Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Animaniac93-98

Getting smaller before it gets bigger

peep

Interesting they're diverting everyone to Motors via the back path alongside the tram tour. It makes sense but it's not exactly the most known route.

Also curious about when those two restaurants will close, they'll need them open as long as possible. Food options in the Studios are already pretty slim.

Mpurkiss

Y feelings from the closure of first Armageddon and now rock n rollercoaster. I think that obviously it will be good in the long term when everything completed but I feel they should of added other things first before closing rides out of the already slim choice of attractions. I’m looking forward to the avengers campus and all the rest of the lands planned but as a U.K. visitor I’m holding off visiting again until the completion of avengers campus and I’m fearing that others will fear the same as now I reckon you could get round studios park in 2/3 hours which is a shame, hopefully it won’t put attendance down too much.

ToTBellHop

Y feelings from the closure of first Armageddon and now rock n rollercoaster. I think that obviously it will be good in the long term when everything completed but I feel they should of added other things first before closing rides out of the already slim choice of attractions. I’m looking forward to the avengers campus and all the rest of the lands planned but as a U.K. visitor I’m holding off visiting again until the completion of avengers campus and I’m fearing that others will fear the same as now I reckon you could get round studios park in 2/3 hours which is a shame, hopefully it won’t put attendance down too much.
They don’t have much wiggle room if they want everything done for the 2024 olympics.

AndyS2992

Is Motors leaving as part of the expansion? I hope so, it's awful. Last time we watched it, it lacked the jet skis, the guy falling off the roof and other stunts. Was a mess.

Thebolt

They really should suspend one park tickets whilst the Studios have so much work going on.
It isn't offering a full days entertainment, so only sell tickets giving entrance to both gates until there is an improved offering at the Studios.

Animaniac93-98

They really should suspend one park tickets whilst the Studios have so much work going on.
It isn't offering a full days entertainment, so only sell tickets giving entrance to both gates until there is an improved offering at the Studios.

They were charging full price in 2002 when there were only 9 rides, shows and attractions total.

I think even today there's more to do in the park vs back then!

But no, the park has only rarely, if ever, been worth the price of a single day's admission.

IMDREW

Is Motors leaving as part of the expansion? I hope so, it's awful. Last time we watched it, it lacked the jet skis, the guy falling off the roof and other stunts. Was a mess.
As I understand it, it's getting a slight Avengers retheme right now. And if everything's successful the E-ticket Avengers ride (announced for DCA and also coming to HKDL) will replace it. Thats why they are already building the Quinjet entrance like they are doing in DCA. They will build the show building behind that entrance.

Thebolt

A cheap Avengers overlay for the next couple of years for Lights Motors makes sense.
The format of making a movie could stretch to that theme, and it would be something "new" they can advertise.

Once some of the lakeside stuff is open, they can afford to lose the attraction, which is a bit long in the tooth now.
Maybe there is enough land there for Rise of the Resistance :) [not likely.... but the location would back onto the Star Wars area].

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

I can not see that happening, even if that is the morally right thing to do.

I'm not worried tbh, only hardcore Disney fans will hold off until Marvel Land opens, I imagine the casual visitor will be none the wiser.

I for one will be avoiding the resort until at least 2021, although I have Orlando and Tokyo before that, so bit of a given considering the current state of the resort.

Den Carter

Looking for opinions on where things will be in July 2020 with construction and closures. We will be in Europe and trying to decide whether to add a stop in Paris. Our last trip to DLP was 2017. It seems like there might not be much new ready by then, but still plenty of great oldies to see again. But if it means cutting other cities short, maybe it's better to wait for our next trip across the pond.

I don’t think there’ll be much in the way of new attractions by then, so you’d mostly be doing a greatest hits tour. If festivals are your thing, the last few years have seen a big improvement in the quality of entertainment at DLP. The Pirates and Princesses and the Lion King and Jungle festivals have both been outstanding. There’s likely to be some kind of festival next July, but that hasn’t been announced yet. In my view, if you have other bucket list cities in mind for your European trip I’d be inclined to prioritise them and return to DLP in a couple of years. Others may disagree entirely, of course! I’ve visited DLP dozens of times in the last three years, but when my annual pass expires next week, I plan to have a break ‘til the 30th anniversary in 2022. Meanwhile I’m focusing on the Asian Disney resorts and WDW.

ToTBellHop

I don’t think there’ll be much in the way of new attractions by then, so you’d mostly be doing a greatest hits tour. If festivals are your thing, the last few years have seen a big improvement in the quality of entertainment at DLP. The Pirates and Princesses and the Lion King and Jungle festivals have both been outstanding. There’s likely to be some kind of festival next July, but that hasn’t been announced yet. In my view, if you have other bucket list cities in mind for your European trip I’d be inclined to prioritise them and return to DLP in a couple of years. Others may disagree entirely, of course! I’ve visited DLP dozens of times in the last three years, but when my annual pass expires next week, I plan to have a break ‘til the 30th anniversary in 2022. Meanwhile I’m focusing on the Asian Disney resorts and WDW.
Lion King and Jungle Festival returns next summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom