Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Robbiem

Id like to see Indy added to the studios, it would be a good fit as a mini Adventureland for the park. Disneyland could then have the moana ride, maybe using priates tech from shanghai rather than splash to suit the colder climate

Sir_Cliff

In addition, it being a water ride would likely decrease its popularity during the colder months, if not close the ride completely during adverse weather (snow).
I checked out of curiosity what Efteling here in the Netherlands does with its water rides (apparently a rapids ride and water coaster), and it seems they close them during winter months. Other parks like Phatasialand and Europa Park in Germany, of course, close entirely for most of the winter.

Must admit that I'm still sceptical about the wisdom of any new e-ticket being a flume or rapids ride. I'm sure it would be super popular during summers like the one we just had in Europe, but my experience is that people in Europe take staying warm in winter fairly seriously! Maybe the Japanese are more blasé about getting wet during winter, but I just can't imagine many Europeans finding the prospect of going on something like Splash Mountain let alone a rapids ride at all appealing for at least three months out of the year. For that reason it just wouldn't make much sense for Disney to drop $100 million+ on something that isn't going to be a draw for a significant chunk of the year when they want DLP to be a year-round resort.

fradz

SPOILERS FOR PHANTOM MANOR AHEAD, PLEASE SCROLL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

---------------------------

For those still reading, please don't quote contents of this message so you don't spoil people, thanks.
In the stretching room: new paintings. No more cast members inside it. Speech in both French and English.
The big staircase scene has been redesigned. It is unknown if the Mélanie animatronic is still there
The Spiritism room is also redesigned and Leota will be flying + new mapping
The ball room will have new special effects
The Phantom Canyon room is entirely new with mapping, smoke effects and new animatronics
There is a new scene with the mirrors
ALL animatronics and theming will have been refurbished
New sound system, new lightning, more use of that particular painting that is bright in the dark (you know which one I mean, I can't quite put the name on it)
New Doombuggies (ride vehicles) for enhanced comfort
WDI is still thinking about integrating Jack (nightmare before Christmas) / holidays overlays or not

Thanks to MarryPoppinsInLove for the infos

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
SPOILERS FOR PHANTOM MANOR AHEAD, PLEASE SCROLL QUICKLY IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

---------------------------

For those still reading, please don't quote this message so you don't spoil people, thanks.

Thanks to MarryPoppinsInLove for the infos

Hi! We have spoiler tags on this forum.

1. Highlight the text you want to put in a spoiler, then....

1536453519237.png

3. Put in an optional title for your spoiler. If no title, it will show up like this...

He was dead the whole time!!!

4. Clicking on it reveals the spoiler.

Just an FYI! :)

Den Carter

Some more information was recently released about the upcoming Walt Disney Studios Park expansion, including details on the size of each of the new themed areas, the lake and the total expansion size including backstage areas.

Waiting for someone with a lot more skill, spatial awareness and knowledge than me to work out some practical comparisons, like how big Star Wars is compared to DHS and DLR, how big WDSP will be in comparison with Parc, etc... 🤪

ThemeParkTraveller

Waiting for someone with a lot more skill, spatial awareness and knowledge than me to work out some practical comparisons, like how big Star Wars is compared to DHS and DLR, how big WDSP will be in comparison with Parc, etc... 🤪

19,000 square meters for Star Wars Land is 4.7 acres. The Star Wars Land at DL and DHS is 14 acres in comparison. This means it's probably true that WDSP is only getting Battle Escape and not Millennium Falcon as well.

9,800 square meters for Frozen Land is 2.4 acres. The size of the Frozen Land expansion pad at HKDL is about 4.5 acres in comparison. This would make it less probable for WDSP to also be getting the sleigh-themed family coaster in addition to Frozen Ever After.

Adding 31 hectares (76.6 acres) of space to WDSP will make it slightly bigger than DLP. From what I gather, DLP is currently 126 acres while WDSP is 62 acres. (https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140401/17257/numbers-comparison-disneys-theme-parks)

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Is the floor space for SW and Frozen the size of the show buildings and not the entire land? That is how I read the ED92 tweet.

I'm not completely sure, but it would seem odd to list only the size of the show buildings and not the entirety of the respective new lands in that announcement. I'm also concurrently following the construction of the new land(s) at TDR, and there they have distinguished between building area (total area of all shops, restaurants, rides, etc.) and floor area (a larger total which includes all guest accessible areas including pathways).

UpAllNight

Maybe not. Marvel has been adamant that each park have unique experiences, not franchised across all resorts. So I would have been surprised if they cloned GotG:MB from DCA.

Still plenty of options...Doctor strange being one.

I’m not really complaining I just find it an unlikely decision from zdisney given how close it is to Marvel and the fact it looks like it’ll Tower over Marvel land

BrianLo

Doesn’t make sense to half-bake Frozen either, yet it got a reskin of a 30 year old incredibly short and small ride. And now they’re cloning it in 2 other parks.

Sense has nothing to do with Disney’s decision making

There is reason to suspect it's not a clone. Perhaps more along the lines of Space Rangers Spin to Astro Blasters (or standard Pan to Shanghai's Pan) than a new ride entirely, but things will be changed. Particularly the ride system.

fradz

There is reason to suspect it's not a clone. Perhaps more along the lines of Space Rangers Spin to Astro Blasters (or standard Pan to Shanghai's Pan) than a new ride entirely, but things will be changed. Particularly the ride system.
This exactly. Also, should have a second ride (coaster)
Still plenty of options...Doctor strange being one.
Doctor Strange would not be the main character for one of the WDSP rides, from what I've heard. Iron Man will be for RnRC, while the Arma building would house the interactive dark ride themed to Spiderman

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom