Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

Zipadeelady

A close friend of over four decades unexpectedly passed last week. Her generous heart just stopped beating.

My heart is so very sad.

My sweet, thoughtful daughter sent me flowers and invited me over for dinner. For dessert she'd prepared Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, knowing how much I'd enjoyed it on our recent trip to Pigeon Forge.

It was incredible!

View attachment 690973

She kindly served a smaller portion than what we'd had at the restaurant. ;)

View attachment 690972
So sorry to hear about your dear friend Tu.

k8einwdw

A close friend of over four decades unexpectedly passed last week. Her generous heart just stopped beating.

My heart is so very sad.

My sweet, thoughtful daughter sent me flowers and invited me over for dinner. For dessert she'd prepared Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, knowing how much I'd enjoyed it on our recent trip to Pigeon Forge.

It was incredible!

View attachment 690973

View attachment 690972
I am so very sorry for your loss. Em’s thoughtful gesture shows that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. 💗

rshell68

My heart is so very sad.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your dear friend's family. I think unexpected passings are sometimes the hardest.

Not that sons are great but aren't daughters the best! They usually know just what mamas need!! WTG @TrolleyFollower91

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So sorry for your loss. Glad that Em is taking good care of you.

So sorry to hear about your dear friend Tu.

Sending my condolences and best wishes too 🙏

I am so very sorry for your loss. Em’s thoughtful gesture shows that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. 💗

So sorry to read about your friend @Tuvalu.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your dear friend's family. I think unexpected passings are sometimes the hardest.

Not that sons are great but aren't daughters the best! They usually know just what mamas need!! WTG @TrolleyFollower91
Thank You So Much GIF by Cindy Suen

Songbird76

My heart is so very sad.

It was incredible!

View attachment 690973

View attachment 690972
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's so tough! Especially right around the holidays. Sending you gentle hugs

Songbird76

All the new announcements have been nice but I really would like them to open up sales for Annual Passes!!
Yeah, it's odd they haven't done that! I was hoping they'd get rid of park reservations, or maybe move up the time that you can park hop. And I'm hoping they open the rest of the GF restaurants like 1900 Park fare. That's one of our faves. We love the strawberry soup and the character interactions with the stepsisters.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
All the new announcements have been nice but I really would like them to open up sales for Annual Passes!!

eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

The timing with what we had planned for travel in 2023 didn't work financially when our renewal came up in August of 2022 so we didn't renew. But if sales would open up around March/April it would work out well for the rest of 2023/2024.

Zipadeelady

eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

The timing with what we had planned for travel in 2023 didn't work financially when our renewal came up in August of 2022 so we didn't renew. But if sales would open up around March/April it would work out well for the rest of 2023/2024.
C is a teacher in Orlando. She can only get the Pixie Pass which is totally useless for teachers. It's only Monday thru Friday. By the time C gets done with classes and the extracurricular that she does there is no way she wants to go to the parks. She's has been hoping the Pirate pass will be available soon. If not she may do the Pixie pass just for the summer.

Zipadeelady

Yeah, it's odd they haven't done that! I was hoping they'd get rid of park reservations, or maybe move up the time that you can park hop. And I'm hoping they open the rest of the GF restaurants like 1900 Park fare. That's one of our faves. We love the strawberry soup and the character interactions with the stepsisters.
We've done 1900 Park fare when the kids were younger. The stepsisters were a hoot!

k8einwdw

So I read that Harmonious will end April 2nd and the taco barges will be removed! Epcot Forever will replace it as an interim show until they have a new one.
Let’s just hope the new show doesn’t utilize the taco barges! 🤞🏼I’m nervous that they spent so much money on them that they’ll want to continue to use them. 😬
Yes to 1900 Park Fare! And the Garden View Tea Room!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

My heart is so very sad.

It was incredible!

View attachment 690973

View attachment 690972
I'm so sorry for your loss. As I also have some 40-year friendships, I can imagine the pain you must be feeling. Glad Em knows how to assuage it.

My BFF of 40+ years lost her mom this week. During our teens, we spent so.much time in each others houses that I called all.my friends aunts "aunt" and occasionally her mother was "mom". My friend and I got married in the same year and were each others maids of honor (I suppose I was her matron, as I was married first!) and tonight at the wake, her wonderful husband embraced me and said that he should be offering me condolences as I'd known the great lady for longer than he had. What a great guy!

Funeral and burial are.tomorrow. I suppose you've already completed that part.for your friend. I have always taken great comfort in the saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) that no one is truly gone as long as there are those who remember them. I know you will remember your friend well. ❤

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm so sorry for your loss. As I also have some 40-year friendships, I can imagine the pain you must be feeling. Glad Em knows how to assuage it.

My BFF of 40+ years lost her mom this week. During our teens, we spent so.much time in each others houses that I called all.my friends aunts "aunt" and occasionally her mother was "mom". My friend and I got married in the same year and were each others maids of honor (I suppose I was her matron, as I was married first!) and tonight at the wake, her wonderful husband embraced me and said that he should be offering me condolences as I'd known the great lady for longer than he had. What a great guy!

Funeral and burial are.tomorrow. I suppose you've already completed that part.for your friend. I have always taken great comfort in the saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) that no one is truly gone as long as there are those who remember them. I know you will remember your friend well. ❤
Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your second “mom.”

My friend made this framed cross-stitch as a gift for her bridal attendants. It has hung in all six houses where I’ve resided.

83E72AFA-FC19-40EF-A374-A09B991FA2F9.jpeg

The card attached to the flowers Em sent:

D4B58E6C-FAD3-48CC-9533-B9838BBC256F.jpeg

Truer words. 💕

cgersic

Sitting here with Covid and weeping for lost friends @Tuvalu and @Tiggerish. I’m sure they miss you too and are so happy that you keep them alive in the world. This is my first time having Covid and it’s making me extra sad about everything. Is that normal? I can tell you what makes me happy though was hearing about those stupid tacos getting removed! I miss looking across the lagoon!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sitting here with Covid and weeping for lost friends @Tuvalu and @Tiggerish. I’m sure they miss you too and are so happy that you keep them alive in the world. This is my first time having Covid and it’s making me extra sad about everything. Is that normal? I can tell you what makes me happy though was hearing about those stupid tacos getting removed! I miss looking across the lake!
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Get well soon, Camille!

Songbird76

Let’s just hope the new show doesn’t utilize the taco barges! 🤞🏼I’m nervous that they spent so much money on them that they’ll want to continue to use them. 😬

Yes to 1900 Park Fare! And the Garden View Tea Room!
The Disney Food Blog said they were removing the taco barges and that they will use Epcot Forever starting April 3rd until they have a new show. So at least they'll be gone for the foreseeable future.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sitting here with Covid and weeping for lost friends @Tuvalu and @Tiggerish. I’m sure they miss you too and are so happy that you keep them alive in the world. This is my first time having Covid and it’s making me extra sad about everything. Is that normal? I can tell you what makes me happy though was hearing about those stupid tacos getting removed! I miss looking across the lagoon!

Sorry you have Covid, I hope it is mild for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom