Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

BrianLo

Here's how SWL would look, if they ever decide to build the rest of it.

Pink is where the second entrance path would be, if it follows the other 2 SWLs.

They're left with this area in red, which could be a completely new land

View attachment 324839

Yup! Although what you'd eventually see is the village area further reconfigured to connect properly with a portion of the ring entrance. Green would be how they would re-imagine and displace the village Orange is an expansion for a third attraction, a similar location available to both DL and DHS. For fun the Blue would be an obvious boutique hotel location.

It goes without saying the Disneyland form factor is thrown out the window, they are already building a different setup and facade.
WDS Expansion 3.jpg

BrianLo

Could the red facility everyone is talking about just be a Rivers of Light esque seating area for the lagoon show? It seems to have that form factor.

This expansion really needed something build at the 8 o'clock pad... I hope that is forthcoming for the sake of balance. Maybe even just a temporary store/restaraunt. It seems like such a long gap.

TiggerDad

Yes, I'm sure it will feel appropriate and nice. But that original concept art is kind of misleading.

The only reason to have a boat in the middle of that lake would be to have some sort of up-charge 'dine on a yatch at WDS' option.

View attachment 324947
You may not need boats, but the plan seems to show a couple of boat docks.

I think this concept art shows the white fountains @MisterPenguin is referring to.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Most definetely yes, D. Wilson from Imagineering re-confirmed that there would be shows on the lake in the article of Le Parisien. Tom Fitzerald had already confirmed it in the past.

Yes, we pretty much knew that would be the case. But the first artist's concept had fountains scattered about the lake. This new map shows fountains in a circle. So, was wondering which was more accurate.

croboy82

I'm still a bit sad we are not getting the full Starwars Land but it's really nice to see how much space is left in the whole area for expansions and even more other lands. I just it was all already built haha.

BrianLo

I thought the expansion pad at DHS was in the berm, near where your green arrow is.

Correct, however there is a secondary expansion space that is shared with DL (the space against Toontown). I guess it kind of depends on who pulls the trigger first (DL or DHS) - DHS could receive two expansions if needed/desired.

Or of course none, we've learned expansion pads rarely are followed through on a timely manner.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The initial Galaxys Edge will be 1 attraction, Rise of the Resistance, with the option to expand later on, they have not indicated yet how much of the land itself is going to be built for the first phase.

RunningKoen

The initial Galaxys Edge will be 1 attraction, Rise of the Resistance, with the option to expand later on, they have not indicated yet how much of the land itself is going to be built for the first phase.

I'm 99% sure there will a gift shop, restaurant and meet and greet option there. Same for Frozen Land and Marvel Land.
All a area 'needs' is a combination of these 4 things (ride, meet and spent your money options) in the same style to be seen as a land.

Edit: Too lazy to scroll back and quote. But somewhere above, someone said that 'all marvel land is, is a retheme of the coaster'. That is enough, if they throw in the things mentioned above. And I think they already have some of that, or plans for that.

Last edited:

fradz

I'm sorry but i believe Disney are taking the perverbial biscuit with this a little. They are committed to investing in the area, yet produce this long drawn out affair.

1) A time scale of over 6 years. This is slow. Slow even for Disney standards. In my opinion the time scale falls on the wrong side of Disney having to invest in the parks many many years ago as part of the deal in getting the land.

2) It appears we won't be getting an Marvel Land at all in the true sense. The idea they are just going reskin 'rock n roll coaster' to a Avengers theme and hey presto present it as a new attraction and signs of investment is again taking the perverbial biscuit. Rethemeing an existing ride, adding a restaurant and putting character meet and greets into the land doesn't constitute a new land or huge investment.

3) By all accounts it doesn't appear to be a full Star Wars land either.

4) Very little information on Ardele. Again any attraction or just more meet and greets?

For me, these upgrades are way short of the upgrades and investment Disney promised the city of Paris as part of their deal. For me the biggest gripe is the time line.
That's a little extreme of an opinon.

1) It should normally be finalized before that
2) There's also going to be a Spiderman shooter (clone of DCA) instead of Armageddon
3) Probably not, only the Rise of Resistance in the first phase + shop, restaurant and M&G
4) Same, 1 ride, shop, restaurant, M&G.

And finally, it has absolutely nothig to do with the city of Paris. The only actors at stake regarding "deals" are the local actors and the french government. Have you ever even been to the parks there?? It's 35km (=20 miles) away from the city center

RunningKoen

Disneyland Marne La Vallee is -a bit- harder to use for Disney's PR department :) For most some Americans, it's hard enough to pinpoint Paris on a global map. Or recognise it as the capital of France.

I'm not an expert with French Government, but I think that Disneyland Paris isn't even under the jurisdiction of Paris, but from the city/department left of Paris.

fradz

Disneyland Marne La Vallee is -a bit- harder to use for Disney's PR department :) For most some Americans, it's hard enough to pinpoint Paris on a global map. Or recognise it as the capital of France.

I'm not an expert with French Government, but I think that Disneyland Paris isn't even under the jurisdiction of Paris, but from the city/department left of Paris.
Yeah haha, it's in Seine & Marne, but we're derailing a bit

Animaniac93-98

That's a little extreme of an opinon.

1) It should normally be finalized before that
2) There's also going to be a Spiderman shooter (clone of DCA) instead of Armageddon
3) Probably not, only the Rise of Resistance in the first phase + shop, restaurant and M&G
4) Same, 1 ride, shop, restaurant, M&G.

And finally, it has absolutely nothig to do with the city of Paris. The only actors at stake regarding "deals" are the local actors and the french government. Have you ever even been to the parks there?? It's 35km (=20 miles) away from the city center

Is Lights, Motors, Action! also being replaced by a Marvel ride or show?

fradz

Last I heard there would be new props and new technical elements, but I can't confirm if it's totally re-themed to Marvel. It would make sense though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom