Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

SNS

I'm very curious about the scale of this. I used the Rivers of the Far West as a reference for the size of the lake. The concept art makes it look like the boulevard is about twice the distance between the sorcerer hat and RC Racer, which means the lake would begin once you're past the forest. At this scale you sure reach the backstage areas quickly. Does anyone know what's back there? The heli pads seem fairly close. View attachment 267107

I was looking at that on Google Earth and it looks like there's lots of space at the bottom of this image before they run into any buildings. Not sure how much of the land Disney owns or has recently acquired.

I always wonder what those buildings in the corner of the field are exactly.

Peter Pano

I love how they unload all of their biggest franchises in the studios park, which theming-wise was a lost cause anyway. That way, the beautiful main park will hopefully be spared much of the seemingly inevitable IP invasion and stay the pure and classic castle park it still is. De-hypered Spacemountain already this year is a good start.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Quite honestly I was hoping the previously-announced 2 billion would be spent with a bit more vision. However it's great that they're investing and this park'll come out better for it.

I understand what you mean. It seems like the only lessons Disney is taking from the DCA reboot, which began this trend, is to build high quality lands with one E ticket around a popular franchise (Carsland). Neither this nor the DHS reboot (though it can be argued, the DHS's needs were different from DCA's) include any attempt at revisiting failed lands as WDI did so well with Paradise Pier 2.0 and Buena Vista Street. Buena Vista street was the heart of the DCA reboot. I don't think the reboot would have been nearly as successful if the park looked like its old, unappealing self from the esplanade.

While the lake is pretty, the entrance area from the ticket booths to even the area around TOT will still be in their same abysmal state. The cardboard cutout facades in front of TOT and the ugly untouched sound stages are just going to be more out of place now. What an awkward first impression.

Imagine 2024. The park is going to give off the same depressing first impression that made it so unpopular until you arrive at the new areas all the way across the lake. I think this is a big mistake.

The_Mesh_Hatter

The front entrance is still a mess. Maybe they’ll tackle it after all three lands are up and running.

Hopefully they will, although I believe that's functionally a very stupid decision. Imagine having to enter what's supposedly a "rebooted park" through a series of construction walls, whenever they decide to revisit the front.

douglasrickard

While the lake is pretty, the entrance area from the ticket booths to even the area around TOT will still be in their same abysmal state. The cardboard cutout facades in front of TOT and the ugly untouched sound stages are just going to be more out of place now. What an awkward first impression.

Imagine 2024. The park is going to give off the same depressing first impression that made it so unpopular until you arrive at the new areas all the way across the lake. I think this is a big mistake.

The first time I visited WDSP in 2016 I was actually pleasantly surprised by that area in the front (is it called Front Lot?) after the turn-styles - but I didn't like it inside Studio 1. Looks like there will be more trees too? So I'm happy with it, and the woodland boulevard is very interesting. I wonder what those canopies and booths are.

The_Mesh_Hatter

The first time I visited WDSP in 2016 I was actually pleasantly surprised by that area in the front (is it called Front Lot?) after the turn-styles - but I didn't like it inside Studio 1. Looks like there will be more trees too? So I'm happy with it, and the woodland boulevard is very interesting. I wonder what those canopies and booths are.

The area inside the turnstiles before Studio 1 is passable. It's the same aesthetic as a nice SoCal shopping center, which shines in comparison to the rest. But when you don't have anything awful to comparison it to, there's nothing particularly inspiring about a stucco box (Studio 1). More problematic is that the art shows no changes to the lifeless animation building or the cheap facades in front of the TOT that introduce you to the park, proper.

Sped2424

Ride-wise, seems pretty similar

DHS:
Battle Escape
Falcon
Mickey dark ride
Slinky
A.S.S.

WDSP:
Falcon
Frozen dark ride
A.S.S.
rethemed RNRC
possibly rethemed Armageddon
You're leaving out the fact that it's lands meaning shops and possibly other things to envelope time and attention, a new lagoon, night time show, marvel is replacing more than just RNRC. As for Galaxy's edge we aren't completly aware if this is a lite version yet.

So in reality

DHS
Falcon
Battle Escape
A.S.S.
Slinky
Mickey

WDSP
Falcon
Frozen Dark Ride
Possible Frozen flat ride (like the sled spinners assuming it's a clone of the HK land)
A.S.S.
RNRC retheme
Possible marvel ride replacing other attractions
Night Time Show in the lagoon
New Parade

cosmicgirl

I was looking at that on Google Earth and it looks like there's lots of space at the bottom of this image before they run into any buildings. Not sure how much of the land Disney owns or has recently acquired.

I always wonder what those buildings in the corner of the field are exactly.
There is land at the bottom of the image but the concept art makes it look they're aiming to expand collinearly with the entrance so that's what I based the position of the boulevard on. The land goes towards Val d'Europe so noise could become an issue there.

Britrepeater

It’s got to be good news, it does look a bit Epcotty.
It also looks from the concepts that they will keep half the tour if that’s the tram loading beyond swirly saucers: whose orientation indicates access to toy story land v2 maybe from the central avenue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom