• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Yeah and lots of guests from neighboring countries aren’t really aware of the Studios as a separate park. Most of the people I know (casual visitors) see it as one park. People still call the resort Eurodisney. If they introduce a fitting name with this expansion, I suppose they won’t really have to deal with a lot of issues with the current names.

IMDREW

Is there any chance of Tokyo’s new BatB ride coming to DLP with this expansion? I know a BatB ride was always planned in fantasyland and seeing the new behind the scenes video I really want it to come!

Is there any chance of Tokyo’s new BatB ride coming to DLP with this expansion? I know a BatB ride was always planned in fantasyland and seeing the new behind the scenes video I really want it to come!
Looking at OLC's press releases, they most likely negotiated an exclusivity clause for their upcoming attractions.

cheezbat

Name change for Walt Disney Studios? I think the name still fits for a park about riding the movies. If they dare remove the ear tower like they did at DHS then I will be very angry. I love it.
Be prepared in future years to be upset then. When I visited this summer, I overheard an Imagineer mentioning the plan to eventually redo the entire entrance area and remove the ear tower...just like in DHS.

Be prepared in future years to be upset then. When I visited this summer, I overheard an Imagineer mentioning the plan to eventually redo the entire entrance area and remove the ear tower...just like in DHS.
We should be so lucky.

The park really needs a redesigned entrance like DCA got, but there has been zero mention of it anywhere

Front Lot is probably second only to Place to Remy in terms of cohesive theme. I don't think they would gain much be redesigning it?
If by cohesive you mean it all looks like a parking lot, I agree.

WDS deserves an entrance in the same level as Buena Vista Street, Main Street and Hollywood Blvd, where all buildings work together to transport you to a specific time and place

WDSP.jpg

Last edited:
They just build a new building for the entertainment departement where you put the storage for the trolleys. There aint gonna be a façade towards the lake because they gonna make a sort of gardens that lead that way.
Plenty of other spots where you can fit the trolley building

"a sort of gardens" = Didn't wanna spend money to actually theme the path

Sir_Cliff

Front Lot is probably second only to Place to Remy in terms of cohesive theme. I don't think they would gain much be redesigning it?
I agree. In fact, WDS actually looks quite nice from the outside right through the Front Lot. It's only when you enter into Soundstage 1 that things begin to fall apart.

I also kind of like the idea of soundstages as something of a berm shielding the rest of the park from view. The idea of walking into an idealised but fairly straightforward old school studio, then passing through a soundstage and entering into the world of the movies could also be quite a clever device if it was better executed.

Of course, I certainly wouldn't object to a Buena Vista Street-scale re-imagining of the whole entry of the park. It wouldn't be my number one priority, though.

Top Bottom