• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Here's how SWL would look, if they ever decide to build the rest of it.

Pink is where the second entrance path would be, if it follows the other 2 SWLs.

They're left with this area in red, which could be a completely new land

View attachment 324839
Yup! Although what you'd eventually see is the village area further reconfigured to connect properly with a portion of the ring entrance. Green would be how they would re-imagine and displace the village Orange is an expansion for a third attraction, a similar location available to both DL and DHS. For fun the Blue would be an obvious boutique hotel location.

It goes without saying the Disneyland form factor is thrown out the window, they are already building a different setup and facade. WDS Expansion 3.jpg

Could the red facility everyone is talking about just be a Rivers of Light esque seating area for the lagoon show? It seems to have that form factor.

This expansion really needed something build at the 8 o'clock pad... I hope that is forthcoming for the sake of balance. Maybe even just a temporary store/restaraunt. It seems like such a long gap.

Yup! Although what you'd eventually see is the village area further reconfigured to connect properly with a portion of the ring entrance. Green would be how they would re-imagine and displace the village Orange is an expansion for a third attraction, a similar location available to both DL and DHS. For fun the Blue would be an obvious boutique hotel location.

It goes without saying the Disneyland form factor is thrown out the window, they are already building a different setup and facade. View attachment 324989
I thought the expansion pad at DHS was in the berm, near where your green arrow is.

Yes, I'm sure it will feel appropriate and nice. But that original concept art is kind of misleading.

The only reason to have a boat in the middle of that lake would be to have some sort of up-charge 'dine on a yatch at WDS' option.

View attachment 324947
You may not need boats, but the plan seems to show a couple of boat docks.

I think this concept art shows the white fountains @MisterPenguin is referring to.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Most definetely yes, D. Wilson from Imagineering re-confirmed that there would be shows on the lake in the article of Le Parisien. Tom Fitzerald had already confirmed it in the past.
Yes, we pretty much knew that would be the case. But the first artist's concept had fountains scattered about the lake. This new map shows fountains in a circle. So, was wondering which was more accurate.

BrianLo

I thought the expansion pad at DHS was in the berm, near where your green arrow is.
Correct, however there is a secondary expansion space that is shared with DL (the space against Toontown). I guess it kind of depends on who pulls the trigger first (DL or DHS) - DHS could receive two expansions if needed/desired.

Or of course none, we've learned expansion pads rarely are followed through on a timely manner.

Top Bottom