Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

DLRPBigFan

You guys...this is my opinion when it comes to adding new attractions to Disneyland Park Paris:

1. FRONTIERLAND needs either a SPLASH themed to POCAHONTAS or the classic CRITTER COUNTRY splash, anything themed to the old west. Or maybe even a RAGING RAPIDS type ride themed to THE GRAND CANYON. (I am kind of oversaturated with Intelectual Properties, I like timeless original rides not tied to movies.)
-The "cold climate, water rides not possible" is a bullsh*t excuse. Europa park has water rides. Tokyo Disney has water rides and it has snowy winters...even Efteling has water rides. Disney could definitely make a water based ride.

2. ADVENTURELAND should clearly get the Indiana Jones mini-land, with the EXTENSION of the PERIL COASTER, and the building of the INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE...and have the rides interact like in the original plans.
-Maybe even add a jungle cruise type ride, or add the RAPIDS here, themed to JUNGLE BOOK RIVER RAPIDS. (It can be built beyond the train tracks, it doesn't have to fit into the space of the inner circle of the train.

3. FANTASYLAND should get the castle of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, as the action of the movie takes place in France, with a new E-Ticket ride, maybe even Tangled tower with a new ride...or why not both? Also...WINNIE THE POOH ride?? I agree that Parisian Fantasyland is the best version of all Disney parks...but it could be even better. Just Imagine Beauty and the Beast castle next to Casey Junior train, or the Rapunzel tower...it would be breathtaking.

4. DISCOVERYLAND ....the most neglected and sad part of the park in my opinion. JULES VERNE was french....COME ON!!
They named the park "discoveryland" and not "tomorrowland" for a reason. It should keep it's steampunk retro style.
TRON WOULD BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE!!! (The futuristic ride does NOT fit the theme). Why not use the Tron type ride system, but make it in the style of OLD RETRO ARCADE GAME TRON, the original movie from 1982.
-Or, use the Tron type ride system, but make something inspired by Jules Verne, like JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH.
-Add SOARING themed to AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS with DaVinci type flying machines...again, Jules Verne book.
-DELETE STAR WARS AND TOY STORY CRAP !!! They do NOT fit the theming....uugh, I am so furious with Imagineers not respecting the land theme, it became a patchwork of random stuff thrown together...they should call it PATCHWORKLAND.
-Replace Astro Blasters with something that includes dinosaurs, or time travel, or anything themed to DISCOVERY.

***And finally....why is there no HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE-DAME ride anywhere? It would fit so well in the Studios Park, near Ratatouille...maybe even add a mini Louvre type ride, something original, not themed to a movie, a ride where statues and painting come alive, a lively museum. It would create the perfect Parisian Fantasy area. So many references to France in Disney...but they use none. Heck, Tokyo has a better representation of Jules Verne at DisneySea. Also...EXPEDITION MONT BLANC? or MONT BLANC BOBSLEDS?

PLEASE...if someone here has authority or knows people that work for disney, show them these ideas. They could make the best park in the world if they respected the themes and added these rides over time. It would take maybe even 20 years, but it has to be like this. Aesthetically, and from many points of view, Disneyland Paris could be on the track to become the best Magic Kingdom style park.
It already has the best Fantasyland overall, best Castle, best version of classic Pirates, best version of Thunder Mountain, best version of Space Mountain and debatably the best version of haunted mansion (Phantom Manor).

Calling Discoveryland "Patchworkland" due to "Imagineers not respecting the land theme" and "random stuff thrown together" is a bit naive. So many people, including yourself seem to think that Discoveryland's theme was solely 'Steampunk', it wasn't!

Toni25

Calling Discoveryland "Patchworkland" due to "Imagineers not respecting the land theme" and "random stuff thrown together" is a bit naive. So many people, including yourself seem to think that Discoveryland's theme was solely 'Steampunk', it wasn't!

Steampunk is the aesthetic....clearly not a "theme". The theme is discovery. What does Toy Story and Star Wars have to do with discovery or innovation? Nothing = PATCHWORK.
Why is there not a better representation of Jules Verne? That does seem to be a strong theme.
Also, how would a ultra-futuristic building fit in the area if EVERYTHING is aesthetically steampunk? It would not = Bad theming.
I don't understand where the naivety fits in the narrative.
Am I naive to think that the Imagineers would ever respect the theming of the land? Well that's just sad then.

Ismael Flores

I'm not sure, but as far as I know is the reception of the Mission Breakout in Disneyland not that great.

that's only for many of the die hard Tower of terror fans, The public reception was high and the attraction gets good marks. The attraction always has a steady stream of people queuing up.

The facade is something that has been debated because of the location of the attraction in DCA while most general audience do not have an issue with it and has become a very popular selfie spot

Ismael Flores

Mission Breakout is possibily harder to make multi-lingual for Paris though, if you haven't seen the Guardians films and can't understand the pre-show its not going to make a lot of sense.
Tower of Terror is a spooky lift even if you don't understand the pre-show narration.

there really is not much to the story of MB. and should be easy to explain

1) group of characters get captured and put in an exhibit of a collector.
2) Racoon escapes and needs help feeing his friends.
3) he needs the guests to get into the vault and be the distraction

cjkeating

the Disneyland Paris Railroad 😃

In short the credible rumour regarding the RR is that the track was damaged during the construction of the Frontierland Theatre. The theatre although open isn't actually finished so after the summer the final construction will take place, the decision was made not to start repairs until after the construction is finished in case any further damage is done. Therefore don't expect it to reopen until 2020.

cjkeating

The international parks hardly got a mention... although I don't think D23 is really the right audience for it (as 99% of the attendees are American who visit DL or WDW).

Stevie Amsterdam

Very disapointing...

We as DLP fans have quite a good understanding what is coming our way in the upcoming years right? I don't need D23 to be excited for the new stuff that is coming to WDSP. Sure, details would have been nice but the important announcements have been made 1½ year ago. We get Frozen, Marvel and Star Wars. Other (possible) things, such as new rides, shows or attractions could not be mentioned for a variety of reasons, of which 2 are most likely:

1. They don't want to repeat what happened with Pandora: World of Avatar and SW:GE. Announcing it years in advance and have people waiting for it to be completed before they plan their next visit.
2. The plans for WDSP go all the way up til 2024. There are two more D23 conventions before that so I'm confident that more information will be shared in due time. This was not the time for DLP to shine at D23

Also, don't forget that a lot of what has been discussed at this year's D23 was already presented at D23 2017, such as the Space restaurant, Guardians coaster, MMRR, Ratatouille and Tron. Standing in line for hours - and some overnight - to only hear this... Talking about a disappointment!

ThemeParkTraveller

Tom Corless says there is a yet unannounced Tangled ride coming to WDSP. Any idea where it would go in the park?

Even Rapunzel is getting in on the action with her very own spinner ride, relayed to us by sources as the “Tangled Round Ride”.

fradz

Nah, it will probably be located in the 'forest' area in the big empty space between Frozen Land and the newly relocated Studio tram tour. But this is Tom were talking about here, who's rarely ever right.
If that happens, yes it's there (just behind RC Racer, separated by trees). I've heard it too btw, but was looking at D23 first. The lake area will be nature-focused but with IP shoehorned in (sounds familiar?). This will please mostly girls (+frozen), whereas star wars and marvel are firstly aimed at boys.

As @derklugen mentioned, let's see what brings the IAAPA in Paris, which DLP will be attending.

IMDREW

If that happens, yes it's there (just behind RC Racer, separated by trees). I've heard it too btw, but was looking at D23 first. The lake area will be nature-focused but with IP shoehorned in (sounds familiar?). This will please mostly girls (+frozen), whereas star wars and marvel are firstly aimed at boys.

As @derklugen mentioned, let's see what brings the IAAPA in Paris, which DLP will be attending.
Woah, at the end of the day Studios park will remain all over the place. I’d hoped they’d bring some more cohesiveness to the place. It all sounds so random.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom