Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Two modest C/D dark rides next to iasw would work wonders. A third on the BatB plot perhaps but it’d be a squeeze. And Railway in the studios that’ll still need it (and has an ideal plot where Reign of Fire was)

Paris still has the possibility of using the Fland theatre underpass to a show building outside the berm too.

So does Discoverland. And don’t mention Adlands space. Still so much potential.

Aside from the ones you mentioned (next to It's A Small World, the BatB plot right across Bella Notte, the one behind Indiana Jones mine cart coaster), where are the other available expansion plots in the Parc? I know it's somewhere here in the thread but I'm pretty sure it's buried now.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Two modest C/D dark rides next to iasw would work wonders. A third on the BatB plot perhaps but it’d be a squeeze. And Railway in the studios that’ll still need it (and has an ideal plot where Reign of Fire was)

Paris still has the possibility of using the Fland theatre underpass to a show building outside the berm too.

So does Discoverland. And don’t mention Adlands space. Still so much potential.
What is it that keeps these kinds of things from happening?

Why does it feel like Disney hasn't managed to build a decent C Ticket Dark Ride anywhere since the late 90's? And why is it they so rarely try?

Is the intention here with Railway to build a big family-level draw for the park? You'd think there'd be something else up their sleeve that could do that while still serving Fantasyland - or better yet, a nearly any other land. Fantasyland has a pretty strong roster already.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Aside from the ones you mentioned (next to It's A Small World, the BatB plot right across Bella Notte, the one behind Indiana Jones mine cart coaster), where are the other available expansion plots in the Parc? I know it's somewhere here in the thread but I'm pretty sure it's buried now.

Frontierland station, Fantasyland station, iasw, Bella Notte, the old pizza joint behind Discoveryland... and west of the geysers but that’s been pretty much taken by WDSP

lazyboy97o

What is it that keeps these kinds of things from happening?

Why does it feel like Disney hasn't managed to build a decent C Ticket Dark Ride anywhere since the late 90's? And why is it they so rarely try?

Is the intention here with Railway to build a big family-level draw for the park? You'd think there'd be something else up their sleeve that could do that while still serving Fantasyland - or better yet, a nearly any other land. Fantasyland has a pretty strong roster already.
Walt Disney Imagineering’s spending is completely out of control. What bought Expedition Everest fifteen years ago now buys Pixar Pier. They don’t know how to deliver a C-Ticket.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Walt Disney Imagineering’s spending is completely out of control. What bought Expedition Everest fifteen years ago now buys Pixar Pier. They don’t know how to deliver a C-Ticket.

Exactly. I think nowadays, Imagineering is mandated by the management to go big or go home. This is evident with the newer lands like Galaxy's Edge and Avengers Campus, the latter of which is having a lot of misses so far (at least in Hong Kong Disneyland's Stark Expo is received so far).

lazyboy97o

Exactly. I think nowadays, Imagineering is mandated by the management to go big or go home. This is evident with the newer lands like Galaxy's Edge and Avengers Campus, the latter of which is having a lot of misses so far (at least in Hong Kong Disneyland's Stark Expo is received so far).
It is not a management mandate. Management would love to get costs down, they just don’t know anything about design and construction or park operations so they don’t know how to streamline the process.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
It is not a management mandate. Management would love to get costs down, they just don’t know anything about design and construction or park operations so they don’t know how to streamline the process.

Hm, I suppose that's true. Iger and Co. do place high premiums in the parks which explains a lot of the overhauls for the last three decades that started with DCA in 2007. I wonder though if these overhauls as well as Shanghai Disneyland in general influenced Imagineering's current thinking of "go big or go home"?

fradz

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

Aha, this is the one that I was looking for. Thank you!

If they are building Runaway Railway in the Parc, could they be taking the expansion plot behind the Fantasyland Station? At least it would be in a more secluded area as opposed to taking the Little Mermaid's original spot. The sightlines in Alice's Curious Labyrinth probably wouldn't even be broken if they add up more greenery to add the new rolling hills setpieces.

Last edited:

Toni25

The Original 90s Idea of the Jungle Exploration attraction, with the jeeps instead of boats, would have been amazing for Adventureland. A sort of Jungle Cruise meets Indiana Jones. It would be unique and original and could include scenes from the wilderness around the world, starting in Asian Jungle with characters form Jungle Book, next, the savanna from Lion King and the end, a South American Temple (so far, sounds like jungle cruise), but at the end, make the temple scene a mini Indiana Jones ride, since the attraction has multiple I.P.s in it. And it can all be Indoors.

Also, I would rather not have MMRRailway at all than to destroy Fantasyland (It would feel like Astro Blasters in Discoveryland). Maybe a better version of Mermaid or something. Also, Walt Disney had the idea of every park being distinct...Repeating the same rides all over the world feels so manufactured and commercial.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
DLPReport on Twitter has just posted some pictures of the construction permit for the Frozen land and I will say, if this all works out, Arendelle will give Fantasyland a run for its money.

Renderings and blueprints for the Frozen Ever After attraction show building and entrance:

Rendering and the blueprints for the meet-and-greet inside the Arendelle Castle. I'm wondering though, where's the entrance? The bridge to the courtyard is inaccessible according to the overhead blueprint.

Renderings for the streets of Arendelle:

Last edited:

illdann

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that Runaway Railway is set for DLP's Fantasyland and not their Studios?

I figured we would have gotten some version of a Mermaid Dark Ride on that plot, given that Disney has actually developed one now. I'd personally rather a new classic-style Fantasyland Dark Ride there than MMRR. It just doesn't seem to fit that part of the Parc. Though I guess I don't know if it will fit the Studios after its transformation.

Off topic, what ever came of the talk of a Mermaid Dark Ride in TDS? I remember hearing TDL brass were shown the ride at DCA and basically said "try again". Does the Fantasy Springs expansion preclude that from actually happening? I have to assume a good Mermaid Dark Ride would be high on the list for TDS, it makes only too much sense for that park.

the only good place for MMRR will be at this place behind the railroad, you can even make a mini toontown.

Attachments

• 35AC3047-BCF0-4048-A6CD-4BDD3598733F.png
    35AC3047-BCF0-4048-A6CD-4BDD3598733F.png
    518.7 KB · Views: 131

ThemeParkTraveller

Thank you for posting the Frozen Land updates. It seems they are following HKDL and having the Arendelle castle be a meet and instead of a restaurant. It looks like guests will only be able to visit the inner courtyard and not actually go inside the castle.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Thank you for posting the Frozen Land updates. It seems they are following HKDL and having the Arendelle castle be a meet and instead of a restaurant. It looks like guests will only be able to visit the inner courtyard and not actually go inside the castle.

All thanks should be given to DLPReport, Disneyland Paris Works, and their teams for posting/making us aware of this!

It does look like they are only planning to build a facade for the meet-and-greet, which I suppose makes sense in the story (as seen in Frozen and Olaf's Frozen Adventure, the people of Arendelle are only allowed in the courtyard and not inside the castle).

Last edited:

cjkeating

the only good place for MMRR will be at this place behind the railroad, you can even make a mini toontown.

Yes, this is the only location I think it would fit from a floorspace point of view and would minimise sightline issues. The Little Mermaid plot of land looks tiny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom