Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

AndyS2992

Does anyone think that Disneyland park will be getting any new rides in the future ? Came back yesterday and they should really add to Adventureland, Frontierland and discovery land. Fantasyland is brilliant but the other areas seem to have a little something missing. Though with the addition of the lion king show during the festival Frontierland feels much more used especially the area which is normally quite unused, I wonder if they will carry this on after the festival has finished
Tron Coaster
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad
Indiana Jones Adventure
Moana themed Splash Mountain
Have all been in the running in recent times. Whether we’ll see any of them is another matter.

Toni25

You guys...this is my opinion when it comes to adding new attractions to Disneyland Park Paris:

1. FRONTIERLAND needs either a SPLASH themed to POCAHONTAS or the classic CRITTER COUNTRY splash, anything themed to the old west. Or maybe even a RAGING RAPIDS type ride themed to THE GRAND CANYON. (I am kind of oversaturated with Intelectual Properties, I like timeless original rides not tied to movies.)
-The "cold climate, water rides not possible" is a bullsh*t excuse. Europa park has water rides. Tokyo Disney has water rides and it has snowy winters...even Efteling has water rides. Disney could definitely make a water based ride.

2. ADVENTURELAND should clearly get the Indiana Jones mini-land, with the EXTENSION of the PERIL COASTER, and the building of the INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE...and have the rides interact like in the original plans.
-Maybe even add a jungle cruise type ride, or add the RAPIDS here, themed to JUNGLE BOOK RIVER RAPIDS. (It can be built beyond the train tracks, it doesn't have to fit into the space of the inner circle of the train.

3. FANTASYLAND should get the castle of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, as the action of the movie takes place in France, with a new E-Ticket ride, maybe even Tangled tower with a new ride...or why not both? Also...WINNIE THE POOH ride?? I agree that Parisian Fantasyland is the best version of all Disney parks...but it could be even better. Just Imagine Beauty and the Beast castle next to Casey Junior train, or the Rapunzel tower...it would be breathtaking.

4. DISCOVERYLAND ....the most neglected and sad part of the park in my opinion. JULES VERNE was french....COME ON!!
They named the park "discoveryland" and not "tomorrowland" for a reason. It should keep it's steampunk retro style.
TRON WOULD BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE!!! (The futuristic ride does NOT fit the theme). Why not use the Tron type ride system, but make it in the style of OLD RETRO ARCADE GAME TRON, the original movie from 1982.
-Or, use the Tron type ride system, but make something inspired by Jules Verne, like JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH.
-Add SOARING themed to AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS with DaVinci type flying machines...again, Jules Verne book.
-DELETE STAR WARS AND TOY STORY CRAP !!! They do NOT fit the theming....uugh, I am so furious with Imagineers not respecting the land theme, it became a patchwork of random stuff thrown together...they should call it PATCHWORKLAND.
-Replace Astro Blasters with something that includes dinosaurs, or time travel, or anything themed to DISCOVERY.

***And finally....why is there no HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE-DAME ride anywhere? It would fit so well in the Studios Park, near Ratatouille...maybe even add a mini Louvre type ride, something original, not themed to a movie, a ride where statues and painting come alive, a lively museum. It would create the perfect Parisian Fantasy area. So many references to France in Disney...but they use none. Heck, Tokyo has a better representation of Jules Verne at DisneySea. Also...EXPEDITION MONT BLANC? or MONT BLANC BOBSLEDS?

PLEASE...if someone here has authority or knows people that work for disney, show them these ideas. They could make the best park in the world if they respected the themes and added these rides over time. It would take maybe even 20 years, but it has to be like this. Aesthetically, and from many points of view, Disneyland Paris could be on the track to become the best Magic Kingdom style park.
It already has the best Fantasyland overall, best Castle, best version of classic Pirates, best version of Thunder Mountain, best version of Space Mountain and debatably the best version of haunted mansion (Phantom Manor).

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

The real question is, if SWGE turns out to be a flop, will we still receive our very own Star Wars land?

I know its very early days yet, and I appreciate people have there theory's as to why the land in Calafornia is dead for the time being. But could Disney back track and change the land to something else, or are we too far gone for that?

Mpurkiss

Anther wondering I have. I have been looking at Disneyland Paris from Ariel maps. Disneyland park doesn’t have much room for expansion as there is a train track going round the whole thing and I but further there are what looks like houses. How would they expand the park without replacing older rides

RunningKoen

The real question is, if SWGE turns out to be a flop, will we still receive our very own Star Wars land?

I know its very early days yet, and I appreciate people have there theory's as to why the land in Calafornia is dead for the time being. But could Disney back track and change the land to something else, or are we too far gone for that?

They will probably bring Rise of the Resistance to the smaller Star Wars land of Paris; it is assumed to be better attraction of the two.

cjkeating

Anther wondering I have. I have been looking at Disneyland Paris from Ariel maps. Disneyland park doesn’t have much room for expansion as there is a train track going round the whole thing and I but further there are what looks like houses. How would they expand the park without replacing older rides

Don't worry, Disneyland Park was designed with multiple expansion pads with most unused or being used for moveable backstage facilities. Off the top of my head there are major pads between Indiana Jones and Pirates, continuing along the path to Casey Junior, in-between Fantasyland/Discoveryland and where Pizza Planet used to be.

There are also smaller pads opposite It's a Small World, behind Buzz Light Year, behind Cowboy Cook Out (currently the little farm village area) and the site where the Indiana Jones coaster is.

If we could time travel to 25 years into the future I would put money on not all of these being used simply because WDSP needs 80% of the attention and the likelihood of eventual 3rd park with hotel expansion.

fradz

There's room alright...

Do we have any dates coming up for announcements or is it D23 next??
D23 is next, then there is a DLP timeslot scheduled in the IAAPA Europe, in Paris, September 16-19.

fradz

Jwhee

Original Poster
So what is confirmed to be leaving/staying at WDS?

Tram Tour and Stunt Show are staying..?

RNRC is leaving?

cjkeating

So what is confirmed to be leaving/staying at WDS?

Tram Tour and Stunt Show are staying..?

RNRC is leaving?

Very little is leaving for the announced expansion.

Animation Academy will reopen for Christmas as Animation Experience featuring Frozen.
Disney Junior Live will reopen date TBC likely featuring an equivalent pre-school friendly show.
Tram Tour is likely closing at the end of the year to lose the Reign of Fire path, get a new entrance and be re-themed to Cars for next summer.
RNRC will reopen as Iron Man, Armaggeddon is demolished to be replaced by the Spiderman attraction.
The Backlot Restraunts will close to be Marvelised.
The Stunt Show car garage is being converted into a Marvel meet and greet area.
The Stunt Show will stay for WDSP expansion but seems a likely space for a Marvel E-ticket as part of a phase 2 expansion.

The boulevard to the lake will be a direct path down from where the current Tram Tour entrance.

Richard

Very little is leaving for the announced expansion.

Animation Academy will reopen for Christmas as Animation Experience featuring Frozen.
Disney Junior Live will reopen date TBC likely featuring an equivalent pre-school friendly show.
Tram Tour is likely closing at the end of the year to lose the Reign of Fire path, get a new entrance and be re-themed to Cars for next summer.
RNRC will reopen as Iron Man, Armaggeddon is demolished to be replaced by the Spiderman attraction.
The Backlot Restraunts will close to be Marvelised.
The Stunt Show car garage is being converted into a Marvel meet and greet area.
The Stunt Show will stay for WDSP expansion but seems a likely space for a Marvel E-ticket as part of a phase 2 expansion.

The boulevard to the lake will be a direct path down from where the current Tram Tour entrance.
So is the Animation Academy yet another of these shows/attractions that just open for a couple of months each year and then stand empty?

cjkeating

So is the Animation Academy yet another of these shows/attractions that just open for a couple of months each year and then stand empty?

Not sure, I hadn't really thought of that... I had assumed it would be permanent like Meet Mickey or Princess Pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom