Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fTs

Looks like Studio Tram Tour is still there with catastrophe canyon to the right and a new entrance on the main boulevard.

6eppItX.jpg

Will be good to use up all the expansion pad space they left.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Its a good series of additions to the park, but these will also highlight the shortsighted decisions that happened at and since the park's opening.
It’s obvious there’s expansion left around the lake. They’ve also room to the south of the new (and very long) ex Sunset Blvd towards LMA. Expanding north off the new road would be more difficult - the forest IIRC is semi protected from a grandfathered planning rule and can’t just be chopped down. Could pose a theming issue along the north side of the roadway unless it was semi themed / had facades / small buildings.

douglasrickard

Looks like a scaled back version of the Galaxy's Edge the two US parks are getting... maybe containing just the Millennium Falcon attraction (or something new altogether?). Arendalle looks to be taken straight from what was planned for Disney Sea (which I had the feeling had been canceled). Marvel certainly seems interesting as most of the buildings you see in that concept are already there. I mean, you repurpose/retheme the resturants/shops and they already talked about the Rock n' Roller Coaster retheme, but t looks at most only one new attraction here (in the top center behind the jet/aircraft). Given the long/skinny nature of the building, maybe a port/retheme of the Iron Man ride they added at Hong Kong?

Either way, some much needed investment to this park! (though I have to wonder how much this has an impact on the scope of the EPCOT overhaul)...

Good analysis there. But what do you mean about this having an impact on EPCOT?

douglasrickard

I'm fine either way if the decide to keep the Studio Tour or not. Right now, CC is the only redeeming thing about it.
Good tram tours are really pleasant (e.g. Universal Studios Hollywood) if there's something to travel through. Can they not have us go through some of their new live action sets. There does seem to be a path that looks like some of the tour is still there in the art.

Timothy_Q

It’s obvious there’s expansion left around the lake. They’ve also room to the south of the new (and very long) ex Sunset Blvd towards LMA. Expanding north off the new road would be more difficult - the forest IIRC is semi protected from a grandfathered planning rule and can’t just be chopped down. Could pose a theming issue along the north side of the roadway unless it was semi themed / had facades / small buildings.
Do you know if LMA is staying?
Hard to tell by the art

CrescentLake

This is awesome news! Of course there are still details to uncover (how many rides does each land have, is Star Wars Land scaled back, what does the nighttime show look like), but this is nothing but good for the park! The three expansion pads intrigue me, and I sincerely hope that at some point in the future, WDSP gets it's own unique land.

douglasrickard

The development "rolling out" in phases beginning 2021 means the first areas will open, not construction start right? And notice the release says "the new development will include a transformation of the Walt Disney Studios Park," so will Disneyland park also be benefiting from the 2 billion euro?

Timothy_Q

This is how you expand a park for a billion + How did they drop the ball so hard when it came to Hollywood studios expansion?
Some people seem to be saying WDS is only getting the Milenium Falcon ride in their SWL.
And their Frozen land seems similar to HKD's, which is getting Frozenstorm and a flat ride.

So, ride-wise this may not be as amazing as it looks
(I hope I'm 100% wrong tho)

douglasrickard

Some people seem to be saying WDS is only getting the Milenium Falcon ride in their SWL.
And their Frozen land seems similar to HKD's, which is getting Frozenstorm and a flat ride.

So, ride-wise this may not be as amazing as it looks
(I hope I'm 100% wrong tho)

Didn't someone say (prob in here) that they'd already designed a new "Frozen" ride but HKDL were happy with the Epcot version.. so maybe they'd prefer the new one from scratch as it would be higher capacity?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom