Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

douglasrickard

They should’ve decided to retheme Tower of Terror and replace it with Mission Breakout as it would make much more sense being right next to Marvel Land

They may as well. I read that the recent refurbishment had to be the same as it always had been because it was because the funds came from sort of insurance or something like that?

Brummyboy92

There's room alright...

D23 is next, then there is a DLP timeslot scheduled in the IAAPA Europe, in Paris, September 16-19.

That's a very interesting map. I can see it now, Jounrey to the Centre of the Earth on the right, Toon town above that, Fantasy springs top centre, Indian Jones themed area within Adventure, Splash below that. I don't ask for much. ;)

Den Carter

They should’ve decided to retheme Tower of Terror and replace it with Mission Breakout as it would make much more sense being right next to Marvel Land

I’m not an authority on any of this, but if they did re-theme it to Mission: Breakout (which I wouldn’t mind because it would make thematic sense), I doubt they’d close the ride until the rest of Marvel Land is open, as it would make WDSP even less attractive, especially without RnRC. Might as well open the rest of the land, then take ToT out of action. The Anaheim re-theme only took a few short months, but judging by the speed of construction in the French parks, it would probably take longer at DLP.

Indy_UK

I think eventually it will go to mission breakout but they'll wait until at least all of the WDS expansion is complete i reckon

cjkeating

Personally I'd rather they use the money to either build a new attraction or improve the placemaking of WDSP.

With TOT being such an icon of the park which is visible from across Disneyland Paris and very prominent at the entrance of WDSP I think MB would be even more out of place than it is at DCA.

peep

Mission Breakout really is a better ride experience but I agree that the exterior would make it stick out like a sore thumb. So I'm a little torn and don't mind either way.

Jon81uk

Mission Breakout is possibily harder to make multi-lingual for Paris though, if you haven't seen the Guardians films and can't understand the pre-show its not going to make a lot of sense.
Tower of Terror is a spooky lift even if you don't understand the pre-show narration.

Toni25

Have you guys seen this concept revealed on twitter for the Spider-Man ride in California?
The layout and ride are said to be the same for Paris...what do you guys think of this and those interesting vehicles...they seem to have a screen....maybe for cool 3D Effects?

Attachments

• Slingshot.png
    Slingshot.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 197

AndyS2992

The default at the moment is that the pre show and the in ride narration is in French. However, they have a few rides an hour in which are all in English and if there is enough of you on the ride that require English they have been known to turn on the English narration for that particular ride (or at least that's what's happened in my experience). So I can't see why they couldn't do similar for a Guardians re-theme.

My personal preference (for both WDW and DLP) would be to leave well alone, but that's because it's one of my favourite rides.
How ToT Paris seems to work is elevators 1 and 2 are French and elevator 3 (far right) is English. I'm pretty sure the pre show video in the library alternates as I'm sure I've seen it in French (English subs) and English (with french subs)

AndyS2992

The cast members select the language for the preshow and main ride.
You sure? The last trip we rode it I'd say 7 times, when we were put in the far right one it was English all three times and the other two elevators were always French. And definitely one of those times I'm sure we were the only two English people on it. Seems odd they'd change it to English for just two people when everyone else was French. @marni1971 might know the configuration.

Absimilliard

You sure? The last trip we rode it I'd say 7 times, when we were put in the far right one it was English all three times and the other two elevators were always French. And definitely one of those times I'm sure we were the only two English people on it. Seems odd they'd change it to English for just two people when everyone else was French. @marni1971 might know the configuration.

I know a few people who worked on the ride. Every elevator and both preshow room can have the language selected.

Back in the days of Honey I shrunk the kids, the rule was english during the week, french on weekends based on how many foreigners came during the week. But, there are times where we noticed that there were so many french speakers or vice versa, there would be a pause as the language was switched.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom