Transportation over to Universal - Info please!

sweetpee_1993

I'm helping a friend plan a short trip to WDW. She wants to spend 2 days over at Universal so her daughter can go see Harry & Co. but wants to stay on WDW property. They'll be flying in. It would seem that there would be some shuttle service available that would be more reasonable than paying for a rental car plus parking over there. Has anyone found and/or used an shuttle service? I'm looking for companies, cost, scheduling, etc. I'm wondering if booking a town car is more cost effective, too. I wonder if it'd be possible to get an idea of what cab fare would run?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :wave:

corey154

I think even with the cabs being $40, it'd be cheaper than renting a car, b/c you have to add parking cost as well as the rental car. I'm not sure what Universal is a day, but most of the parks are over $10 now. For Lynx I think you'd have to go to Downtown Disney to get on it and then also research the schedule. Although cheaper money wise for Lynx, it's very inconvienent. Just my two cents :)

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Call Universal Studios.

They have their own shuttle service which they offer at some times of year depending on the crowd levels. This is NOT an announced fixed route offering. Call Universal, tell them which resort you are staying at in WDW, and ask them how you can get there. Believe me, they can be VERY accommodating depending on time of year.

Mears is the other option -- they have vans that stop at the resorts if you have made a reservation. It's not worth it -- two people with Mears is the same cost as a cab.

Cab is by far your fastest and easiest option.

Upvote 0

deb4him40

I'm helping a friend plan a short trip to WDW. She wants to spend 2 days over at Universal so her daughter can go see Harry & Co. but wants to stay on WDW property. They'll be flying in. It would seem that there would be some shuttle service available that would be more reasonable than paying for a rental car plus parking over there. Has anyone found and/or used an shuttle service? I'm looking for companies, cost, scheduling, etc. I'm wondering if booking a town car is more cost effective, too. I wonder if it'd be possible to get an idea of what cab fare would run?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :wave:

My cousin and I used the Mears shuttle in Sept. It was $18 round trip per person and they can get you set up with it at the concierge dest of your Disney hotel. The shuttle stop was closer to the entrance than walking from the parking lot too, so I hear. Good luck and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Frightful

Mears is the other option -- they have vans that stop at the resorts if you have made a reservation. It's not worth it -- two people with Mears is the same cost as a cab.

The Mears price is for a round trip, so for two people it's half the price of a cab. They have several pickup time options, I can't recall exactly when though.

Upvote 0
Mears

We did Mears in Sept when we went for a day and it was amazingly good! We talked to our concierge the night before at our hotel and they called Mears and scheduled us a pickup for 8:15 or something like that they give you a voucher for the return trip and then you hop on the bus. They drop you off at the bus drop off which like someone said is closer than parking. The great thing is not having to pay parking I believe it is either 16 or 18 to park a day at universal, so take that into account. For the return trip all you have to do is call the number on the voucher to schedule a pick up time within like an hour or something. If your running late no problem just call and reschedule. My wife and I after the parks closed decided to hang out for dinner and some entertainment at city-walk. We wound up leaving about 11:00 from there and had about 6 other people on the bus with us. The bus driver put on finding nemo and we were off to our hotel... I highly recommend Mears. I was skeptical at first but was extremely pleased!!!!

Upvote 0

Korben

Just got back from a week at AK lodge. For our Universal visit, we arranged with Concierge in our hotel to have Mears pick us up. It is 18 dollars per person round trip, and you pick from available time slots (seemed to be every hour). We opted for an 8:50am pickup. They were only about ten minutes late, but we stopped at Pop Century to pick up two other guests, who were going to to Sea World and not Universal. So we had to stop there before our park. They do drop you off much closer to City Walk, which is nice because the usual parking lot seems miles away. Also our return trip stopped at Sea World and we waited for 20 minutes for people that never showed up. Just some info in case you have dinner reservations or want to get to the park earlier.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I seem to recall Kingdom Konsultants posting on here previously about a free US shuttle that picks up at WDW depending upon what type of US park tickets you buy. You might want to check with one of their agents.

Upvote 0

RSD Part Deux

I have done Mears and a cab. My fave is a cab. This is based on two people. The more people in the cab, the better the deal gets. Mears in the end may save you $10 ish, but the cab was much more convenient. A quick direct 15 minute with no stops, that drops you off right at the main entrance (so does Mears). The Mears on a busy day may be filled with other passengers making other stops along the way. It could take you up 45 mins each way. And trust me...after a long day at the parks its great to get home to your hotel in a snap. Plus no scheduling either. There is always a long line of cabs waiting for you at Uni. At your hotel, call the front desk and order a cab about 1/2 before you want it. I guarantee it will be waiting out front at the prescribed time.

Taxi cost: $35-$40 each way.

As for a car rental, its quite a lot of work to rent one at Disney. then there is the parking which not only costs $10-$20 (depending on time of year), but there is a MASSIVE walk. Renting a car would be my last choice.

Upvote 0

Cape Breton Grl

I have done Mears and a cab. My fave is a cab. This is based on two people. The more people in the cab, the better the deal gets. Mears in the end may save you $10 ish, but the cab was much more convenient. A quick direct 15 minute with no stops, that drops you off right at the main entrance (so does Mears). The Mears on a busy day may be filled with other passengers making other stops along the way. It could take you up 45 mins each way. And trust me...after a long day at the parks its great to get home to your hotel in a snap. Plus no scheduling either. There is always a long line of cabs waiting for you at Uni. At your hotel, call the front desk and order a cab about 1/2 before you want it. I guarantee it will be waiting out front at the prescribed time.

Taxi cost: $35-$40 each way.

As for a car rental, its quite a lot of work to rent one at Disney. then there is the parking which not only costs $10-$20 (depending on time of year), but there is a MASSIVE walk. Renting a car would be my last choice.

What was the name of the cab company you used???:xmas:

Upvote 0

tmack8983

you'll defintley be better off renting a car, its alot more convenient, and cheaper in my opinion, you'll get to come and go as you please, plus be able to explore the disney souviner stores, which are alot of fun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom