Trip Report: Tokyo Disneyland Resort & Tour of Parts of Japan 2024

ZapperZ

Original Poster
These are the on-ride videos of Nemo & Friends SeaRider at Tokyo DisneySea. Think of it as Star Tours but underwater.

We rode this twice, and was surprised to discover that there is more than one version of the second half of the show, so I'm uploading both versions here. The first version has the pre-show where they showed what I called the "Honey, I shrunk the submarine" technology. You are basically in a sub that looks like a fish, which has been shrunk, so that you can mingle with Nemo and his friends in the sea.

Enjoy!

Version 1, with pre-show.

Version 2. This version is a bit "darker" than the previous version.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
We were there, of course, when they released the merch for Donald's 90's bday. While we were a the Disney Store in Shibuya, I found this chart of the Duck family tree. I asked if they had a poster of this for sale, but they didn't. I took a snapshot of it instead, so here it is for future reference. I haven't heard of at least 3/4 of the names on Donald's family tree.

I've cropped the image, but kept the original resolution so that you can zoom in without much loss of the writing.

IMG_2035.JPG

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
The most prominent part of Tokyo DisneySea is the volcano situated in the Mysterious Island land. But it isn't just a volcano. The caldera inside the volcano has attractions and is themed to the hilt! Here are a few pics of the volcano and the caldera area.

1.JPG

In the caldera, it was hopping. The 20,000 Leagues under the Sea theming was carried out everywhere.
2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

And of course, what do active volcanoes do? They occasionally erupt!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
And now for a bit of relaxing sightseeing, this is part of the view from the Electric Railway train at Tokyo DisneySea. It operates between American Waterfront land and Port Discovery land. We rode this several times because it was a convenient way to get from one side of the park to the other.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
One of my most favorite attraction in all of WDW is the Tower of Terror at Studios. Of course, I want to see how they adapt such an attraction at other parks. The one at DCA has been transformed into a fun ride, significantly better than the ToT poor cousin when it first opened.

The version at Tokyo DisneySea is also different in story line, since presumably they are not familiar with the Twilight Zone TV series (not many people do anymore nowadays). And just like the one at DCA, recording the actual ride was prohibited, so I will only show the pre-ride show.

The building is quite impressive and it is the most prominent feature, next to the ship, at the American Waterfront land.
IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

And this is the pre-ride show:

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Entering Tokyo DisneySea.

The one thing I've always found unusual about this is that all the other Disney theme parks that I've entered in the US, you go straight ahead after entry. You usually walk through the main thorough fare before you turn or branch out into the various lands. For DisneySea, at the globe, you have to make a right turn to get to the main part of the park, which is the Mediterranean Harbor.

Still, it is a spectacular entrance.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
This is a video of the queue line, pre-ride show, and safety briefing for Soarin' at Tokyo DisneySea. It definitely has a different vibe than the one in DCA and Epcot.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
OK, this one puzzled me.

This is Snow White Adventure at Tokyo Disneyland. I expected it to be similar to the one we have at the Magic Kingdom, but it isn't. It has a rather puzzling ending to the ride. In fact, it seems as if it ended abruptly and left the story at a cliffhanger.

See if you agree. Here is our ride video.

Zz.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, this one puzzled me.

This is Snow White Adventure at Tokyo Disneyland. I expected it to be similar to the one we have at the Magic Kingdom, but it isn't. It has a rather puzzling ending to the ride. In fact, it seems as if it ended abruptly and left the story at a cliffhanger.

See if you agree. Here is our ride video.

Zz.

Seems like a cute attraction, and I liked your video.

With regard to the ending, I can't even recall the ending to the one in WDW MK, as it was closed many years ago. Hence, I don't have much of a (storyline) frame of reference to compare with the Tokyo version -- (although the Tokyo version didn't really seem to have a clear "ending" from my perspective).

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Seems like a cute attraction, and I liked your video.

With regard to the ending, I can't even recall the ending to the one in WDW MK, as it was closed many years ago. Hence, I don't have much of a (storyline) frame of reference to compare with the Tokyo version -- (although the Tokyo version didn't really seem to have a clear "ending" from my perspective).

I remember that the one at MK had the storyline all the way to the happy ending, meaning Prince Charming revived Snow White from her sleep and they live happily ever after. This one just ended suddenly without any kind of ending.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Walking through Cinderella Castle at Tokyo Disneyland. Don't be fooled by the sparse crowd. This was recorded first thing in the morning before they opened the gates for general admission.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Heading back to Tokyo DisneySea, this is a leisurely boat ride through most parts of the theme park on the DisneySea Transit Steamer. It starts and ends at the American Waterfront land.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom