• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Brummyboy92

What do people expect to see from the remaining budget, and when do we expect to find out? I hear that's there's around 500 million Euros yet to be allocated to specific areas/attractions?

We already know a portion of that will be going to the Village area, 100 Million Euros perhaps? (And that's me being generous).

I think with the remaineder we could realisticly see Splash Mountain and Mickey/Minnie's runaway Railway in Disneyland park, and perhaps Soarin added to the line up of the studios park.

This would in theory make the resort a 3 day destination, and bring it up to the level it needs to be at moving forward.

I still think with all of the above there would be money left over, so maybe general improvements and a few new dining experiences over the two parks. Would be cool if a proper indy attraction/land was added to Adventure land. Keep the coaster for all I care, as well as the dark ride attraction and add some themed dining/shopping. Then again, I'm going from likely predictions to fantasy now. :)

What do people realisticly think we could see the remaining budget spent on, and can we expect news at D23, or closer to the end of the year?

Stevie Amsterdam

Advertisement
What do people expect to see from the remaining budget, and when do we expect to find out? I hear that's there's around 500 million Euros yet to be allocated to specific areas/attractions?

We already know a portion of that will be going to the Village area, 100 Million Euros perhaps? (And that's me being generous).

I think with the remaineder we could realisticly see Splash Mountain and Mickey/Minnie's runaway Railway in Disneyland park, and perhaps Soarin added to the line up of the studios park.

This would in theory make the resort a 3 day destination, and bring it up to the level it needs to be at moving forward.

I still think with all of the above there would be money left over, so maybe general improvements and a few new dining experiences over the two parks. Would be cool if a proper indy attraction/land was added to Adventure land. Keep the coaster for all I care, as well as the dark ride attraction and add some themed dining/shopping. Then again, I'm going from likely predictions to fantasy now. :)

What do people realisticly think we could see the remaining budget spent on, and can we expect news at D23, or closer to the end of the year?
Well, realistically, they will not be able to build Splash Mountain, MMRR and (or) Soarin for 400M euros. 500M wouldn't cut it either. Looking at their latest additions globally, it seems 500M is the standard for a new immersive land + 1 attraction.

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

O, I was being quite optimistic there, lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing Star Tours moved over the SW Land, freeing up a bit of space in Discovery land as well. I could see that happening if Space Mountain goes back to its former glory.

Hey ho, I'm impatient. I imagine we will have a more detailed idea of plans by the end of this year.

BrianLo

I think realistically you will just see Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway in the current budget for DLP.

I think the higher ups and confidence on this attraction is that it is a new 'parks staple' ala Soaring or TSMM.

Mpurkiss

I wonder when the Spider-Man’s Ride is scheduled to be complete and open and how long the rockin rollercoaster overlay is going to take?? Anyone got any ideas?

Brummyboy92

Interesting, I never got the impression that the Princess and the Frog was a big film in Europe.

Saying that, there's a lot they can do with a restaurant themed to it, some great soul food would be a good addition to the resort. The dining is where Paris drops the ball a bit in comparison to the US parks, so some interesting/themed additions would be a good shout.

fradz

Sure, but the rumored location is behind ToT, where everyone was speculating we'd get Soarin, not a table service restaurant..

Top Bottom