Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

IMDREW

I’m disappointed the Marvel lands aren’t exclusive anymore. Paris and Anaheims will practically be the same. Only Hong Kong’s feels different..

Indy_UK

Do we know what the actual rides will be except for RnR Iron Man overlay?

They won't fit much in that Armageddon building

cheezbat

Name change for Walt Disney Studios? I think the name still fits for a park about riding the movies. If they dare remove the ear tower like they did at DHS then I will be very angry. I love it.
Be prepared in future years to be upset then. When I visited this summer, I overheard an Imagineer mentioning the plan to eventually redo the entire entrance area and remove the ear tower...just like in DHS.

Timothy_Q

Front Lot is probably second only to Place to Remy in terms of cohesive theme. I don't think they would gain much be redesigning it?

If by cohesive you mean it all looks like a parking lot, I agree.

WDS deserves an entrance in the same level as Buena Vista Street, Main Street and Hollywood Blvd, where all buildings work together to transport you to a specific time and place

WDSP.jpg

Last edited:

illdann

RED - building facades
YELLOW - Trolley tracks + storage
They just build a new building for the entertainment departement where you put the storage for the trolleys. There aint gonna be a façade towards the lake because they gonna make a sort of gardens that lead that way.

Timothy_Q

They just build a new building for the entertainment departement where you put the storage for the trolleys. There aint gonna be a façade towards the lake because they gonna make a sort of gardens that lead that way.
Plenty of other spots where you can fit the trolley building

"a sort of gardens" = Didn't wanna spend money to actually theme the path

Sir_Cliff

Front Lot is probably second only to Place to Remy in terms of cohesive theme. I don't think they would gain much be redesigning it?
I agree. In fact, WDS actually looks quite nice from the outside right through the Front Lot. It's only when you enter into Soundstage 1 that things begin to fall apart.

I also kind of like the idea of soundstages as something of a berm shielding the rest of the park from view. The idea of walking into an idealised but fairly straightforward old school studio, then passing through a soundstage and entering into the world of the movies could also be quite a clever device if it was better executed.

Of course, I certainly wouldn't object to a Buena Vista Street-scale re-imagining of the whole entry of the park. It wouldn't be my number one priority, though.

Robert.W

I remember reading a piece from a shareholders meeting (a pretty long time ago now), that mentionaed the redevelopment of the Front Lot area. At that time the plans seemed to be the redevelopment of the Front Lot into a sort of street / square, and if I’m remembering correctly, might have been called “Hyperion Street” or something along those lines. The Studio 1 building would have had some modifications to make it look more authentic on the outside, whilst having upgrades on all the interior set pieces to create a proper indoor entrance street into the park.

illdann

Plenty of other spots where you can fit the trolley building

"a sort of gardens" = Didn't wanna spend money to actually theme the path
Like the fantasia gardens that we have that leads you towards Disneyland park. Believe me that it is really what this parks need. I probally wanna see them spend that money in to the new areas they gonna create.

fradz

I remember reading a piece from a shareholders meeting (a pretty long time ago now), that mentionaed the redevelopment of the Front Lot area. At that time the plans seemed to be the redevelopment of the Front Lot into a sort of street / square, and if I’m remembering correctly, might have been called “Hyperion Street” or something along those lines. The Studio 1 building would have had some modifications to make it look more authentic on the outside, whilst having upgrades on all the interior set pieces to create a proper indoor entrance street into the park.
Yes, there were rumors about re-doing the placemaking of the current hub (where the Partners are) + "La Place des Stars" (the square between former Cinémagique, Stitch Live and ToT, left of the hub). I just stopped hearing about them a little before the huge announcement of February this year.

peep

I think Front Lot is perfect, it transports you to the early Walt Disney Studio days.

Once inside Studio 1 things get a bit messy though, that place was not designed for large crowds. I think the shop is a little redundant (seeing as the shop in Front lot basically sells the same items) and the restaurant while having a decent amount of seating just eats up too much space. In a better designed park the inside of Studio 1 would just be a bunch of different sets but with plenty of crowd walkways and Art of Animation was a themed quick counter restaurant.

Indy_UK

After reading ED92s list on twitter I'll admit that this Marvel land does sound a tad disappointing.

Spider-Man going into Armageddon? They'll really need to build that out and put a proper ride in. Ant-man is just an eatery?

Dont get me wrong, bulk it out with character shows / meet and greets and it will be a fun little land but I think Marvel deserves as much money thrown at it as Star Wars

cjkeating

After reading ED92s list on twitter I'll admit that this Marvel land does sound a tad disappointing.

Spider-Man going into Armageddon? They'll really need to build that out and put a proper ride in. Ant-man is just an eatery?

Dont get me wrong, bulk it out with character shows / meet and greets and it will be a fun little land but I think Marvel deserves as much money thrown at it as Star Wars

The money being spent on Star Wars is a once in a generation expenditure, the modus operandi for Marvel seems to be 'repurpose' as seen in every park getting Marvel attractions so far.

I would say Paris is on par with what is happening in California and Hong Kong, HK feels ahead because they have already announced their mega E-ticket which will likely follow at California and then finally Paris after all of the announced WDSP expansion is complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom