Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Indeed, in 2018 and 2019 annual reports, it was mentioned that "The Company has announced plans for a multi-year expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park that will roll out in phases beginning in 2021 and add three new themed areas based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars."

In 2020 annual report, it says that "The Company has announced plans for a multi-year expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park that will add new themed areas based on Marvel and Frozen."

This is really bad news for Star Wars land. I'm afraid it has been removed from the expansion 😔
It might indicate also that they are not sure to open Marvel in 2021.

britain

Indeed, in 2018 and 2019 annual reports, it was mentioned that "The Company has announced plans for a multi-year expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park that will roll out in phases beginning in 2021 and add three new themed areas based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars."

In 2020 annual report, it says that "The Company has announced plans for a multi-year expansion of Walt Disney Studios Park that will add new themed areas based on Marvel and Frozen."

This is really bad news for Star Wars land. I'm afraid it has been removed from the expansion 😔
It might indicate also that they are not sure to open Marvel in 2021.

I don’t think you’d need a pandemic to guess that they’d need more time to rethink the WDSP Star Wars area. Galaxy’s Edge is popular, but not the grand slam they thought it would be. It also makes sense to sit back and watch what parts of the newest Star Wars content really connect to audiences in a timeless way (Mandalorian > Sequels).

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I don’t think you’d need a pandemic to guess that they’d need more time to rethink the WDSP Star Wars area. Galaxy’s Edge is popular, but not the grand slam they thought it would be. It also makes sense to sit back and watch what parts of the newest Star Wars content really connect to audiences in a timeless way (Mandalorian > Sequels).
I think they're testing that out now, given that the Disney Magic Kingdoms game recently concluded a Mandalorian-themed event that expanded their Star Wars Land (opened during Rise of Skywalker) to include The Mandalorian.

Maaarte

I wouldn’t mind them to decide to postpone the Star Wars Land for Paris. Like some of you said; I think they are probably going back to the designing table and create a improved/new SW land for Paris (and other parks) because of the so-so reaction in America. Of course they will probably still include the Rise of the Resistance ride, but who knows they might change some of the characters. Besides that, the inclusion of the Mandalorian would be great and baby Yoda will for sure bring people to the park.

In the meantime I hope they will decide to build the Frozen Coaster after completing the Frozen Land, followed by the E-Ticket Quin-Jet attraction at the Avenger Campus. I rather have them creating full completed lands rather than multiple lands with just one ride. After completing those rides I think they had enough time to complete the design for the new and improved Star Wars Land and they can start building it all at once rather than just one ride.

Of course it’s just what I prefer them todo, but knowing the luck of Paris it’s probably just gonna be scraped and not replaced by other expansions.

Robbiem

By the time star wars land opens in Paris the sequel trilogy will be long past so I suspect it will be set in a different timeframe. If Disney are smart they’d make it a more generic star wars area not themed to a particular timeline (like star tours 2) so you could have all areas there and retheme rise to the original trilogy to make it more timeless - people want to see R2, yoda, vader, maul and luke skywalker as well as kylo ren and ray

etc98

once they are done with all this expansion dsp will still be one of the worst disney parks, but it wont be objectively bad like it is now. I hope they give it some good exclusives but i wont hold my breath. also. they should take that crushs coaster and put that in dca where goofy sky coaster is imo
“I hope they give it some good exclusives.”

“I hope they clone one of WDSP’s good exclusives in a different park, making it no longer an exclusive.”

I know what you mean, and I agree with you, but I just thought that was funny.

SplashJacket

once they are done with all this expansion dsp will still be one of the worst disney parks, but it wont be objectively bad like it is now.
I don't think it matters. The parks that were truly embarrassments were HKDL, WDSP, DCA, and HS. I'd also include Epcot on that list but only due to its previous neglect.

HKDL, WDSP, and DCA are going to be in the best state ever once all their expansion is done and I don't think there can be much disagreement there.

Hollywood Studios could be argued that the uniqueness of the Studio made it superior to its current state, but generally, most everyone would agree it is currently in its best-ever state.

After all the expansion there won't be a truly bad Disney park. Some parks will be worse than others but it doesn't make them bad; as Disney fans, that is very exciting.

J4546

curious as to why they didnt build a mini cars land inside the track of the new cars ride? Its a huge area of land that seems as if it will be empty. They coulda put the road cone food court and the rallye ride inside of it

cjkeating

curious as to why they didnt build a mini cars land inside the track of the new cars ride? Its a huge area of land that seems as if it will be empty. They coulda put the road cone food court and the rallye ride inside of it
Cost... and time. Months vs years and 10s of millions vs 100s of millions.

This is just a "temporary" filler to maintain capacity during the WDSP expansion.

LeeleeSTAR

I’m still worried we won’t see the planned expansion to WDS and it will all grind to a halt after the avengers campus and Route 66 are finished.
I really hope this isn’t the case but there’s a clear slow down with the lake and frozen expansion. i know we have the covid situation but that hasn’t stopped work progressing at other Disney parks around the world.

Also I’ve always found it odd that they planned to build the lake and put the frozen attraction at the far end with tons of empty space separating it from the existing park.

Last edited:

J4546

I’m still worried we won’t see the planned expansion to WDS and it will all grind to a halt after the avengers campus and Route 66 are finished.
I really hope this isn’t the case but there’s a clear slow down with the lake and frozen expansion. i know we have the covid situation but that hasn’t stopped work progressing at other Disney parks around the world.

Also I’ve always found it odd that they planned to build the lake and put the frozen attraction at the far end with tons of empty space separating it from the existing park.
it is an odd layout, but imagine how awesome the view will be when you walk into the park and see that giant ice castle like 1/2 mile away. the wow factor at entry will be pretty high. I do however wish theyd just go hard with frozen/fantasy style lands around the new lake. Star wars is cool and all but id rather see a giant frozen area, maybe wait and see how the new peter pan area at tokyo goes (which i think will be spectacular) and then build an area like that instead of star wars

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom