Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

IMDREW

I think fantasmic would be a too expensive show to run at DLP right now. With all the effects, fireworks and castmembers it requires. A world of color would be perfect for DLP and easy to make special versions for hollidays and special events.

Timothy_Q

Considering the setup of the lake, a show that works from all sides would be ideal.

World of Color is great, but it works only from a very small section of the already small viewing area

RunningKoen

I think it will be a fireshow like illuminations, otherwise there wont be a lot of space to view. And a 360 view will help the lake become a central hub. DLP can have the big castle projection show, let WDS have something else

Indy_UK

I have a bad feeling this nighttime show for studios park, will end up being similar to the show that Epcot is going to be updated to. If theres a lot of projection mapping involved, they can change the projections and have a 'different show'

wdrive

I do wonder if they'll build the Alien Swirling Saucers as seen in the concept art.

It's pretty much the exact same ride as the Cars Rally ride and would be placed literally a 20 second walk away.

cjkeating

I do wonder if they'll build the Alien Swirling Saucers as seen in the concept art.

It's pretty much the exact same ride as the Cars Rally ride and would be placed literally a 20 second walk away.

Three thoughts...
1) They are similar but the Cars ride spins whilst the Mater ride sways/whip.
2) MK parks often have very identical spinner attractions.
3) The area between Cars and Nemo is a bottle neck so with increased attendance the ride could need to be removed to improve guest flow.

Indy_UK

I'm still surprised they didn't want to change ToT to Misson breakout like California which is already there where Marvel land is pretty much going.

fradz

I wouldn't expect to see anything until next year.

They have a couple of big refurbishment projects to complete with TOT and Ratatouille before they start closing more attractions.
ToT is not closing during the rehab, it's facade works which will cost 0€ to Disney, as the fault is on the construction company.
They could theoretically start construction on some of the things backstage, but they are not as the permits have not been delivered yet.

I'm still surprised they didn't want to change ToT to Misson breakout like California which is already there where Marvel land is pretty much going.
ToT is largely being used for projections as well in WDSP, so that's also something in favor of keeping it as is currently.

fTs

ToT is not closing during the rehab, it's facade works which will cost 0€ to Disney, as the fault is on the construction company.

Also it may not have been good for disneys court case against the construction company if they also happen to change the theme to GoG at the same time since the construction company could claim Disney are just trying to get them to pay for their retheme and that this was expected.

IMDREW

Will Disney Dreams fireworks ever return? It's so much better than Illuminations IMHO and I had hoped it would return after the 25th anniversary, but haven't heard anything about it..

peep

Will Disney Dreams fireworks ever return? It's so much better than Illuminations IMHO and I had hoped it would return after the 25th anniversary, but haven't heard anything about it..

Unfortunately I think we're stuck with Illuminations for a long time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It is highly unlikely that any historical fireworks package will ever return in any park.

IMDREW

But Disney dreams is like a 1.000 time better than the current one :arghh:! It was so perfect for this particular castle with the beautiful wishing star at the top and the whole story was just so epic.

*rant over :geek:

DLRP NEWS

Some BIG news from a member of Disney Central Plaza forum. Jake Sully is a guy working in french administration and he saw the master plan :
- Marvel : big work on all Backlot building including major expansion.
- Frozen : only one attraction expected, but the plan can always change
- Star Wars : Only Battle Escape, no Faucon Millenium in a first time.
- Around the lake, many restaurant, shops and 2 rides : a big show building and a smaller one
- Frozen area building are twice the size of all building in Norvegian area of EPCOT
AND BIG SURPRISE ! Studio Tram Tour stay !

After those expansion, there will be enough place to build two land like Pandora and Cars Land !

IMDREW

Some BIG news from a member of Disney Central Plaza forum. Jake Sully is a guy working in french administration and he saw the master plan :
- Marvel : big work on all Backlot building including major expansion.
- Frozen : only one attraction expected, but the plan can always change
- Star Wars : Only Battle Escape, no Faucon Millenium in a first time.
- Around the lake, many restaurant, shops and 2 rides : a big show building and a smaller one
- Frozen area building are twice the size of all building in Norvegian area of EPCOT
AND BIG SURPRISE ! Studio Tram Tour stay !

After those expansion, there will be enough place to build two land like Pandora and Cars Land !
Jake Sully is a character from Avatar :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom