Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

J4546

cool pics with the overlays. It seems there is still plenty of room for future expansion as well! I imagine they would eventually connect star wars land and marvel land to make a big loop. does anyone know what is gonna be on the right side of the lake?

Disneylover152

Rumor was Cars Land and Pandora were under consideration. So maybe one of them will take the spot down the line. Or maybe Tron?

1602343486264.png

I think this diagram is fan made, but it shows the locations Cars & Pandora placed around the lagoon, as well as an expanded Star Wars Land. It honestly looks pretty cool, but I wish Cars & Pandora could be exclusive to their resorts, and WDSP could get their own exclusive land- maybe Monstropolis?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
View attachment 504113

I think this diagram is fan made, but it shows the locations Cars & Pandora placed around the lagoon, as well as an expanded Star Wars Land. It honestly looks pretty cool, but I wish Cars & Pandora could be exclusive to their resorts, and WDSP could get their own exclusive land- maybe Monstropolis?
I agree with you on Cars Land given the land's original intent (a tribute to California car culture), but with the upcoming expansion of the Avatar franchise with the sequels, I'm admittedly interested in seeing how the Imagineers could expand the Valley of Mo'ara setting should it come to WDSP. I feel that Pixar has a great presence in the park already that Toon Studios itself could be renamed to "Pixar Place" and no one will blink an eye at the name change because of the general Pixar clustering in that area (just retheme the Magic Carpets ride to something Pixar-y or remove it entirely for something new).

I know someone here semi-pitched a fully indoor version of Pandora set inside a forest-cave network (something like this one, I think) filled with bioluminescent plants which I'd love to see realized in the Studios given the lack of indoor locations in the announced expansions. I'd love to see a coaster-take on Flight of Passage using the tech being developed for the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ride at EPCOT, and perhaps a more realized version of Na'vi River Journey (with an actual drop).

J4546

damn thats a shame. im sure hotel is amazing but its so expensive so ill never experience it lol. I rather them go all out with a bigger star wars land for everyone to enjoy but watevs.

It's doubtful imo that Paris will get more original lands, more like downsized copy and paste lands, which still would improve the parks a lot. I think the best chance we have is for us to get Pandora because of the upcoming movies, probably cut by the boat ride since Frozen is also a boat ride. Prove me wrong and give us the full land plus Banshee coaster (new flying coaster Vekoma model? ).
Star Wars if it's still happening will be only Rise imo.

I hope they don't cut back from their original long term plans because of the situation right now.
Imo Paris needs all the announced expansions and a lot more to be up to date again. They basically did nothing for 20 years apart from Ratatouille.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

DLP Report flew above the WDSP Construction. They really have done very very little on the lake/Frozen/Star Wars expansion. So little, I wonder if those plans were shelved or are being adapted sort of like Epcot.

Avengers Campus is actually behind what I thought they would be at, besides Spidey (which looks a solid couple years from completion), everything looks pretty similar to how it looked pre-COVID. Just by my guessing, I would say this has been postponed until 2022, maybe even 2023 for Spidey.

I think we can throw away a 2020 opening for Cars. Also, I'm actually sort of impressed they repainted Catastrophe Canyon. I know new paint isn't that expensive but I really was expecting less. I'm actually really curious how this will turn out, I'm really excited to see it be done just because I have no clue how this will all work 😂 😂 .

And that's all.

wdrive

Avengers Campus is actually behind what I thought they would be at, besides Spidey (which looks a solid couple years from completion), everything looks pretty similar to how it looked pre-COVID. Just by my guessing, I would say this has been postponed until 2022, maybe even 2023 for Spidey.

Quite a bit has happened since the parks reopened, lots of visible progress has been made.
Feel free to bookmark this and bring it up if I’m wrong but I’m almost certain the whole Marvel area will be up and running well before 2023.

BrianLo

Keep in mind they were supposed to have thrown together Spidey in essentially 18 months at DCA. The attraction could be ready at WDSP in under 12 at this point - but of course could and will are entirely different.

I think another year delay from whenever they aimed to have it done is quite assured. 2023 seems excessive though when it really only took 2 years to build in the first place.

Animaniac93-98

Keep in mind they were supposed to have thrown together Spidey in essentially 18 months at DCA. The attraction could be ready at WDSP in under 12 at this point - but of course could and will are entirely different.

The two main differences with the DCA version is that they kept most of the Bug's Life theater intact (vs tearing down Armageddon) and at WDSP there was no overnight construction (at least pre-COVID).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Iron Man and the meet and greet open first and then the restaurants and Spider-Man in 2022. With the park only open 5 hours a day right now, it needs more ASAP.

BrianLo

The two main differences with the DCA version is that they kept most of the Bug's Life theater intact (vs tearing down Armageddon) and at WDSP there was no overnight construction (at least pre-COVID).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Iron Man and the meet and greet open first and then the restaurants and Spider-Man in 2022. With the park only open 5 hours a day right now, it needs more ASAP.

Oh yes, I wasn't meaning to discount some of the structure pre-existing at DCA. But the structure is also already up at WDSP.

I too think 2022 is *currently* accurate. There's little reason for them to rush something for 2021 with COVID.

Animaniac93-98

More detailed report on those construction pictures:

Jon81uk

It's doubtful imo that Paris will get more original lands, more like downsized copy and paste lands, which still would improve the parks a lot. I think the best chance we have is for us to get Pandora because of the upcoming movies, probably cut by the boat ride since Frozen is also a boat ride. Prove me wrong and give us the full land plus Banshee coaster (new flying coaster Vekoma model? ).
Star Wars if it's still happening will be only Rise imo.

I hope they don't cut back from their original long term plans because of the situation right now.
Imo Paris needs all the announced expansions and a lot more to be up to date again. They basically did nothing for 20 years apart from Ratatouille.

As much as I would love original lands and attractions at all the Disney parks, it would make more sense to replicate Disneyland attractions such as Cars to Paris than copying the WDW attractions. WDW is marketed to Brits possibly more than Paris is, so keeping some attractions unique to Florida would make sense, whereas fewer Europeans would travel to California Disney in general I think.

Being french myself, I can assure you a lot of people in France don't even know what are the other Disney Parks in the world and where they are. For my part, most of my friends haven't heard about Disneyland in Anaheim and WDW.
Brits are probably more informed (no language constraint for them) but this must be an exception in Europe.

This is why I think original lands and attractions are not necessary in DLP. Most people simply don't care if it's already somewhere else.
Moreover, they invested a lot to have a never-seen-before attraction in 2014 with Ratatouille and it didn't work at all.
They won't do the same mistake again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom