Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

orlando678-

The problem with marvel is that it doesn’t feature many settings that would be compelling in a theme park.
I mean depends if you ask me. Settings like Wakanda, San Fransokyo and Asgard are impressive and crazy immersive worlds, the problem is that they limit to one or a few franchises. That's why Disney chooses to create these marvel bases which capture all of their franchises. One option that could work as well is the New York City type setting, but I'm not sure if they'll ever do that

Timothy_Q

The problem with marvel is that it doesn’t feature many settings that would be compelling in a theme park.
That's a cheap excuse.

You can make a NY-themed land for all super heroes to coexist with the same level of detail as American Waterfront.
Instead Disney is taking the easy way out and creating buildings that have no real sense of time or place.

fradz

That was the dreams of many DLP fans when the first marvel rumors came to surface : a New York themed land, which would go in continuation of ToT, and have all the place des stars re-themed to a similar fashion of that of the entry zone at DCA (or American Waterfront if you really wanna dream)

I do agree this is lazy from them, but it will also 100% be a massive upgrade to what's currently there. I try to close my eyes when I walk through Backlot. The rest of the park is not as bad as the reputation it has on international forums, but that part in particular is easily the ugliest zone in any Disney park

Sir_Cliff

The re-routing of Tram Tour is now officially confirmed as DLP submitted a permit to build a new station for the ride.
Why on god's green earth are they bothering to keep the tram tour going? I am very surprised it's not an attraction like the legendary Superstar Limo that causes guest satisfaction scores to go down when it's open.

fradz

Why on god's green earth are they bothering to keep the tram tour going? I am very surprised it's not an attraction like the legendary Superstar Limo that causes guest satisfaction scores to go down when it's open.
They desperately need some capacity while so many rides will be closed for the Marvel re-theme of RnRC, the new spidy ride instead of Armageddon, etc etc

Note that the new route will be mostly Catastrophe Canyon. It might even be slightly themed to Cars

Animaniac93-98

They desperately need some capacity while so many rides will be closed for the Marvel re-theme of RnRC, the new spidy ride instead of Armageddon, etc etc

Note that the new route will be mostly Catastrophe Canyon. It might even be slightly themed to Cars

So will the new Spidy ride take up the space of the Reign of Fire scene as well as Armageddon?

Thebolt

It looks to me that the tram tour re-route is a temporary bodge whilst they work on getting something new built to allow it to go.
Its a relatively cheap job to lay new tarmac, and move the queue line . Hopefully they will manage to line the new route with some new features.... Endor with ewoks would be a nice filler in the forest.
Some refurb work on Catastrophe Canyon is needed though.... the scene looks faded and worn these days.

cjkeating

It looks to me that the tram tour re-route is a temporary bodge whilst they work on getting something new built to allow it to go.
Its a relatively cheap job to lay new tarmac, and move the queue line . Hopefully they will manage to line the new route with some new features.... Endor with ewoks would be a nice filler in the forest.
Some refurb work on Catastrophe Canyon is needed though.... the scene looks faded and worn these days.

Catastrophe Canyon was fully refurbished for the 25th... I don’t remember exactly when I last rode Tram Tour but I thought it looked in good condition last year?

remy62

Appointment on April 12 for maybe some news and details about the extension (Event insidears).

The blueprints of Marvel Land will be made public to April or May, with new details on the Spiderman attraction and the Ironman/Avengers Coaster.
Construction will begin in early September (for Marvel Land).
The demolition of the Armageddon building will begin a few weeks after its closure on April 1. (When the building permit is granted.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom