Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Really don’t know why they’re cloning a retheme. You’d think they could’ve come up with something else that’s different by now.

Just a slight segue, were the original Frozen ride concepts (pre-Norway Pavilion takeover) ever released/leaked? Maybe they're using those original concepts for Tokyo?

I bet the one in Tokyo will super unique, bomb and maybe even have new technology.

It's expected of Tokyo Disney Resort, to be honest. OLC is paying Disney large amounts of money on top of licensing fees for the two parks so they're expecting a great bang for their buck in return. Paris, on the other hand...

G.L.A.D.I.O

The OLC asked WDI a book report kind of ride for their Frozen E-ticket just like Enchanted tale with Beauty and the beast.
DLP investments are often underestimated as far as RetD are concerned. Tron, Seven Dwarfs mine train, Soarin over the world, Californian ToT and most of the TDS concepts have been created thanks to DLP wich never took advantage of it.

LeeleeSTAR

Are there any plans as part of the marvel area to retheme the stunt show to marvel? I know an agents of shield one was rumoured for years. If it’s left alone it’s going to look pretty out of place.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The OLC asked WDI a book report kind of ride for their Frozen E-ticket just like Enchanted tale with Beauty and the beast.

@TDRTweets on Twitter says it's still going to be a boat ride though, so basically they're creating another Frozen Ever After with a new ride narrative (that's closer to the film) for TDS?

Are there any plans as part of the marvel area to retheme the stunt show to marvel? I know an agents of shield one was rumoured for years. If it’s left alone it’s going to look pretty out of place.

If I recall correctly, the stunt show area will be demolished to make way for the Avengers E-ticket ride. Is that right @marni1971?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
If I recall correctly, the stunt show area will be demolished to make way for the Avengers E-ticket ride. Is that right @marni1971?

Ah, just a correction. Some earlier replies in this thread said that DCA's and HKDL's campuses will receive their versions of the Avengers E-ticket ride in the near future. Paris' version, on the other hand, is still unconfirmed (though likely delayed until Phase 2 of the expansion so keep your fingers crossed for it 🤞🏼):
Paris isn’t getting the Avengers E-ticket like California is it?
Nope. Just an Iron Man coaster and Spider Man ride.

Though, if the Avengers E-ticket does come to Paris, the general assumption is that it probably take the place of Moteurs stunt show in the future:
The Stunt show should be closed by the end of 2021 according to some french sources.
I’m assuming you mean the Avengers e ticket would replace Moteurs?
That is the assumption, we'll see when/if it actually happens.
You can also see that there is a building that looks like the Avengers E-ticket where the stuntshow is right now.
View attachment 419294

Sorry if I confused you! Should have double-checked the earlier thread first before replying. 😅

fTs

If the Shanghai pirates ride system isn't being used for this then it seems that Disney are set on never reusing that ride system.

Last edited:

fradz

If I recall correctly, the stunt show area will be demolished to make way for the Avengers E-ticket ride.
In ""Phase 2 ™ "", phase 1 would be a light re-skin so that's it's not completely out of place, AFAIK.
---------
Re: ride system; there were rumors, at some point, that the SDL Pirates system was going to be used for the Frozen ride. However, now I'm thinking that once again, OLC might have it and not us ...

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Source: Screamscape

(2/17/20) - According to the local news an agreement was made between the local government and The Walt Disney company that will see a deadline to commit to building a third theme park for the Disneyland Paris Resort extended by an extra ten years. The new date now lists 2036 as the deadline in which to make the decision to build a third park in the Marne-la-Vallee location, however there is also a requirement now set in place that attendance at the theme park resort will also have to rise to 22 million guests a year as well by 2036.

With attendance currently around 15 million guests a year, it would seem that this may likely be a reason behind the massive plans announced to extend the Walt Disney Studios theme park by adding several new themed lands and attractions, such as the Avengers Campus, a Frozen land, and even a Star Wars themed land as well as a lagoon for a night show. Should Disney not be able to meet the attendance level by 2036, there are measures in place to vote on another timeline extension, otherwise it gives the government the rights to sell off the land being held for Disney to other projects.

Robbiem

Disney & more has a detailed article about the extension for the third gate.

It has this really useful map outlining the various land zones

k
1582136954154.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom