Transportation over to Universal - Info please!

sweetpee_1993

I'm helping a friend plan a short trip to WDW. She wants to spend 2 days over at Universal so her daughter can go see Harry & Co. but wants to stay on WDW property. They'll be flying in. It would seem that there would be some shuttle service available that would be more reasonable than paying for a rental car plus parking over there. Has anyone found and/or used an shuttle service? I'm looking for companies, cost, scheduling, etc. I'm wondering if booking a town car is more cost effective, too. I wonder if it'd be possible to get an idea of what cab fare would run?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :wave:

zaffery

The last few times I went and stayed at a Disney Hotel and took a day off to go to Universal, I used Quicksilver (ad is located on the front page) and have had no issues with them. It cost me a total of $90 for round trip and tip. You just give them the time you want picked up from the hotel and then what time you want picked up at Universal. They were on time and did not have to stop at other places to pick up other guest as you have your own car. I picked Towncar and both times they picked me up in an Escalade.

Upvote 0

jvenegas

We always do Mears. You have the flexibility of requesting a specific pick-up time at your resort and a specific pick-up time at Uni once you are done with it. You can even change pick-up times if you call at least two hours in advance to change it and it won't cost you extra.

It is very convenient.

Upvote 0

Frightful

The Mears on a busy day may be filled with other passengers making other stops along the way. It could take you up 45 mins each way. And trust me...after a long day at the parks its great to get home to your hotel in a snap.

A good point, but as I recall the Mears bus is a nice motor coach, so it's not like riding a Disney bus for 45 minutes.

When we did it in 2006 a van picked us up (was just us the whole way) from CBR and a sparsely populated motor coach took us back. The van looked like a regular cab, just with Mears on it in very small print so we almost missed it--something to be aware of if you go with the service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom