Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

The planning permit was published 2 days ago and is readily available HERE

If you don't speak French, you can still go to the annexes where you will find plenty of interesting maps.

In addition, on page 9, some additional info on the lake: will take 6 months to fill up, and is planned to be operational in 2022. Will be 2.87ha (=709 Acres) and of a volume of 67.000m³ (don't know the US unit for that).

Thebolt

...some additional info on the lake: will take 6 months to fill up, and is planned to be operational in 2022. Will be 2.87ha (=709 Acres) and of a volume of 67.000m³ (don't know the US unit for that).

There are 1000 litres in a cubic metre, and a US gallon is 3.78541 litres.
So that is 17,699,527 US gallons, or 54.3 acre foot.

Can anyone do the math on what the average depth will be, assuming the lake is a perfect circle? Thats beond what I recall of volume etc.

fradz

There are 1000 litres in a cubic metre, and a US gallon is 3.78541 litres.
So that is 17,699,527 US gallons, or 54.3 acre foot.

Can anyone do the math on what the average depth will be, assuming the lake is a perfect circle? Thats beond what I recall of volume etc.
Being a circle or not doesn't have an influence on the average depth. The math is actually super easy if you use the metric system (which you all should btw 😂;) ) :
2.87ha = 28.700m²
Depth = volume divided by surface
--> 67.000m³ / 28.700 m² = 2.33m average depth (7,6 ft)

Hiyumo

The planning permit was published 2 days ago and is readily available HERE

If you don't speak French, you can still go to the annexes where you will find plenty of interesting maps.

In addition, on page 9, some additional info on the lake: will take 6 months to fill up, and is planned to be operational in 2022. Will be 2.87ha (=709 Acres) and of a volume of 67.000m³ (don't know the US unit for that).
But are they going to "open" the lake in 2022 with frozenland? Why would they open it if there is nothing to do?

cjkeating

But are they going to "open" the lake in 2022 with frozenland? Why would they open it if there is nothing to do?

Frozen Land is rumoured to open in 2023 so yes and or no.

The lake could be read and not opened... the lake could be ready in late 2022 and Frozen Land early 2023 and they both open together.

Or there could be a few things around the lake such as the rumoured Tangled carousel, Princess and the Frog restaurant, new new entrance to the Cars Tram Tour and the day/night lake show that could come online in 2022 (the 30th anniversary year) before Frozen in 2023.

remy62

If frozenland gets late, then the lake will wait. It is inconceivable to open a lake surrounded by scaffolding.
The opening date for the lake (and its restaurants, shops, ...) and frozenland seems to be set for late 2022. Work will proceed quickly as there are no site constraints (the work will take place far away from the current park).
Feel free to ask your questions about the extension, I’ll try to answer them. ;)

remy62

When should we plan a visit?
Is everything that will be included shown on the plans, or are there some things being hidden still?
Will the Falcon have a ramp? (Asking for a friend)
By security I would say 2023, but Star Wars will not be open.
No, not everything has been unveiled on the plans.
There won’t be the Falcon’s attraction, but maybe the ship will be there. :)

IMDREW

After reading the latest quarter report it might actually be HKs PTN. They can use the extra buck DLP would be paying for it and it would save them money running and maintaining it for a while. Who knows!

remy62

My French is a little rusty, and there's plenty of technical terms in the document, so I appreciate your willingness to answer some questions. What can you tell us about the lake show?
Little is known. It will be a show with barges (that’s why there will be a storage area).

It appears to refer to a storage area for the props. Is the bridge over the canal a drawbridge or are they doing a rotating bridge like the one being built near the Grand Floridian?
Nothing confirmed yet on that, but probably a drawbridge.

You hinted the Falcon could be present (as others have previously). Is that the odd shape in front of the Rise building, or is that something else?
These are just guesses made by several members of the French fan base, not rumors.
I personally think the round building will be a shop.

According to rumors and with a little common sense, the Parisian version could be really unique, with a land only thematized on the secret base of the resistance on Batuu (with a canteen of the resistance, shop, etc...).

UpAllNight

Is the park just getting 3 worse versions of new lands that are opening / have opened across other Disney Parks? I don’t know if that’s going to be enough to entice people to add DLP to their plans, instead of just going to WDW all the time.

Brummyboy92

Sounds like it, Frozen without the Coaster, Star Wars with one ride.

Really hope Disney pull something out of the bag, otherwise I have no interest in going there anytime soon.

Timothy_Q

Is the park just getting 3 worse versions of new lands that are opening / have opened across other Disney Parks? I don’t know if that’s going to be enough to entice people to add DLP to their plans, instead of just going to WDW all the time.
The important part of this expansion is they're finally giving WDS a well-planned expansion with space for future growth.

Up until now the park has only grown as a series of small patchwork fixes that lacked a coherent layout.

The new lake will change people's perception of the park and make it feel like an actual Disney park for the first time in its life.

Last edited:

remy62

That is your point of view, that is to say that of a US fan who knows perfectly the world of Disney parks.
Next, know that the majority of European lambdas ignore the existence of WDW, or any other Disney parks in the world (yes...).
Now takes the minority of European Disney fans (already a minority of DLP visitors), and still takes the minority of this one who has already visited WDW/DLR or who are interested in it. And so you really believe that this tiny minority of visitors will affect the results of DLP ? (Again if this one decides not to go to DLP because "the lands are small" 😁).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom