Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

BrianLo

Is there an official source or reliable insider for this information, or, is it presumed from what is happening?

I'm reliably sure this indeed true. That doesn't mean a group won't get cold feet and go for a copied attraction somewhere down the line for the sake of cost savings... but this is being driven both by internal factors and external factors.

External: HK Gov is demanding unique attractions, OLC is not interested at this current time-point. Dis is trying to avoid selling Shanghai on projects at HK. WDW is limited by external licensing factors.

But WDSP and DCA will also receive unique attractions, more importantly from one another. That's the internal preference of the team behind the Marvel portfolio. To make a mini theme park universe that resorts, not just parks.

Here's an actual reliable source: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-will-wdw-fit-into-the-marvel-theme-park-universe.927552/

fradz

Im maybe in the wrong thread but that Castle stage in DLRP is an eyesore yikes......(talk about the budget that went through WDSP expansion) yikes.
It is very ugly, yes. But the reason is because Catherine Powell surprised everyone, including her entire Paris team, by announcing a "Princesses & Pirates" 2nd season. There was no budget or time allocated for this season, so there were some cost cutting for some elements of other seasons (Halloween Castle Stage for example, has been impacted and is mainly using older elements of other seasons, put together in this ugly patchwork)

atjimfromdisney

It is very ugly, yes. But the reason is because Catherine Powell surprised everyone, including her entire Paris team, by announcing a "Princesses & Pirates" 2nd season. There was no budget or time allocated for this season, so there were some cost cutting for some elements of other seasons (Halloween Castle Stage for example, has been impacted and is mainly using older elements of other seasons, put together in this ugly patchwork)

Hoping the rest of Halloween season isn't getting the same treatment..

fradz

Some news from a source with a good track record, so I trust him but the news are quite shocking:
  • The "multi year" expansion is actually laid out in the 3 following phases:
    • 1st: All 3 lands open at the same time (and the "3" are not including Marvel. What does he mean by that, I'm not sure. Could be the "Lake" land?)
    • 2nd: 1 ride +territory development
    • 3rd: 1 ride
  • Philippe Gas is coming back. Yes, you read that right.
  • Disney village plan is, as I've already said before, finalized. Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show is not going to survive the transformation.
  • The new hotel should be ready by 2024.
  • A new large outdoor show will debut in the Parc Disneyland (no timeline indication though)
  • Philharmagic will be "disgusting" (that can mean 2 radically different things in French, but I don't think it's the good one here. Probably will be just a simple movie projection?)
  • The Halloween and Christmas seasons should be great. (Well hopefully he doesn't mean the castle stage because that's a failure).

fradz

I'm double posting because I want to expand a bit on the first part of my previous post, and the reasoning behind it:

This source has, since the very beginning, mentioned that the strategy was similar to when you open a new park. The expansion is so massive that they are basically opening a 2nd WDSP. This means that the pricing will drastically change, as they intend that people finally consider both parks as "at least 1-day per park".
Currently, you would typically spend a third of your stay at the resort in WDSP, and 2 third in Parc Disneyland. Some people would skip WDSP entirely.
They want to make it clear that if park-hopping would still be in your plans, you would pay a hefty price. Thus expect a major change in the ticketing offerings when this "new park" opens.

fTs

• A new large outdoor show will debut in the Parc Disneyland (no timeline indication though)

Could this be Fantasmic? I would have thought a new outdoor show would come to WDSP since the concept art kind of shows seating/viewing areas around the lake.

shortstop

• 1st: All 3 lands open at the same time (and the "3" are not including Marvel. What does he mean by that, I'm not sure. Could be the "Lake" land?)
Are you saying the new lands won’t open with all of their rides? Or are the 2nd and 3rd phases different from the lake expansion?

fTs

Are all these phases just related to WDSP, if so maybe these other rides could be the ride behind tower of terror, or alien swirling saucers.

Or it could refer to the ones in DLP..

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Really surprised ToT made the cut without a planned re-themed. I'm not surprised that absolutely every ******* land is going to be based on an IP

fradz

Omg!! Is it really happening? But I thought it wouldn’t open till after the holiday season? Would be so bumped if it’s only for a meet and greet 😞
It's not a confirmation that this is happening, but it's certainly not pointing in the other direction. It would be an overlay during the holiday season, just not this one.

AndyS2992

If that’s hinting at Nightmare before Christmas moving in then they can get stuffed. I’d rather a unique overlay in which the house is done up Christmas but in a creepy fashion of course with new Christmas soundtrack and such so it’s still Phantom Manor but Christmas.. like Small World Holiday.. Haunted Mansion Holiday is too much and is a completely different ride to me.

D231016

Some news from a source with a good track record, so I trust him but the news are quite shocking:
  • The "multi year" expansion is actually laid out in the 3 following phases:
  • Philippe Gas is coming back. Yes, you read that right.
  • Disney village plan is, as I've already said before, finalized. Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show is not going to survive the transformation.
  • The new hotel should be ready by 2024.
  • Philharmagic will be "disgusting" (that can mean 2 radically different things in French, but I don't think it's the good one here. Probably will be just a simple movie projection?)
  • The Halloween and Christmas seasons should be great. (Well hopefully he doesn't mean the castle stage because that's a failure).
Philippe Gas is leaving Shanghai? When will that happen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom