• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

cjkeating

It looks to me that the tram tour re-route is a temporary bodge whilst they work on getting something new built to allow it to go.
Its a relatively cheap job to lay new tarmac, and move the queue line . Hopefully they will manage to line the new route with some new features.... Endor with ewoks would be a nice filler in the forest.
Some refurb work on Catastrophe Canyon is needed though.... the scene looks faded and worn these days.
Catastrophe Canyon was fully refurbished for the 25th... I don’t remember exactly when I last rode Tram Tour but I thought it looked in good condition last year?

remy62

Appointment on April 12 for maybe some news and details about the extension (Event insidears).

The blueprints of Marvel Land will be made public to April or May, with new details on the Spiderman attraction and the Ironman/Avengers Coaster.
Construction will begin in early September (for Marvel Land).
The demolition of the Armageddon building will begin a few weeks after its closure on April 1. (When the building permit is granted.)

Last edited:

IMDREW

Don’t know! Found it on Google. Read somewhere it was a first concept for Disneyland or Tokyo Disneyland. It’s from an imagineering book.

rickreptile

DLP could use a water ride for the spring, summer, autumm period and then use the winter period for maintenance, it's something other european parks also do that are open for most/entire year

IMDREW

DLP could use a water ride for the spring, summer, autumm period and then use the winter period for maintenance, it's something other european parks also do that are open for most/entire year
I just did Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland in heart of winter and it was awesome! Water rides don't need to close during cold season IMO. If they can adjust the ride so riders won't get wet it can work brilliantly!

deix15x8

I just did Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland in heart of winter and it was awesome! Water rides don't need to close during cold season IMO. If they can adjust the ride so riders won't get wet it can work brilliantly!
and most of the splash from Splash Mountain seems to come from the water jets that make the splash look much bigger than it really is. I'm sure they could turn those off or redirect them to reduce how wet people get. I'd assume they would need to install heaters in areas of the ride though to keep water from freezing on the various components.

fradz

Announcements are expected during the event on the 12th of April.
Quoting myself so you don't have to wait until the 12th of April. Expected announcements:
  • New Frozen Show in Art of Animation building. Expected to be ready for Christmas season. Potentially with M&Gs.
  • Disney Junior Live On Stage will receive modifications to host a new kids' show, expected to debut sometime in 2020
Maybe more.

Quoting myself so you don't have to wait until the 12th of April. Expected announcements:
  • New Frozen Show in Art of Animation building. Expected to be ready for Christmas season. Potentially with M&Gs.
  • Disney Junior Live On Stage will receive modifications to host a new kids' show, expected to debut sometime in 2020
Maybe more.
Whats the kids show replacing Disney junior?

remy62

fradz,

And probably some news about Marvel Land.
Armageddon closes 12 days before, without official knowledge of what it will be replaced (DCA Spiderman).
And the date coincides with the validation of the building permit and the publication of the blueprints.

Top Bottom