Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

Loco_driver

Almost, he cant sing but he has found himself a college team to root for. There aren't any in NY. None. Think about it. NO NY college teams. How does that even happen. Isnt NY suppose to be one of the biggest sports markets? NY doesnt even have a NFL team really. (Except Buffalo which does not count because thats like Canada practically) Giants and Jets both play in NJ so…..yeah, the Volunteers it is. But orange is not in my color wheel😂
sandra bullock dont lie GIF

Ok ok, I look really good in orange…
There’s Syracuse. Kinda far too, but they wear orange!

Songbird76

Yes and yes. They play whatever but lax is their number one.
And wow, setting fire to cars. People around here are “breaking” into cars. That is, they try the doors and if they open they go in looking for $ etc. Small stuff, but mostly just cash. My next door neighbors NEVER lock their cars (or house) and their cars kept getting rummaged through. My middle boy, AJ, was outraged. Long story but I figured out it was happening on Thursdays so he camped out in our driveway in his army camo with his airsoft rifle up against the back of the truck and his pistol on his hip. Well, he caught the guy as he was attempting to break into my car. The dude thought the guns were real and almost 💩 himself. Our street has not had any problems since😎
Wow, that's funny! GO, AJ!!
Yeah, I don't know if it's the same group doing the cars, but there's a group of teens who have been terrorizing the neighborhood for the last 2 years or so. They've set numerous fires in the neighborhood, but those were mostly to bushes and things around the elementary school about a block from my house. But they've broken windows out of the elementary school, they've knocked over trash bins in the area, they've set fires in trash cans, set off firework bombs....so it's definitely the KIND of thing they would do. When I was looking up news articles about it, I found that people have petitioned the city to do something about it, and they sent a letter to all the parents of the kids involved, but I don't know what the letter said, and some people carry baseball bats around with them to protect themselves in case they come into contact with this group. I saw some of the older kids in the group drag racing around the grocery store, where there are tons of pedestrians. They are lucky they didn't kill someone. They must stop just short of actually hurting anyone, because as far as I know, no one has been arrested, despite police knowing exactly who they are. I think half of them should be in juvie. Some of them are only 15 or so and have been at this stuff for a couple of years already. I can't even understand why their parents would even allow them out of the house at this point, because they MUST know their kids can't be trusted without supervision. How are they still out pulling this junk??

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Wow, that's funny! GO, AJ!!
Yeah, I don't know if it's the same group doing the cars, but there's a group of teens who have been terrorizing the neighborhood for the last 2 years or so. They've set numerous fires in the neighborhood, but those were mostly to bushes and things around the elementary school about a block from my house. But they've broken windows out of the elementary school, they've knocked over trash bins in the area, they've set fires in trash cans, set off firework bombs....so it's definitely the KIND of thing they would do. When I was looking up news articles about it, I found that people have petitioned the city to do something about it, and they sent a letter to all the parents of the kids involved, but I don't know what the letter said, and some people carry baseball bats around with them to protect themselves in case they come into contact with this group. I saw some of the older kids in the group drag racing around the grocery store, where there are tons of pedestrians. They are lucky they didn't kill someone. They must stop just short of actually hurting anyone, because as far as I know, no one has been arrested, despite police knowing exactly who they are. I think half of them should be in juvie. Some of them are only 15 or so and have been at this stuff for a couple of years already. I can't even understand why their parents would even allow them out of the house at this point, because they MUST know their kids can't be trusted without supervision. How are they still out pulling this junk??
Wow. Just wow. Thats all I can say at the moment or risk being banned because of a rant on what the pandemic and its stupid useless rules have done to our kids.

The best: guidelines were sent out about halloween and acceptable costumes to wear to school. The costumes need to adhere to the school dress code and kids can not wear masks because masks interfere with learning.
Wait, what???
I keep waiting for a punchline…

Songbird76

Wow. Just wow. Thats all I can say at the moment or risk being banned because of a rant on what the pandemic and its stupid useless rules have done to our kids.

The best: guidelines were sent out about halloween and acceptable costumes to wear to school. The costumes need to adhere to the school dress code and kids can not wear masks because masks interfere with learning.
Wait, what???
I keep waiting for a punchline…
Halloween isn't really a thing here, but they do wear costumes for Carnival and the rules are just "No weapons, including fake ones." so no plastic swords or pistols or anything...you can dress as a cowboy, but not with guns. You can dress as a pirate, but no sword. But we also don't really have dress codes here. I've seen girls wear short shorts, lots of girls wearing midriff-bearing tops, my daughter has worn sundresses with spaghetti straps. The rule when I was in school was you had to have at least 3 inch wide straps on your shirt, and if you lifted up your arms above your head, your shirt had to still cover your stomach. Shorts and skirts had to come down past your fingertips when you were standing straight up. So a lot of the clothing that's worn here wouldn't be allowed in the US, I'm sure. They are a lot more lax over here in general, both in schools and at home. When my kids were little, I didn't let them go to the playground or anywhere else by themselves....I was always with them when they went somewhere. But most kids in the neighborhood were/still are allowed to go wherever they please. I've seen a little 3 year old girl riding her bike around the neighborhood without supervision. I've seen a baby not even walking yet at the playground in the care of a sibling who couldn't have been more than 5. I didn't even let my kids go to the playground without me at 5! I've seen kids as young as probably 5 or 6 at the grocery store with no parents. And there was a little girl who came over and wanted to play when my kids were probably around 5 and 6, and this girl was 7 or 8 and I asked her if her mom knew where she was and she said "No, I have a phone so my mom can call me when it's dinner time. As long as I answer my phone, I can go wherever I want." And I once asked another mom to take my son with her after school because I had to take my daughter to the dentist. When I got home, I went to pick him up and she had let the boys, 5 and 6, go to the grocery store alone. I went and picked him up and never let him go to their house again because I couldn't trust that he would be supervised. And another mom asked me to take her son with me after school because she had to work, and he ran off ahead of me and wouldn't listen when I called to him. He ran right out into a street without looking. When I told the mom that he had run off and wouldn't follow my rules, she laughed and said yes, he was very independent and so much more advanced than other kids his age. He had gotten up and walked out the door and walked to school by himself the week before without telling anyone he was leaving. She couldn't find him, so she went looking and found him already at the school. She saw this as evidence that he was just so much smarter than other 6 year olds and ready to be independent. Really? I tell you he ran out into a street without looking, and you think he's SMARTER than other 6 year olds because he ran off to school without telling you? Parents are a lot more lenient here. Granted, that woman was an IDIOT and I couldn't stand her, but the general attitude over here is you have to let kids explore and if they get hurt, they'll learn not to do whatever. I always had the mindset that I wanted my kids to explore, and I would explore WITH them, to make sure they did it safely. But I'm in the minority here, and I think that kids here have gotten used to not having supervision and it's kind of backfired on those parents who let their kids run amuck. Now instead of running into streets without looking, they are setting fires to trash cans and bushes, and possibly cars.

rshell68

Almost, he cant sing but he has found himself a college team to root for. There aren't any in NY. None. Think about it. NO NY college teams. How does that even happen. Isnt NY suppose to be one of the biggest sports markets? NY doesnt even have a NFL team really. (Except Buffalo which does not count because thats like Canada practically) Giants and Jets both play in NJ so…..yeah, the Volunteers it is. But orange is not in my color wheel😂
sandra bullock dont lie GIF

Ok ok, I look really good in orange…
First off....LOVE your Chucks!! And Syracuse wasn't doing too bad until they met up with Notre Dame this weekend. Syracuse head coach was my boss at the University I worked at before we moved.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
First off....LOVE your Chucks!! And Syracuse wasn't doing too bad until they met up with Notre Dame this weekend. Syracuse head coach was my boss at the University I worked at before we moved.
Thank you!
Syracuse just isnt on our radar. I guess we are too far away🤷‍♀️

joshsprincess921

I hope to see pictures of everyone else's little ones in their costumes!!
The neighborhood where we trick-or-treat makes it a huge deal. Lots of the houses have huge Halloween displays and everyone dresses up. We always have a lot of fun. We wear matching costumes every year, but I was informed (by him) this year may be the last. :confused: My boy is growing up.
halloween4.jpg
halloween3.jpg
halloween2.jpg

And they are allowed to wear costumes to school, but they can't be scary costumes.
halloween jake.jpg

Last edited:

Songbird76

Little late but a few Halloween pics of Una girl and company.
They had a party on Saturday night then went trick or treating on Monday.
View attachment 676792

View attachment 676794
View attachment 676796
View attachment 676797
Love it!! We got zero trick or treaters here, but Halloween is JUST starting to catch on a bit in the last 10 years, and we've only ever had a handful of trick or treaters if any. E's best friend had a Halloween party and they all dressed up. She made a witch costume, but she'd rather I don't post a picture here, so I won't, but it was cute. We had 2 witches hats here and she decorated them and gave one to a friend, so they both came as witches. She embroidered some leggings, and she had this solar powered mason jar lantern that she decorated. My husband and I had a date night instead of doing Halloween, so we didn't dress up, unless you count me wearing makeup as a costume, since I don't wear makeup except for special occassions. And A stayed up in his room all night, so he didn't dress up either.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Love it!! We got zero trick or treaters here, but Halloween is JUST starting to catch on a bit in the last 10 years, and we've only ever had a handful of trick or treaters if any. E's best friend had a Halloween party and they all dressed up. She made a witch costume, but she'd rather I don't post a picture here, so I won't, but it was cute. We had 2 witches hats here and she decorated them and gave one to a friend, so they both came as witches. She embroidered some leggings, and she had this solar powered mason jar lantern that she decorated. My husband and I had a date night instead of doing Halloween, so we didn't dress up, unless you count me wearing makeup as a costume, since I don't wear makeup except for special occassions. And A stayed up in his room all night, so he didn't dress up either.

I understand that E doesn’t want her picture posted, but if the items are still decorated, I’d love to see pictures of those - I know you and E are crafty from when you posted pictures of ears you did one trip 😊

Songbird76

I understand that E doesn’t want her picture posted, but if the items are still decorated, I’d love to see pictures of those - I know you and E are crafty from when you posted pictures of ears you did one trip 😊
I'm sure she will let me post those. I'll ask when I get home Sunday night. I'm sitting at the airport now waiting for the check in desks to open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom