Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

Some BIG news from a member of Disney Central Plaza forum. Jake Sully is a guy working in french administration and he saw the master plan :
- Marvel : big work on all Backlot building including major expansion.
- Frozen : only one attraction expected, but the plan can always change
- Star Wars : Only Battle Escape, no Faucon Millenium in a first time.
- Around the lake, many restaurant, shops and 2 rides : a big show building and a smaller one
- Frozen area building are twice the size of all building in Norvegian area of EPCOT
AND BIG SURPRISE ! Studio Tram Tour stay !

After those expansion, there will be enough place to build two land like Pandora and Cars Land !
I've read the thread where this is mentionned. I feel like you are losing things in translation. I will write down what I understood from his mysterious posts, please of course always take everything with a grain of salt until any official announcement:

• His first post was "Elsa is stronger than Rey, but both will be on a diet". Which would mean Frozen will open before SWGE, but both are smaller in the initial phase (he later developped that this is how it should be read).
  • Millenium Falcon would be scraped initially, and the land would be basically only the Battle Escape showbuilding + bit of theming + some misc buildings around (likely 1 restaurant & 1 shop)
  • The entire "building footprint" of Frozen Land would be twice the size of the entire Norway Pavillon, which he also notes to be slightly larger than DLP's POTC showbuilding.
  • Afterwards, he mentions that between ToT and the lake, there will be a new large ride, with the showbuilding shape being "unusual". Theme unknown.
  • He also mentions that between ToyStoryPlayland and the lake, there will be a smaller ride, which "looks like a carrousel"
  • Talking about TSPL, seems like the Alien Saucers are currently scraped.
  • He believes that Studio Tram Tour will indeed stay, with Reign of Fire being torn down and the station will be moved to the right side of the park (until further expansion takes place)
  • Lastly, regarding Marvel, he mentions that permits for heavy work on the buildings were prepared. That's it.

I could not verify any of the above, I'm just reporting what I read over there.

fTs

AND BIG SURPRISE ! Studio Tram Tour stay !

I did suspect that Studio Tram Tour would stay looking at the render they gave, I initially assumed the building North of Alien Swirling Saucers was the new station with paths to Catastrophe Canyon on the far right.

peep

Hmm, also not a fan of just the one Star Wars attraction coming. Shocked the tram tour will be staying and it sounds like it'll just be the canyon oh and the glorious Dinotopia set. Feels like a waste of money to keep it running but I suppose it keeps the capacity up for the park while the crazy extension is being built.

Indy_UK

I had a feeling at Paris’ Galaxy’s Edge would only be gettine one ride, you can see from the blue sky image that it’s smaller than what’s being currently built.

Bit of an odd one to keep the backlot tour but I’m happy for it to stay if it gets a massive update. Nice to still be able to do things in Paris that can’t be done elsewhere.

Not fussed about Frozen land but the Marvel land is the big one for me. They better not mess that up

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Its weird they are saying the backlot tour is staying as I am sure when they announced this they said the tour was going bye bye to fit everything else in.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The image they showed off of Paris showed only 1 building so it wont be the full version, if it was going to be the full land they would have shown the full land.

Robbiem

Maybe the second star wars ride will be added at a later date if the first area is a hit, it looks like there is a lot of room to put additional stuff

fradz

mickey33

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/07/dlp-walt-disney-studios-latest.html?m=1

Interesting read about WDS expansions. Anyone know if they intend to change the name of the park?

Hello,

the plan that is proposed on this link is a fake, it was created by a fan and posted on a french forum, the person who created it is only based on the few information that leaked but he never saw the true plan of the future of the Walt Disney Studio.
There is no rumor of a name change for the park at this time.

For the lake, it is only a supposition of the fan for its form, nothing confirmed, I repeat, the one who created the plan has never seen the true plan of the extensions. It was reduced following complications to have it validated according to French laws. To be fast. It can really take a long time to validate.
The person who created it only relied on information that leaked.

There is a mystery attraction behind the Tower of Terror. We do not know anything about it. Size is completely invented on the plan.

Alien Swirling Saucers is not necessarily canceled, the extension part does not concern it. So He was deleted by by the fan without any verification.
The carousel is only an assumption of the person who saw the plans. But she did not realize this plan.

For Star Wars Land, the attraction of Battle Escape has been shown but we know for the moment that only one attraction is confirmed. The second could be decided before the construction, we still have time. If it has not been put, it is apparently to validate the extension as quickly as possible with French standards. To have the complete Land of a blow would be longer to validate.

The Tour tram is only there to absorb the Guest during the extension. After He will close.

Cozy Motel Cone is absolutely not planned for the park, he added it on the false plan but it has never been confirmed.
Cars Land is just a rumor, it can be placed in the park, but nothing confirmed. Fans have simply relied on clues on the Concept Art. (Lightning McQueen can be seen at the bottom of the Concept Art)

For Frozen, rumors say that the land will be the size of the Pirates of the Caribbean building at Disneyland Paris, but this has not been respected on the map.
For Marvel, there is very little information, we know nothing about the future of Armageddon (may be a rumored dark ride) or Motor Action.

For Pandora, this is just a rumor, but the whole Land could arrive in the park, there's room, according to the person (Jack Sully on Disney Central Plaza) who saw the plans.

So for now, do not trust this plan ! it's a fake. There are only rumors, People which saw the plans will not disclose them.

Good night.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom