.

It's a shame because it is such a nice hotel with a wonderful and spacious room. But considering that a hotel room's main purpose is to provide a comfortable place to sleep, it failed miserably with its bed. And I will have to endure this for one more night.

We are going to have a full day of sightseeing today in Hiroshima. Let's see how I survive under lack of sleep.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
On the way to miyajima
IMG_2471.jpeg

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning! And gosh, I'm glad to have spent the final night on this darn bed! I chatted with everyone in our tour group and none of them had anything nice to say about the bed in this hotel.

We leave Hiroshima today for our final city on the tour, which will be Kyoto. Yesterday, the visit to the "bomb dome" and the Hiroshima peace museum was both powerful and gut-wrenching emotionally. Back in 2022, we went to Hawaii and visited Pearl Harbor, which signaled the start of the US involvement in WW2. Now we were at Hiroshima, which marked the ending of the US war with Japan in WW2. In both cases, a lot of real human lives were lost. The images that I saw in the museum cannot be unseen. There were noticeable sobs among the visitors yesterday.

Zz.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning! And gosh, I'm glad to have spent the final night on this darn bed! I chatted with everyone in our tour group and none of them had anything nice to say about the bed in this hotel.

We leave Hiroshima today for our final city on the tour, which will be Kyoto. Yesterday, the visit to the "bomb dome" and the Hiroshima peace museum was both powerful and gut-wrenching emotionally. Back in 2022, we went to Hawaii and visited Pearl Harbor, which signaled the start of the US involvement in WW2. Now we were at Hiroshima, which marked the ending of the US war with Japan in WW2. In both cases, a lot of real human lives were lost. The images that I saw in the museum cannot be unseen. There were noticeable sobs among the visitors yesterday.

Zz.
I can only imagine how intense the visit to the Peace Museum must have been. On a lighter note, I've always heard that Kyoto is supposed to be a beautiful area. And it's rich in culture, with temples and shrines. Would be interesting if you got to see a display of samurai, and the history behind it. (When I was a kid in elementary school, I read a book about the samurai sword, and was intrigued.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom