Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Timothy_Q

They have a budget of 2 billion euros, and they're still building those mini-lands. Something's up.
At Disneyland, for 1B dollars (900k euro):
-Smugglers Run
-Rise of the Resistance
-SWGE theming

At WDS, for 2B euro:
-Rise of the Resistance (probably)
-Half of SWGE
-Frozen Ever After
-Frozen Mini Land
-New Spider Man attraction
-RNCR retheme
-Marvel land retheme
-Backlot retheme
-New Lake
-New Lake show
-Rumored new attraction behind ToT

Seems like the right amount of stuff for how much money they're spending (by Disney standards)

Hiyumo

At Disneyland, for 1B dollars (900k euro):
-Smugglers Run
-Rise of the Resistance
-SWGE theming

At WDS, for 2B euro:
-Rise of the Resistance (probably)
-Half of SWGE
-Frozen Ever After
-Frozen Mini Land
-New Spider Man attraction
-RNCR retheme
-Marvel land retheme
-Backlot retheme
-New Lake
-New Lake show
-Rumored new attraction behind ToT

Seems like the right amount of stuff for how much money they're spending (by Disney standards)
Those are a lot of new additions coming to WDS, but Avengers Campus are mostly rethemed building + a new spiderman ride. Star Wars land isn't even half the size of the one in the US parks. So far they haven't announced any new rides, which costs the most because they have to test a lot. So it could be that the unannounced is really expensive or that they're building something in the main park.

cjkeating

Those are a lot of new additions coming to WDS, but Avengers Campus are mostly rethemed building + a new spiderman ride. Star Wars land isn't even half the size of the one in the US parks. So far they haven't announced any new rides, which costs the most because they have to test a lot. So it could be that the unannounced is really expensive or that they're building something in the main park.

I am 99% sure the 2bn only covers WDSP. I know there were rumours that it also included an attraction in Disneyland Park or the Disney Village makeover however I do not believe that is true.

The problem is WDI projects cost a lot of money... and these aren't the typical WDSP projects of old that were done on the 'cheap'.

croboy82

But in those 1 billion costs at Disneyland Anaheim I guess research, planning etc are included, no?

I guess these should be much lower for Paris.

ToTBellHop

But in those 1 billion costs at Disneyland Anaheim I guess research, planning etc are included, no?

I guess these should be much lower for Paris.
They still have to research and plan everything in Paris. Rides are built completely differently in Paris. It’s the same reason why they are still spending a fortune on Ratatouille in Epcot even though they already built it elsewhere.

lazyboy97o

For example in California and Florida, buildings are built with metal structures. In France they’re made of concrete, so it changes all the construction plans.
While those are what is often seen with Disney, they’re not givens. There is also a lot more that has to be reviewed, updated and changed. Different structural systems are an outcome of differences in climate, regulations and economics.

Last edited:

disneylandmagic

2 billons are only for WDS Park. Disney Village updates and makeover as well as the new e ticket ride planned for Disneyland Park (Potentialy Mickey ride in Fantasyland) are totaly seperate form the WDS expansion.

SweetDuffy101

So i just saw on twitter at Disneyland Paris Works giving Hints that the Hongkong Disneyland Version of Paint the Night might be transported to Paris,There is a rumored that When the New projection show opens at HKDL, PTN would be glowing away.

cjkeating

So i just saw on twitter at Disneyland Paris Works giving Hints that the Hongkong Disneyland Version of Paint the Night might be transported to Paris,There is a rumored that When the New projection show opens at HKDL, PTN would be glowing away.

I feel like I started this rumour on here as at the time everyone was thinking on the DL PTN... I guess we will know more as we progress through next year if/when the castle refurb is announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom